I just got a Q10 and have a few questions to get myself adjusted. Aside from confirming some suspicions or learning new tricks I am liking the device so far. 10.1 MR

-How do I stop the device password from having visible entry?
    -What is the fastest way to invoke the Hub after unlocking the device? Hoping for some tricks, as I am finding out there is no option to set the keyboard to shortcuts on the home screen like M.
    -Is there a BBOS equivalent of Device and Status Information AND Service Status hidden like BBDA is?
    -What do I download in place of BlackBerry News?
    08-30-13 04:58 PM
    I just got a Q10 and have a few questions to get myself adjusted. Aside from confirming some suspicions or learning new tricks I am liking the device so far. 10.1 MR

-How do I stop the device password from having visible entry?
    -What is the fastest way to invoke the Hub after unlocking the device? Hoping for some tricks, as I am finding out there is no option to set the keyboard to shortcuts on the home screen like M.
    -Is there a BBOS equivalent of Device and Status Information AND Service Status hidden like BBDA is?
    -What do I download in place of BlackBerry News?
    1. It's always hidden, so don't know what your talking about (don't hit the "eye")
    2. Swipe up and to the right, or swipe right, or tap the hub icon on the bottom of the screen between the camera and phone icons
    3. Settings - About
    4. Tons of different apps to provide with this ability.
    flyingsolid likes this.
    08-30-13 05:02 PM
    1. It's always hidden, so don't know what your talking about (don't hit the "eye")
    2. Swipe up and to the right, or swipe right, or tap the hub icon on the bottom of the screen between the camera and phone icons
    3. Settings - About
    4. Tons of different apps to provide with this ability.
    Meaning, the last character entered shows for a few seconds before disappearing. I am wondering if I can just have it always *.
    Using the Hub icon on the bottom never occurred to me so thank you for that.
    Edit: Settings - About is not exactly what I am looking for in this case.
    As for BBNews, I will begin my search
    Last edited by mrskycar; 08-30-13 at 05:13 PM. Reason: edit
    08-30-13 05:07 PM
    Meaning, the last character entered shows for a few seconds before disappearing. I am wondering if I can just have it always *.
    Using the Hub icon on the bottom never occurred to me so thank you for that.
    Edit: Settings - About is not exactly what I am looking for in this case.
    As for BBNews, I will begin my search
    Password is like that so you know what your typing

You know you can change the about screen to things like network, sim, etc right?

Posted Via Q10 running 10.2.0.xxxx | BerryLeaks Co-founder
    08-30-13 05:36 PM
    Password is like that so you know what your typing

You know you can change the about screen to things like network, sim, etc right?

Posted Via Q10 running 10.2.0.xxxx | BerryLeaks Co-founder
    In that case maybe its just me not adjusting to the new presentation. Lots of changes from the old devices way that I will need to remember.

Posted via Q10
    08-30-13 06:00 PM
    I have yet to find an app that is exactly like what BlackBerry News was (simple, quick list of all my feeds with read/unread status). What I ended up doing was I created a new email address just for news feeds, signed up for Blogtrottr, then added that email account to the BlackBerry with it hidden from the Hub (open Hub, overflow menu, Settings, Hub Management). Add your feeds to Blogtrotter and it will email you when new entries are added. The emails now replicate what "All Unread" did in BlackBerry News.
    flyingsolid likes this.
    08-31-13 09:34 PM
    Taptu may be the one.

Posted via CB10
    flyingsolid likes this.
    09-01-13 08:37 AM