Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jaydee5799
  • 1 Post By FCSC
  • 1 Post By Dim-Ize
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default A few specific tweaks to Q10 OS would be nice to see

Not trying to hate on BB10 or the Q10.

Frankly, after I loaded the latest leak (10.2.1.2141) I am shocked at how much better this is than whatever I had on there before (from November time frame). Great, great, great update! I do know they have added specific Q features like press & hold dial from home screen.

I'm just wondering though, doesn't it seem like the BB team is so slammed with few resources, etc. that they don't have the bandwidth to make the little tweaks that are specific to the Q inside the application experience? I mean, the OS is for multiple platforms. I get it. To me though, there is allot of wasted space on the screen.

For example, when composing an email, half the screen is occupied with menus. Can't they condense them somehow? On the dial-er screen, all my contact pictures are displayed like a bank robber - with just the eyes showing and forehead cut-off.

I'm very happy with what I have and I'm curious if they will ever take the time to make very specific Q adjustments to the aesthetics of the screens in various applications.

Global Posts
    63,165 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me...always like new friends!

I think the OS is not tweaked for the Q specifically BECAUSE it is for multiple devices. That's the only thing I can think of.
    HTTR FOREVER I'll Always Be Ramblin' in Rehab: Where the real Bold addicts are!
    Z30STA100-3/10.3.0.1154 on VZW
    How to Load an OS Using Autoloader|Backup and Restore Using BB Link
    How to Sideload Android Apps to Your BB10 device|How To Upgrade Your OS with Sachesi I Questions? email jomarie.ditata@mobilenations.com
    Dim-Ize likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

the screen display is 5.5x5.5cm, the bottom bar is .8cm, the top bar where it says compose is .7, and the very top bar with the battery/time etc is .3cm

So it really doesn't take up half the screen, at most, 1/3, including the very top bar which I don't think should be removed.

That being said, they could definitely auto hide the top compose part when you're typing.

for the dial-er screen, I don't experience the same issue it shows my top contacts full display picture.
    Q10
    Leak 10.3.0.1154
    Dim-Ize likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by FCSC View Post
    the screen display is 5.5x5.5cm, the bottom bar is .8cm, the top bar where it says compose is .7, and the very top bar with the battery/time etc is .3cm

So it really doesn't take up half the screen, at most, 1/3, including the very top bar which I don't think should be removed.

That being said, they could definitely auto hide the top compose part when you're typing.

for the dial-er screen, I don't experience the same issue it shows my top contacts full display picture.
    Imagine that the "compose" bar had the three dots that the lower right corner has that expanded a menu for example.

As far as your experience with the dialer screen, I'm glad you don't have that. I think it is that I have hundreds of contact pictures that the OS imported from my LinkedIn contact screens so the images must be differently scaled than if you snap a picture an add it manually. I like the pictures there, but I don't like how it displays on 90% of my calls.

Not a show stopper either way. Those were just two examples of many that I am suggesting could be optimized for the Q as opposed to form fitting a Z too. That's all I intended on my thread.
    FCSC likes this.