... And back it goes! It took 9 DAYS for the seller to get it to me in North Jersey, all the way from NYC, which I can see when I'm standing on my deck!! Then I try for 3 days to get the phone activated on Verizon. Yes, it was a Verizon phone originally but the previous owner was using it on AT&T. 4 new SIM cards from two different Verizon stores. No soap. Opened a ticket with VZ Support and they concluded it was nothing on their end, must be the phone. So back it goes. Shame too, because it was truly pristine, no double-type issues, or any other issues. That is, if you don't count the defective CDMA radio and complete inability to activate it.

This was supposed to be the device that weened me off my iPhone and tided me over until I could get my grubby mitts on a Passport. This is just fate I guess. I'm SUPPOSED to wait patiently (never my strong suit) for the Passport. I had a deal *almost* completed here for a Q10 but there were complications. Right after that deal fell through I began searching anew for a mint Q10. Finally got one (not here on Crackberry), only to find it defective. And just after I consummated this deal and began my wait for shipping via pony express, the original one here came back on the market! I must be snake-bit!!

So here I sit, spilling my tale of Q10 woe, BlackBerryless, impatient, and feeling so unfulfilled with my iPhone. **sigh** Now I know how Charlie Brown felt every time Lucy pulled the football away as he was about to kick it.
    09-01-14 09:10 AM
    I will sad for you! Although good times are coming and you.will need a passport to heaven

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 09:12 AM
    Just wait for the Passport, it will be a pretty steep learning curve for typing on that anyway. So it will just be distracting if you get used to a Q10 again.

BlackBerry 10 signed @ C0007CC89
    09-01-14 09:12 AM
    /add a line and get a new Q10

Posted via CB10
    anon(8263181) likes this.
    09-01-14 09:13 AM
    I had several Q10's before and sold them either to change carriers or to try other platforms. I LOVE those things!! I might still buy one even after I get the Passport, just as a backup and as a "change of pace" phone. And I expect prices to fall even further after Passport and Classic hit the streets.
    09-01-14 09:15 AM
    ... And back it goes! It took 9 DAYS for the seller to get it to me in North Jersey, all the way from NYC, which I can see when I'm standing on my deck!! Then I try for 3 days to get the phone activated on Verizon. Yes, it was a Verizon phone originally but the previous owner was using it on AT&T. 4 new SIM cards from two different Verizon stores. No soap. Opened a ticket with VZ Support and they concluded it was nothing on their end, must be the phone. So back it goes. Shame too, because it was truly pristine, no double-type issues, or any other issues. That is, if you don't count the defective CDMA radio and complete inability to activate it.

This was supposed to be the device that weened me off my iPhone and tided me over until I could get my grubby mitts on a Passport. This is just fate I guess. I'm SUPPOSED to wait patiently (never my strong suit) for the Passport. I had a deal *almost* completed here for a Q10 but there were complications. Right after that deal fell through I began searching anew for a mint Q10. Finally got one (not here on Crackberry), only to find it defective. And just after I consummated this deal and began my wait for shipping via pony express, the original one here came back on the market! I must be snake-bit!!

So here I sit, spilling my tale of Q10 woe, BlackBerryless, impatient, and feeling so unfulfilled with my iPhone. **sigh** Now I know how Charlie Brown felt every time Lucy pulled the football away as he was about to kick it.
    Verizon and the rest of the carrier fors that matter tend to blame the phone anytime they can't figure something out. It's the easiest way out for them.

Posted via Q10RR
    09-01-14 09:37 AM
    You can pick up a new unlocked device on shopblackberry.com they are having a 30% off sale!

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-01-14 10:04 AM
    Verizon and the rest of the carrier fors that matter tend to blame the phone anytime they can't figure something out. It's the easiest way out for them.

Posted via Q10RR
    True, but then both my Lumia Icon and iPhone 5s activate immediately when I switch between them. This Q10 just kept grinding away on the activation with no resolution. Multiple security wipes and restarts (with and without the SIM card) did nothing. And the device was being used previously with AT&T, making me a little suspicious about it's viability on Verizon. Unfortunately, this time I believe Verizon.

Before BB10 and 4G devices, tech support could walk you through entering an MPED code to get to a programming screen. On that screen you could enter information manually and this often sorted out activation problems. I've done it on several carriers with BlackBerrys. Unfortunately that capability is gone.
    09-01-14 10:45 AM
    You can pick up a new unlocked device on shopblackberry.com they are having a 30% off sale!

Posted via CB10
    I need a specific Verizon model. I went to shopblackberry and when I clicked on Buy Now I got the price of $798!!! That's insane. I'm not going to pay more than $200 (shipped) for a device that's destined to become a backup to my Passport in a couple weeks.
    09-01-14 10:49 AM
    Take it back to where u got it from. Get ur money back.
    09-01-14 10:59 AM
    Take it back to where u got it from. Get ur money back.
    Happening now. Full refund made, item has been boxed and shipped back to the seller.
    09-01-14 11:00 AM
    Wait you didn't know that verizon phones don't work with att etc ?

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 11:35 AM
    Wait you didn't know that verizon phones don't work with att etc ?

Posted via CB10
    Verizon Q10's all come unlocked and work with all GSM carriers. The Q10 is a "world phone" with a CDMA radio as well as a GSM radio.

The problem is trying to go the other way and use an AT&T device on Verizon. That's not going to work. But I bought a Verizon-branded Q10 specifically to use it on Verizon. The previous owner left their AT&T SIM card in the phone so that's how I knew is was being used on AT&T.
    09-01-14 11:42 AM
    I saw my first Q10 "in the wild" in the US yesterday. It was owned by a friend who came to visit from India. He said BB is very popular there and my other friend visiting was researching a Z3. Both said that they used their phone for communication and business. Neither played with apps. That was interesting. I think most of the US media we read form has a totally different view on the uses of phones. That apps are the full story. Maybe this is why BB has a shot at succeeding worldwide, but not in the US. We are so happy playing games, we forgot what a phone is for. We are so fashion and trend focused, we endure inferior products that look good. Just another observation that tells me the US is falling behind the world in so many ways. We are the frog in the soon to be boiling water.
    09-01-14 12:10 PM
    True, but then both my Lumia Icon and iPhone 5s activate immediately when I switch between them. This Q10 just kept grinding away on the activation with no resolution. Multiple security wipes and restarts (with and without the SIM card) did nothing. And the device was being used previously with AT&T, making me a little suspicious about it's viability on Verizon. Unfortunately, this time I believe Verizon.

Before BB10 and 4G devices, tech support could walk you through entering an MPED code to get to a programming screen. On that screen you could enter information manually and this often sorted out activation problems. I've done it on several carriers with BlackBerrys. Unfortunately that capability is gone.
    Did you try any other sim card to see if it would work? I wonder if it could have been blacklisted or blocked and that's why it wouldn't connect.. something seems definitely wrong with that phone...
    09-01-14 12:40 PM

Posted via Q10RR
    Exactly!

Q10SQN100-2/10.2.1.3253
    09-01-14 12:55 PM
    Did you try any other sim card to see if it would work? I wonder if it could have been blacklisted or blocked and that's why it wouldn't connect.. something seems definitely wrong with that phone...
    I put the original AT&T SIM card back in and it saw the network right away. The SIM was now invalid so it wouldn't register, but it found the network. The Verizon SIMs (4 different ones) all found the network but wouldn't finish the activation.
    09-01-14 01:05 PM
    I bought a brand spanking new Q10 (white) off E-Bay, after owning still a black Q10 I bought used.

That shows how much I love this device

Sent from my Black Q10 using Tapatalk
    09-01-14 01:11 PM
    For what its worth, I saw complete Verizon Q10 housings and screens on eBay the other day. It looks like they strip the motherboard out of them and sell the rest. Did you check the about screen on the phone to ensure it was the proper model number for Verizon?

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/tDEAAOxy3cJThTqZ/$_57.JPG
    09-01-14 01:19 PM
    I bought a brand spanking new Q10 (white) off E-Bay, after owning still a black Q10 I bought used.

That shows how much I love this device

Sent from my Black Q10 using Tapatalk
    Wish I had the money to throw down on another Q10 as a backup lol

Posted via Q10RR
    09-01-14 01:48 PM
    And a 9700

Posted via Q10RR
    09-01-14 01:48 PM
    And a 9900

Posted via Q10RR
    09-01-14 01:49 PM
    For what its worth, I saw complete Verizon Q10 housings and screens on eBay the other day. It looks like they strip the motherboard out of them and sell the rest. Did you check the about screen on the phone to ensure it was the proper model number for Verizon?

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/tDEAAOxy3cJThTqZ/$_57.JPG
    Yup. SQN 100-2.
    09-01-14 02:37 PM
    Wish I had the money to throw down on another Q10 as a backup lol

Posted via Q10RR
    I sold my Z10 and putting away my Android as my second device, so running 2Q's with 10.3 and 10.2.2 for comparison.
    09-01-14 02:49 PM
    I sold my Z10 and putting away my Android as my second device, so running 2Q's with 10.3 and 10.2.2 for comparison.
    Nice! That's the way to do it. Side-by-side comparison of the two OS versions on identical hardware.
    zocster likes this.
    09-01-14 04:59 PM
32 12