... no, not "April Fools" but rather "Holy crap I can't believe how easy it was to do a non-destructive upgrade using sanchesi"

I've been in the camp of "I can't afford to lose my stuff and be without my phone and #%&*#*&@ and I shouldn't have to screw around with risky stuff to manually get 10.2 myself using this insideload outsideload upsidedownload whateverthehellload", and thus getting more and more pissed at AT&T all while digging my heels in on principle of having to do the sanchesi thing.

I even went as far to order an unlocked Z10 two weeks ago and swapped my SIM into it in order to try it out since soooo many CB folks claim they love the BB10 virtual keyboard after leaving their Bold.

Sorry Z10 lovers but your flippy swipey ain't got nothin' on how fast I can type on my Q10. I really did give it an honest go for a whole weekend, but found myself avoiding answering emails on it, and when I did use it to reply I found myself giving the same kind of terse one or two sentence replies I loathe getting from my iSheep friends. In the time it took me to swipe out a sentence on the Z10, I could have whipped out one or two paragraphs on my Q10. The productivity hit was mortifying. *struggle* *struggle* *angst* *angst*

So, continuing to dig my heels in on the I-shouldn't-have-to-do-it-myself front, and then seriously considered ordering an unlocked Q10 (what can I say, I'm stubborn), but I couldn't really justify the price of it on top of the unlocked Z10 that I'd already ordered.

THEN, I decided to see if I could get AT&T to unlock my Q10 (did I mention that I'm stubborn), but that was a no-go because I'm still on contract. Which led me to seriously consider trying to buy-out my contract (no, really, I'm stubborn).

But $#&**!#$@ it, 10.2 on the Z10 is flippin' awesome and not having it on my Q10 was killing me. *struggle* *struggle* *angst* *angst*

So finally last night I broke down and convinced myself that if things went all to hell, I at least now had the new Z10 to limp by with, instead of being totally high and dry like I would have been 2 weeks ago, should anything go wrong with the do-it-myself thing.

And thus we reach the "Holy crap I can't believe how easy it was to upgrade using sanchesi" point.

Because holy crap I can't believe how easy it was to upgrade using sanchesi

Of course, now I have to go back through all the CB posts and try to find all the 10.2 posts by Kevin et al. that have been tormenting all us AT&T folks since 10.2 came out for the rest of the world.... Is there a table-of-contents quick reference page for them or something? LOL :-)

P.S. Holy crap I can't believe how easy it was to upgrade using sanchesi :-)
    04-01-14 02:56 PM
    I agree completely! I was in the exact same boat as you (although I was just going to wait, not purchase a new phone) and I finally downloaded Sachesi, read the info and dove in.

It really was a snap and it only took about 30 minutes to do the whole process.

The phone (as expected) was a little clunky and laggy for about 24 hours after the upgrade, but now it's running smoothly.

In all honesty, I don't really care about the multiple alarms, or priority hub, but the following things make it super worthwhile.

1. Instant preview of all emails/texts/whattsapps/etc on top of whatever it is that you are currently using, and ability to instantly text back is fantasmic.

2. The preview of the lock screen is nice.

3. I get a bunch of spams, so when I wake up in the morning, I have to delete about 100 emails. With the old OS, if a new email came in while you were highlighting all the emails to delete, it would un-highlight them all, and you'd have to start again.

I'm sure there are more, but those three, combined with the relative ease of Sachesi makes it a no-brainer.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 06:45 PM
    Completely agree. Notifications on the lock screen are great and it's also nice to be able to be able to delete an email from the hub or hub & server. I saw it also has a mobile hot spot, although I haven't tried it yet.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 06:42 PM
    THEN, I decided to see if I could get AT&T to unlock my Q10 (did I mention that I'm stubborn), but that was a no-go because I'm still on contract. Which led me to seriously consider trying to buy-out my contract (no, really, I'm stubborn).
    Not stubborn enough it seems. I am less than six months into my two-year contract. See: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=915148 where AT&T approved my unlock request as well as that of another member of CB Nation.

SQN100-1 10.2.1.2947 | STA100-3 10.2.1.2947
    04-02-14 10:32 PM
    Can you tell me what the settings are that you entered - I am in the same boat and I want to update.
    04-03-14 02:46 PM
    Same here. I used it for the first time last night. It was flipping simple. Q10 now on 10.2.1.*
    04-05-14 09:19 AM
    I loaded 10.2 (AT&T phone) and have to say I had issues. Over a few hours after a reset I would get device memory full notification, phone would show using like 10 G of memory. Had a couple weird crashes too. Loved the feature set, waiting for AT&T to release (and hoping they ironed out any bugs)
    04-05-14 10:38 AM
    Did a wipe after the "leak" 10.2 I got via these forums, did a factory reset, and now I show 10.2.1.2141!! Guess ATT released?
    04-05-14 11:17 AM
    Spaine81:

All I did was follow the instructions here:

Upgrading BB10 OS Using Sachesi for an OTA-like Up... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

which says:

If your device is a Q5/Q10 (All variants) use:
    Carrier: 15
    Device: Q10
    Variant: SQN100-3
    04-07-14 02:12 PM