Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Elite1
  • 1 Post By Elite1
  1. Ekilla's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    417 Posts
    Global Posts
    424 Global Posts
    PIN
    29B14531
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Final product?

    Is the Q10 in its final product? Is it still going to look like the Bold 9900? Or are they going to change it? I was hoping they would finalize it to look like the new Dev Alpha C after that product has been fully complete

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Previous devices: BlackBerry Bold 9700 - BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 - BlackBerry Curve 8900 - BlackBerry Curve 8320

    OS: v7.1.0.284
    Team BlackBerry - "We need Tools, not Toys."
  2. Berinry's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    77 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    nope it is in the final stage and what it looks like now is how it will stay , sorry

    Redirect Notice

    check it out. (that link shows the black and white versions)
    ~εrin
  3. Elite1's Avatar


    Posts
    13,544 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,688 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B
    #3  

    Default

    Design is finalized as shown during Jan 30th launch press event.
    Overall shape is like the 9900 but the design and materials are different. Keyboard is straight is straight instead of rounded. That plus the larger square screen gives it a relatively different design on its face.

    Posted via CB10
    Saving the world, one OS at a time...

    Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
    How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900

    Curve 8330Tour 9630Bold 9700Torch 9800Bold 9900Z10
    Z30
    psst... Here's THANKS button
  4. Bbnivende's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,939 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,948 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Plus
    Bigger screen /better screen
    New OS that means you more easily "multitask"
    Larger frets and slightly larger keys said to improve keyboard.
    Much bigger battery
    Faster processor and browser should improve internet use

    Negative
    OS not as simple to use - features may not be used
    May lose apps for the next year
    Loss of much beloved trackpad
  5. BBKrzy's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bbnivende View Post
    Plus
    Bigger screen /better screen
    New OS that means you more easily "multitask"
    Larger frets and slightly larger keys said to improve keyboard.
    Much bigger battery
    Faster processor and browser should improve internet use

    Negative
    OS not as simple to use - features may not be used
    May lose apps for the next year
    Loss of much beloved trackpad
    Oh. My. Gahhh. I just realized there is no trackpad on the q10. How will i ever adjust?
    Thanked by:
    ezapper2 (02-21-2013) 
  6. xACiD's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    488 Posts
    #6  

    Default Re: Final product?

    Don't forget there are also no charging contacts if im not mistaken. Going to lose that dock many of us know and love.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Current: BlackBerry Q10 | RIM BlackBerry PlayBook (64GB) | Google Nexus 7 (16GB)

    Retired Phones: Samsung Galaxy Note II | RIM BlackBerry Bold 9930 | HTC Thunderbolt 4G LTE | RIM BlackBerry Bold 9650 | HTC Droid Incredible | RIM BlackBerry Bold 9000 | HTC Touch Pro | AT&T Tilt | Cingular 8125

    Retired Tablets: Motorola XOOM
  7. ezapper2's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,118 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBKrzy View Post
    Oh. My. Gahhh. I just realized there is no trackpad on the q10. How will i ever adjust?
    Bbkrzy. If you ever used the bold 9900/9930 you will realize you don't need a track pad. Navigation is a mixture of swiping and keyboard. I never used my track pad on the 9900

    Posted using CB10 Z10
  8. BBKrzy's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ezapper2 View Post
    Bbkrzy. If you ever used the bold 9900/9930 you will realize you don't need a track pad. Navigation is a mixture of swiping and keyboard. I never used my track pad on the 9900

    Posted using CB10 Z10
    I know. It's just that it's been there for the longest time and will just be getting some used to. That's all.
  9. ezapper2's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,118 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Well not that long started as a roller, then trackball, to track pad. Now nothing.

    Posted using CB10 Z10
  10. Elite1's Avatar


    Posts
    13,544 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,688 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xACiD View Post
    Don't forget there are also no charging contacts if im not mistaken. Going to lose that dock many of us know and love.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Z10 has a multimedia dock coming. One for the Q10 wouldn't be a surprise either.

    Posted via CB10
    Saving the world, one OS at a time...

    Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
    How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900

    Curve 8330Tour 9630Bold 9700Torch 9800Bold 9900Z10
    Z30
    psst... Here's THANKS button
    r0v3rT3N likes this.
  11. blueyestm's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,433 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,499 Global Posts
    PIN
    ky swear
    #11  

    Default

    I actually use the trackpad all the time. It will be an adjustment not having it there to use.
    @blueyestm
    -------------------------------------------
    Q10: 10.3.0.1052
    Z10: 10.3.0.1154
  12. eddy_berry's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,560 Posts
    #12  

    Default Re: Final product?

    Quote Originally Posted by blueyestm View Post
    I actually use the trackpad all the time. It will be an adjustment not having it there to use.
    I still havent adjusted to the touchscreen on my 9900 after using the trackpad for so long. Really like that Q10. Would love a Dev C look alike even more.
    For the best typing experience only one brand does it the best. That brand is BlackBerry.
    BlackBerry. Nobody likes a typo.

    Check out my collection of CB and BB wallpapers
  13. CallMeNop's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    168 Posts
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    PIN
    2ADA5538
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBKrzy View Post
    Oh. My. Gahhh. I just realized there is no trackpad on the q10. How will i ever adjust?
    Just with the touchscreen. We all use trackpad because there are on our phones, but just keep in mind that trackpad aren't present on any other phones, even if they are small.
    I like trackpad on my 9900 of course, but i think it'll take us just a little time to forget it and use the touchscreen on the Q10.
    French Blacberry addict. Q10.
  14. Skeevecr's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,575 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elite1 View Post
    Z10 has a multimedia dock coming. One for the Q10 wouldn't be a surprise either.
    Given that the ports are on the side of the device and it is a portrait-only device, that is going to be a more unwieldy option than with the z10 that would still work in landscape mode, so less important even if it does show up.
  15. Chris Marsch's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    267 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekilla View Post
    Is the Q10 in its final product?
    good question, given that there are absolutely NO infos on any blackberry corporate site and that, for example, the phone was not even mentioned at the German launch on Thursday in Cologne - it might be vaporware in this moment of time. Or a reception test for further product plannings...
  16. Skeevecr's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,575 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Marsch View Post
    good question, given that there are absolutely NO infos on any blackberry corporate site and that, for example, the phone was not even mentioned at the German launch on Thursday in Cologne - it might be vaporware in this moment of time. Or a reception test for further product plannings...
    It was formally announced on Jan 30th, that makes it official, due to it taking longer than previously intended for it to launch (was seemingly expected within a month of the z10 based on comments in the media from BB people) it is no wonder that they did not mention it in the german event that was specifically for announcing availability of the z10 in germany and was not meant to be a repeat of the jan 30th event.

    Personally, I expect we will see the q10 in the stores in some countries before the end of April and in some ways that is a better date than a month after the z10 as it gives them another launch to boost that next quarter's sales and if they can manage it, a June/July launch for the next model would also fit that pattern quite nicely too.
  17. Elite1's Avatar


    Posts
    13,544 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,688 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeevecr View Post
    Given that the ports are on the side of the device and it is a portrait-only device, that is going to be a more unwieldy option than with the z10 that would still work in landscape mode, so less important even if it does show up.
    I can envision a portrait dock with a back and left side only, so you could slide in the Q10 from right.

    Whoa should I patent this?!?
    Then I'll sue everyone, whether they make it or not. Mwah-hah-hah... I'll be rich!

    Posted via CB10
    Saving the world, one OS at a time...

    Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
    How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900

    Curve 8330Tour 9630Bold 9700Torch 9800Bold 9900Z10
    Z30
    psst... Here's THANKS button
    Turnda643 likes this.
  18. Skeevecr's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,575 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    That's not a bad idea at all (no not the patenting thing ) assuming it didn't add any stress to the connectors at least.
  19. Elite1's Avatar


    Posts
    13,544 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,688 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeevecr View Post
    That's not a bad idea at all (no not the patenting thing ) assuming it didn't add any stress to the connectors at least.
    Plus not scraping bottom of device!
    Saving the world, one OS at a time...

    Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
    How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900

    Curve 8330Tour 9630Bold 9700Torch 9800Bold 9900Z10
    Z30
    psst... Here's THANKS button

Similar Threads

  1. How to Delete Messages Productively
    By sjf in forum BlackBerry 87xx Series
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-07-2010, 02:11 PM
  2. Will the final production model have the USB moved?
    By marc34 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9650
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-10-2010, 10:55 AM
  3. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-24-2009, 07:28 PM
  4. The waiting game for OS 5.0 final product
    By riverajuan in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 07:30 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-03-2007, 07:00 AM

Posting Permissions