On the original OS that my device came with, I activated certain letters for 1 key calling and subsequently programmed them for the numbers of the people I wanted. It worked well within the limitations to that feature introduced in OS10 (i.e. Only when the phone app is open and specifically to the keypad tab).

After an upgrade, I went to add more quickdila #'s and was surprised to see the names listed with each programmed key was incorrect. Other entries in my contact list had been swapped in as my quick dial selections. This puzzled me as I was sure that I had successfully used the single key to reach the correct # since upgrading. I tested it again and sure enough, it reached the correct person despite being labled on the setup page with someone else's name. I am not sure it the mapping error occurred as a result of an upgrade glitch or whether the bug belongs to the OS.
    Has anyone else restored quickdial settings after an upgrade by means of Link? If yes, do the correct names show on the quickdial set-up page?

Posted via CBQ10
    05-29-13 09:03 AM
    Upgrade is kinda buggy regarding the contacts app . . . after an upgrade to 273 my favorites were gone and most of my contacts had double entries within the contact (e.g. Sister: mobile: 1234 567890 ; mobile: 1234 567890).
    It was really annoying to correct this glitch manually.

greetings from germany

PS: this also happend when i did the update manually by autoloader and played back my backup.
    Last edited by k_f; 05-29-13 at 09:11 AM. Reason: added ps
    anon(3072139) likes this.
    05-29-13 09:08 AM
    I saw that bug too. Did you upgrade OTA or use a loader? My guess is it may be related to a unique ID in the contact database that gets changed in an OS update. Similar to problem people were having with text messages not matching.

In other words, when you load a new OS and your contacts are synced from an online service, the new sync may assign new uid (account numbers) to the contacts as they are imported. If the UID is used to lookup the contact, the speed dials would get matched to the wrong contacts.

Posted via CB10
    anon(3072139) likes this.
    05-29-13 09:13 AM