This is a long yet interesting story. Last February, I was up for a contract renewal with AT&T. BlackBerry 10 had just launched, and I was so excited about it I could not wait to experience it. The problem was that I wanted the Q10, and AT&T only had the Z10 in the pipeline with no information on when or if the Q10 would ever be offered. I was livid, but I needed to be a part of the BlackBerry 10 experience (die hard BlackBerry fan here and those who know me will say the same thing). So when the Z10 was released for AT&T, not only did I get it (for FREE!), I also convinced my fiance to switch from Verizon to AT&T to join my plan and get a Z10 as well. Well, as luck would have it, months later the Q10 finally arrived on AT&T, but my upgrade was already used. Now I love my Z10, don't get me wrong. It's a fantastic device, and I wouldn't trade it for anything, but the desire for that Q10 never went away. I couldn't justify paying 600 dollars full retail no-contract for a phone I should have had to begin with, so I continued wanting it, even Googling any deals available on it over the past year, but nothing ever materialized that was within reason. Well, fast forward to this past Thursday when I decided to make a mercy plea to AT&T in a phone call. I told them the story I just told here, and I was transferred to the retention department. As it turned out, my nearly 8 years of loyalty, service, on-time payments, and bringing new business in the form of my fiance did not go unnoticed, or unrewarded in this case : they are sending me a brand new Q10 FOR FREE! I cannot put into words how good it feels. Lesson here is never give up on something you really want and patience pays off BIG TIME (rarely, but here it definitely did) . I know the ins and outs of the Q10, so I know EXACTLY what I am getting (plenty of research and videos watched daydreaming about it). My expectations are no more that what the Q10 actually is, and I can't wait to gaze upon it in all its OLED QWERTY glory!

I used my Z10 to create this CrackBerry madness!
    02-08-14 06:44 PM
    I love at&t sometimes! Congrats!

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 07:16 PM
    Awesomeness!

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 07:24 PM
    Be sure it fully fuctions when you get it in the 14 day period because I just snt mine back as the only thing it would do was text once i finally activated it after setting it up. Also use legends upgrade for 10.2. Works great as well as snap.
    02-08-14 08:04 PM
    For free??? No smoke screens? Wow

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 08:12 PM
    No catch whatsoever. My fiance couldn't believe it either. Forwarded the receipt.

02-08-14 08:40 PM
    People talk a lot of hate for AT&T sometimes but I've been a satisfied customer of theirs for a while. They are not the cheapest, but they are not the most expensive. Their reception is almost always good, and the few times I had to speak with their customer service they have been very nice about it. One time the woman and I conversed for quite some time just small talk, lol.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-08-14 08:43 PM
    Oh yah, don't forget to update to 10.2.1 once you get it before loading all of your contacts and what-not.

02-08-14 08:47 PM
    WOW, that's awesome. I have had mine since July. Love it, never leaves my side.

You will not be UNDERWHELMED. that's for sure!
    02-08-14 09:47 PM
    Congrats! I just got mine from them I waited since I was on the fence over it. im getting the hang of it slowly coming from a torch its a huge difference. The keyboard on the Q is AWESOME!!!
    mk2234 likes this.
    02-08-14 09:55 PM
    That's dope! Good luck with the new Q10!

Posted via Q10
    02-08-14 09:59 PM
    So jealous! I should try that, I'm a loyal customer who always goes way over my data limit I should get something back too!

Crushed on my Q5 or flicked on my Z30!
    02-08-14 10:08 PM
    Great story. Enjoy that Q

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    02-08-14 10:09 PM
    This is a long yet interesting story. Last February, I was up for a contract renewal with AT&T. BlackBerry 10 had just launched, and I was so excited about it I could not wait to experience it. The problem was that I wanted the Q10, and AT&T only had the Z10 in the pipeline with no information on when or if the Q10 would ever be offered. I was livid, but I needed to be a part of the BlackBerry 10 experience (die hard BlackBerry fan here and those who know me will say the same thing). So when the Z10 was released for AT&T, not only did I get it (for FREE!), I also convinced my fiance to switch from Verizon to AT&T to join my plan and get a Z10 as well. Well, as luck would have it, months later the Q10 finally arrived on AT&T, but my upgrade was already used. Now I love my Z10, don't get me wrong. It's a fantastic device, and I wouldn't trade it for anything, but the desire for that Q10 never went away. I couldn't justify paying 600 dollars full retail no-contract for a phone I should have had to begin with, so I continued wanting it, even Googling any deals available on it over the past year, but nothing ever materialized that was within reason. Well, fast forward to this past Thursday when I decided to make a mercy plea to AT&T in a phone call. I told them the story I just told here, and I was transferred to the retention department. As it turned out, my nearly 8 years of loyalty, service, on-time payments, and bringing new business in the form of my fiance did not go unnoticed, or unrewarded in this case : they are sending me a brand new Q10 FOR FREE! I cannot put into words how good it feels. Lesson here is never give up on something you really want and patience pays off BIG TIME (rarely, but here it definitely did) . I know the ins and outs of the Q10, so I know EXACTLY what I am getting (plenty of research and videos watched daydreaming about it). My expectations are no more that what the Q10 actually is, and I can't wait to gaze upon it in all its OLED QWERTY glory!

Ensure you get a PROPER protective case for it. IF not you'll be left wanting for another in no time flat
    02-08-14 10:16 PM
    There's another story behind that. I do have an Otterbox Defender case which I purchased from AT&T during an online clearance sale. They were 5 bucks each so I bought 2 in hopes of some day filling one case with an actual Q10. When I got them, I noticed that the cases would not fit into the holsters properly with the screen facing out. I contacted Otterbox, and after taking pictures and submitting them, they sent me two more cases to replace those (thinking that they might be defective). The new cases were identical, so now I have a total of FOUR Otterbox Defender cases for the Q10. I'm good on cases indefinitely!

JesseBabe23 and world saviour like this.
    02-08-14 10:30 PM
    There's another story behind that. I do have an Otterbox Defender case which I purchased from AT&T during an online clearance sale. They were 5 bucks each so I bought 2 in hopes of some day filling one case with an actual Q10. When I got them, I noticed that the cases would not fit into the holsters properly with the screen facing out. I contacted Otterbox, and after taking pictures and submitting them, they sent me two more cases to replace those (thinking that they might be defective). The new cases were identical, so now I have a total of FOUR Otterbox Defender cases for the Q10. I'm good on cases indefinitely!

Wait, why do you want the screens facing outward? You want the phone to be backward when you take it out of the holster or so everything that bumps against you to bump right against the screen??

02-08-14 10:48 PM
    Nice. I wonder if the screen size will bother you. I just want a Z30!
    02-08-14 10:54 PM
    The holster is supposed to act as a media display for the case when the screen is facing out. The belt clip locks open to create a kickstand so that in theory you can watch videos hands free. While it works perfectly on the Z10 Otterbox Defender case, it does not work on the Otterbox Defender case for the Q10. Kind of silly to have a belt clip that turns into a kickstand for a phone case that can only have the screen facing in when holstered. Most Otterbox Defender cases do fit in the holster with the screen facing both in and out. The one for the Q10 is the first I've encountered that doesn't.

02-08-14 10:58 PM
    Wow. Nice move AT&T...my T-Mo won't/can't sell me a Z30 for upgrade my 2 contracts, because they don't have/offer it
    02-09-14 02:39 AM
    I've got to stop reading all these Q10 threads. As much as I love my Z30 (best phone I have ever had), I do long for the familiarity of the BlackBerry keyboard!

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 09:05 AM
    Tim the ****in' "Tool Man" Taylor, everyone!
    FINALLY Getting A Q10 On Monday!-img_20140209_221035.png

ThunderShock2005 and Carjackd like this.
    02-09-14 09:15 PM
    From one Q10 owner to another, enjoi you're new Berry!

By the way, I wish that Verizon would do things like this for their customers.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 09:18 PM
    It's awesome that AT&T agreed to do this for you! Enjoy your Q10, the keyboard is blissful :-).
    02-09-14 09:38 PM
    OK. Before everyone gets upset, I have two questions. First, the screen brightness is very low. Out of the box the OS is 10.1. Is there any improvement to screen brightness since then? At max brightness, it is equal to less than 50 percent on the Z10 and is extremely hard on the eyes. Second, is there a way to expand videos so they stretch to fit the screen? Maybe that was another update that wasn't available in 10.1. Any feedback would really help me out. Those are my only two issues with the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 06:47 PM
    That's awesome!

My story is the same as you except I've only been with them for over 5 years, and that instead of being offered a free upgrade from Z10 to Q10, I took the bait of switching to AT&T Next. :-(

But hey, they cancelled my contract so Yay? Haha

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10 on AT&T
    02-10-14 07:08 PM
56 123