Is the Q10 in its final product? Is it still going to look like the Bold 9900? Or are they going to change it? I was hoping they would finalize it to look like the new Dev Alpha C after that product has been fully complete

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-20-13 01:20 PM
    nope it is in the final stage and what it looks like now is how it will stay , sorry

Redirect Notice

check it out. (that link shows the black and white versions)
    02-20-13 01:40 PM
    Design is finalized as shown during Jan 30th launch press event.
    Overall shape is like the 9900 but the design and materials are different. Keyboard is straight is straight instead of rounded. That plus the larger square screen gives it a relatively different design on its face.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 12:53 AM
    Plus
    Bigger screen /better screen
    New OS that means you more easily "multitask"
    Larger frets and slightly larger keys said to improve keyboard.
    Much bigger battery
    Faster processor and browser should improve internet use

Negative
    OS not as simple to use - features may not be used
    May lose apps for the next year
    Loss of much beloved trackpad
    02-21-13 03:12 PM
    Plus
    Bigger screen /better screen
    New OS that means you more easily "multitask"
    Larger frets and slightly larger keys said to improve keyboard.
    Much bigger battery
    Faster processor and browser should improve internet use

Negative
    OS not as simple to use - features may not be used
    May lose apps for the next year
    Loss of much beloved trackpad
    Oh. My. Gahhh. I just realized there is no trackpad on the q10. How will i ever adjust?
    ezapper2 likes this.
    02-21-13 03:25 PM
    Don't forget there are also no charging contacts if im not mistaken. Going to lose that dock many of us know and love.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    02-21-13 04:10 PM
    Oh. My. Gahhh. I just realized there is no trackpad on the q10. How will i ever adjust?
    Bbkrzy. If you ever used the bold 9900/9930 you will realize you don't need a track pad. Navigation is a mixture of swiping and keyboard. I never used my track pad on the 9900

Posted using CB10 Z10
    02-21-13 10:12 PM
    Bbkrzy. If you ever used the bold 9900/9930 you will realize you don't need a track pad. Navigation is a mixture of swiping and keyboard. I never used my track pad on the 9900

Posted using CB10 Z10
    I know. It's just that it's been there for the longest time and will just be getting some used to. That's all.
    02-21-13 10:42 PM
    Well not that long started as a roller, then trackball, to track pad. Now nothing.

Posted using CB10 Z10
    02-22-13 01:06 AM
    Don't forget there are also no charging contacts if im not mistaken. Going to lose that dock many of us know and love.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Z10 has a multimedia dock coming. One for the Q10 wouldn't be a surprise either.

Posted via CB10
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    02-22-13 04:44 PM
    I actually use the trackpad all the time. It will be an adjustment not having it there to use.
    02-22-13 04:54 PM
    I actually use the trackpad all the time. It will be an adjustment not having it there to use.
    I still havent adjusted to the touchscreen on my 9900 after using the trackpad for so long. Really like that Q10. Would love a Dev C look alike even more.
    02-22-13 05:01 PM
    Just with the touchscreen. We all use trackpad because there are on our phones, but just keep in mind that trackpad aren't present on any other phones, even if they are small.
    I like trackpad on my 9900 of course, but i think it'll take us just a little time to forget it and use the touchscreen on the Q10.
    02-23-13 01:58 AM
    Z10 has a multimedia dock coming. One for the Q10 wouldn't be a surprise either.
    Given that the ports are on the side of the device and it is a portrait-only device, that is going to be a more unwieldy option than with the z10 that would still work in landscape mode, so less important even if it does show up.
    02-23-13 06:29 AM
    Is the Q10 in its final product?
    good question, given that there are absolutely NO infos on any blackberry corporate site and that, for example, the phone was not even mentioned at the German launch on Thursday in Cologne - it might be vaporware in this moment of time. Or a reception test for further product plannings...
    02-23-13 07:06 AM
    good question, given that there are absolutely NO infos on any blackberry corporate site and that, for example, the phone was not even mentioned at the German launch on Thursday in Cologne - it might be vaporware in this moment of time. Or a reception test for further product plannings...
    It was formally announced on Jan 30th, that makes it official, due to it taking longer than previously intended for it to launch (was seemingly expected within a month of the z10 based on comments in the media from BB people) it is no wonder that they did not mention it in the german event that was specifically for announcing availability of the z10 in germany and was not meant to be a repeat of the jan 30th event.

Personally, I expect we will see the q10 in the stores in some countries before the end of April and in some ways that is a better date than a month after the z10 as it gives them another launch to boost that next quarter's sales and if they can manage it, a June/July launch for the next model would also fit that pattern quite nicely too.
    02-24-13 05:53 AM
    Given that the ports are on the side of the device and it is a portrait-only device, that is going to be a more unwieldy option than with the z10 that would still work in landscape mode, so less important even if it does show up.
    I can envision a portrait dock with a back and left side only, so you could slide in the Q10 from right.

Whoa should I patent this?!?
    Then I'll sue everyone, whether they make it or not. Mwah-hah-hah... I'll be rich!

Posted via CB10
    Turnda643 likes this.
    02-24-13 04:36 PM
    That's not a bad idea at all (no not the patenting thing ) assuming it didn't add any stress to the connectors at least.
    02-25-13 02:34 PM
    That's not a bad idea at all (no not the patenting thing ) assuming it didn't add any stress to the connectors at least.
    Plus not scraping bottom of device!
    02-25-13 04:54 PM