Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Prem WatsApp
  • 2 Post By flashop
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Finally, a reason to love my Q10 again!

After the huge falling-out I had with my Q10, due to the "Double Type" issue, and then the "Wifi Limited Connectivity" annoyances, I rekindled my love for my Q10 again, just by ... plugging in a nice set of headphones and being blown away by what I heard!

If you haven't plugged the Q10 into a decent set of phones (or speakers), you owe it to yourself to hear what a gem the little phone is at delivering surprisingly well-balanced, detailed, and (to my ears) noiseless audio through the headphone jack. A "business" phone has no business sounding this high-end; I'm a bit confused as to why they included such decent audio. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. This will be great for train-commutes to and from work, when I move to Vancouver in August!

Does anyone use their Q10 as their daily audio-driver? What are your thoughts on how it sounds?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    928 Global Posts

Q10 is my daily audio device with JVC Xtreme Xplosives which cost $40.

It sounds good enough, but I heard better from my past Nokia N8 with the ability to customize EQ.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    CrackBerry Abuser

I've always used my BlackBerry as my primary audio device. They really are under rated in that field and it makes me sad that they only make the audio app just good enough to get by.

Like the calendar is phenomenal and ill just sit there sometimes and admire the work that went into making it. But the video, music and gallery apps are just blah.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

I use it with a Bluetooth receiver (with aptX codec) hooked to my stereo, it sounds great. I also stream music from my router to my stereo - router has DLNA music server. I use Kalemsoft media player to play the stream.

Bob
    CrackBerry Abuser

If you want premium sound try Bowers Wilkins C5 or Bang Olufsen 3i. Sound wonderful worth price, but try Ebay for a good deal, buy carefully.
    Have both.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    803 Global Posts

Yep, I listen to podcasts every day, and it's the music source for long trips. Bluetooth connectivity to everything has been perfect too.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

BlackBerry Music Gate way in my F250 work truck, Blutooth in my Tundra, Beats Pill in the house, Beats ear bud for yard work and the range. I have 4 iSteves.......but I'm not sure where they are. nor do I care.

Posted via CB10
    BleedBlk-
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    996 Global Posts

Yep, I've always been very impressed with the Q10's audio output with headphones and without headphones.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by skstrials View Post
    Q10 is my daily audio device with JVC Xtreme Xplosives which cost $40.

It sounds good enough, but I heard better from my past Nokia N8 with the ability to customize EQ.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    Not so fast. Get your equalizer here. In 32/64bit audio.

Wait till you hear it with the Neutron Player. It's a five dollar app, but the sound quality compared to the BB10 player is yet another dimension. I have it on my Z10, and it blew me away.

It will improve your phone by a mile, this is WORTH it, no plugging or shilling :

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/128241

Pasted via CB chen
    dmlis likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    330117cb

This player is amazing and when you purchase it you also get it for the PlayBook if you have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Prem WatsApp View Post

Wait till you hear it with the Neutron Player. It's a five dollar app, but the sound quality compared to the BB10 player is yet another dimension. I have it on my Z10, and it blew me away.

It will improve your phone by a mile, this is WORTH it, no plugging or shilling :

Neutron Music Player - BlackBerry World

Pasted via CB chen
    BlackBerry Q10 and Z30 -- Playbook 64GB -- #FOTM - BlackBerry Fan of the Month for August

@Flash0p
    dmlis and sgosh like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Quote Originally Posted by dlrogers81 View Post
    Yep, I've always been very impressed with the Q10's audio output with headphones and without headphones.
    True. The built-in speaker does produce surprisingly good audio.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I love my Q10 we both have ups and downs! If that makes any sense!!

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by sgosh View Post
    Does anyone use their Q10 as their daily audio-driver? What are your thoughts on how it sounds?
    Q10 has been my daily (and only) driver for the past 13 months, and yes indeed, the sound quality is superb both on calls, and for music/radio. In volume, it rivals my wife's HTC One. People are frequently surprised by how loud the Q10 can get on Speaker Mode while still preserving excellent sound quality.

Sad to read that you had the dreaded double-typing issue. It is amazing how many people have been affected by this. I've been fortunate until now and have not had usability issues.

Posted via CB10

Global Posts
    8,485 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask and ye might receive

Quote Originally Posted by Prem WatsApp View Post

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/128241

Pasted via CB chen
    And in the fall, 10.3(.1) will come with an equalizer in the music player.

Posted via CB10
    Rock over London, rock on Chicago. Passport. Work wide.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by thurask View Post
    And in the fall, 10.3(.1) will come with an equalizer in the music player.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, thurask, was originally planning to add that. Now you've done it for me. :-)

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    759 Global Posts

Love my Q10 and Z30 as my main audio players. When I'm on the go or at the gym. Especially with my Beats studio headphones the sound quality is awesome. I just purchased the audio app Neutron! Man what a difference thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Via my BlackBerry ? Z30 ?
    Blackberry PASSPORT 10.3.0.908 / Q10 10.2.1.2102 / Z30 10.2.1.1803 / 32GB PLAYBOOK OS 2.1.0.1526 / iPad 2 32GB 3G wi-fi
    RUNNING, CB Launcher, iGrann, Bleacher Report, NHL, CBC Hockey Night, BUDWEISER Red
    Light, Evernote, Foursquare, TuneIn Radio, BlackBerry Travel, Air Canada, eBay,
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    846 Global Posts

I guess it failed as a communication device and now your using it as a walkman

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Yeah I have beats headphones and they sound gr8

Posted via CB10