First off - I am new to this forum so please go easy. I have read a lot of the threads and whilst I have not read about any of the below yet I have not read every single post in every single thread.

So, here's the list of gripes/bugs:

1. When writing a message, if I use the magnifying glass to edit then after that the delete/backspace key is very touch and go. I have to press down HARD to make it work. Not a hardware issue as works fine elsewhere.

2. When filing emails I am impressed it seems to follow the same intelligent prediction as to where they should be filed but to select the file you have to get the touch just right. A quick poke with a finger doesn't do it - weirdly it only works if I use my left thumb at a certain angle holding for a good half second. Sometimes it takes 3 or 4 touches to get right and I know it's receiving the touch as the blue block highlights each time but doesn't file. If the folder is highlighted when you go to file you can't just hit return to confirm that's the right place.

3. After filing a mail, you go back to your inbox and have to select a mail to then file. There is not one automatically highlighted.

4. You can not vary the vibration length. I used this feature to differentiate between emails/bbm/sms. The apps that say they can do it don't - the one I got (hub++) is not quite the solution. When I send a bbm it vibrates when sent and vibrates when read - I just want it to vibrate when received.

5. I went from a 9900 to a 9360 because of the one line option of listing emails so I could see my mails per page. It seems as blackberries get more advanced you can see less and less mails??! I can only see 4-5 per page and when I put my large-ish thumb on the screen to scroll it obscured a fair amount. Please bring back one line viewing and remove the top and bottom banners or make them smaller - a third of the screen space is taken up by them!

A few other tiny things which I think I will overcome with time (highlighting text for example) or will hopefully be fixed (the awful twitter app and the one button dialing - no, the fast dial on the phone app is not as good). I miss the immediacy of having it hooked up to BBCS and having to use active sync - just not as quick.

That said - it's pretty impressive!! Further mac integration would be nice but I am a realist and don't see this happening any time soon. There should be an option to not have the 'active' window at all - just close apps in the background when they need to be would suit me.

Typing this post on my Q10 is a breeze and I don't see it being a problem them shifting a bucket load but they need to sort out the email 'app'! I use my BlackBerry 99% for email and need to see more per page and have faultless and rapid filing. They are not there yet...
    05-04-13 01:38 PM
    4. You can not vary the vibration length. I used this feature to differentiate between emails/bbm/sms. The apps that say they can do it don't - the one I got (hub++) is not quite the solution. When I send a bbm it vibrates when sent and vibrates when read - I just want it to vibrate when received.

Re: "vibration length" there are other notification enhancement apps that allow you to customize the vibration. (ie "Color LED Message" I believe is one of them) I use Hub++ because on balance I like its features better and I don't care about vibration details.

Re: the "sent and received" BBM thing, that may be a Blackberry 10 API issue, ie nothing may be possible to do about it at present.

I miss the immediacy of having it hooked up to BBCS and having to use active sync - just not as quick.

Many people get email notifications "immediately" on Blackberry 10 devices, if you are not it's fairly likely it is not the device's fault. If there is some other aspect of "not as quick" you are referring-to, please clarify.

Further mac integration would be nice

What sort of integration are you referring-to?

There should be an option to not have the 'active' window at all - just close apps in the background when they need to be would suit me.

In what context are you referring-to here? "Active Frames" is IMHO a great aspect of the OS. What is missing right now is the ability to run "background apps", such as call blockers and notification tools, etc., that don't require user interaction. That's on the roadmap for the 10.2 OS release.

I agree that there are a variety of enhancements that would be nice to see on the email side, in addition to the features of BB10 that already improve upon their legacy platform.
    05-04-13 02:35 PM
    Re: "vibration length" there are other notification enhancement apps that allow you to customize the vibration. (ie "Color LED Message" I believe is one of them) I use Hub++ because on balance I like its features better and I don't care about vibration details.

Re: the "sent and received" BBM thing, that may be a Blackberry 10 API issue, ie nothing may be possible to do about it at present.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Many people get email notifications "immediately" on Blackberry 10 devices, if you are not it's fairly likely it is not the device's fault. If there is some other aspect of "not as quick" you are referring-to, please clarify.

On my 9360, if I was at my desk with mac, ipod and ipad the email would always arrive at BlackBerry first by a half second or so - now I can be replying to a mail on my mac before it reaches my BlackBerry.

What sort of integration are you referring-to?

Print to go - and remote desktop for blackberry.

In what context are you referring-to here? "Active Frames" is IMHO a great aspect of the OS. What is missing right now is the ability to run "background apps", such as call blockers and notification tools, etc., that don't require user interaction. That's on the roadmap for the 10.2 OS release.

If I want to go from browser, say, to weather, I have to swipe up and then left and then select weather if it isn't one of my recent apps. I'd sooner go back to my first full page of apps as I usually go around quite a few apps, not just the 4 displayed (I know I can scroll for more but this is more work again). Tiny details, but all add up to more time spent.

I agree that there are a variety of enhancements that would be nice to see on the email side, in addition to the features of BB10 that already improve upon their legacy platform.
    Thanks for your reply to my post and good to be active on a forum I have so often dipped in to!
    05-04-13 02:55 PM
    Obviously I haven't worked out the knack of posting out of the quoted area yet!
    05-04-13 02:57 PM
    Obviously I haven't worked out the knack of posting out of the quoted area yet!
    The quoted text is offset by a start tag that looks like this, but with "square" instead of "triangle" brackets:

<QUOTE=sb_man;8425604>

That shows the poster's username and the post/comment number

At the end of the quoted text, you will see the following end tag (with square brackets):

</QUOTE>

Just remember to post your text somewhere after the "end tag", and it will be fine.

You can also quote multiple portions of the original message and respond to each individually (as per my first comment here) but I haven't figured out how to use the "multi-quote" function to do that (if it does in fact do that), so I do it all manually, which is a lot of work.
    05-04-13 03:23 PM
    Re: the time differential between when you get email notifications - are you seriously trying to say that .5 to 1 second differentials between email notifications are important? Really?

Because there are many many different factors that can affect such things, including various sorts of delays endemic to the email transfer mechanisms involved which are out of the device's control.

Re: print to go and remote desktop - are you saying that you wish for a way to print from the device and a way to connect to your Mac's desktop? Because the printing issue doesn't necessarily have to be tied to what sort of desktop computer you have at home (especially if the printer is network or WiFi connected, or if it is network shared by a computer), and there are ways to connect to a Mac from a BB10 device. (Ex: the remote desktop thing for OS X uses the VNC protocol, and there are VNC clients available for BB10)

Re: switching between apps, opinions vary on that. With a good native BB10 weather app, for example, the active frame will display current conditions so in many cases there's no reason to open the app itself.

There are some shortcut things on the legacy Blackberry OS that were certainly handy and sped things up, and I don't know how feasible it is to get that sort of identical functionality on BB10, but the keyboard shortcuts that are implemented specifically for the Q10 certainly help. If you haven't seen them:

BlackBerry Q10 Keyboard Shortcuts Complete List - N4BB
    05-04-13 03:32 PM
    BTW, looks like there are at least 2 3rd-party apps available now that claim to give remote access to a Mac desktop:

BlackBerry World - RDM+ Remote Desktop for BlackBerry 10

BlackBerry World - Splashtop Remote Desktop HD

Splashtop doesn't claim Q10 compatibility yet, however.
    05-04-13 06:30 PM
    Thanks for the responses - appreciated!

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 01:52 AM
    Would like to get some help reducing the delay in receiving rogers yahoo emails on my q10. I receive email instantly with my other account that is exchange based. With rogers yahoo its generally up to 5 minutes or if I refresh sooner. Can the 5 minutes setting on the q10 be reduced? Is this an issue that BlackBerry is working on (reduce the setting to 1 minute, for example? )

I also noted that the 30 days limit on emails does not apply to my exchange email, which is great since I rarely go to my desktop for email management. Pretty much depend on the BB for all incoming and sent email.

Finally, I like the ability to file emails on the 10. Amazing. But I can't file sent emails which would then force me to do email clean-up on the desktop. Any help here?

Thanks
    05-13-13 08:19 PM
    I'm experiencing adding numbers from the hub and it adds it to existing contact numerous times. Has become irritating.

Q10 typed and approved
    05-13-13 08:24 PM
    Would like to get some help reducing the delay in receiving rogers yahoo emails on my q10. I receive email instantly with my other account that is exchange based. With rogers yahoo its generally up to 5 minutes or if I refresh sooner. Can the 5 minutes setting on the q10 be reduced? Is this an issue that BlackBerry is working on (reduce the setting to 1 minute, for example? )

Yahoo uses a proprietary "push" system on their webmail that is only supported natively in a smartphone these days by Apple. If you're using one of the Yahoo accounts that is using POP3 as the mail protocol (ie without "push" capability), the minimum new mail poll time on Blackberry 10 is 15 minutes for battery-life reasons. There are some utilities out there (ie from toysoft.ca) that can reduce the email checking/polling time to as often once per minute, but that will have a significant impact on your battery life at those sorts of poll rates.

I also noted that the 30 days limit on emails does not apply to my exchange email

That limit was removed in the version of the OS that ships with the Q10. (For email accounts using Exchange ActiveSync or EAS protocol only. IMAP accounts are supposed to maintain up to 90 days of history, not sure if that change made it into the shipping version of the OS on the Q10, if not it will be updated shortly.)

Finally, I like the ability to file emails on the 10. Amazing. But I can't file sent emails which would then force me to do email clean-up on the desktop. Any help here?

Any message that is visible in an EAS-connected account should be "fileable" to any other visible (synced) folder, though sent messages are a special case because they often go into "special" folders in a syncing email account, and may in some cases be stored locally on the device. There may be a way to change how the device handles that, I can't find the document I thought existed on that right now though.
    05-13-13 10:36 PM
    Thank you for the informative replies. Looking forward to more info on filing sent messages if you have that. By the way, my version of the Q10

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 11:14 PM
    My Q10 version is storing emails for 30 days at a time for my rogers/yahoo account.
    Thanks again for the help.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 11:16 PM
    First off - I am new to this forum so please go easy. I have read a lot of the threads and whilst I have not read about any of the below yet I have not read every single post in every single thread.

So, here's the list of gripes/bugs:

1. When writing a message, if I use the magnifying glass to edit then after that the delete/backspace key is very touch and go. I have to press down HARD to make it work. Not a hardware issue as works fine elsewhere.

2. When filing emails I am impressed it seems to follow the same intelligent prediction as to where they should be filed but to select the file you have to get the touch just right. A quick poke with a finger doesn't do it - weirdly it only works if I use my left thumb at a certain angle holding for a good half second. Sometimes it takes 3 or 4 touches to get right and I know it's receiving the touch as the blue block highlights each time but doesn't file. If the folder is highlighted when you go to file you can't just hit return to confirm that's the right place.

3. After filing a mail, you go back to your inbox and have to select a mail to then file. There is not one automatically highlighted.

5. I went from a 9900 to a 9360 because of the one line option of listing emails so I could see my mails per page. It seems as blackberries get more advanced you can see less and less mails??! I can only see 4-5 per page and when I put my large-ish thumb on the screen to scroll it obscured a fair amount. Please bring back one line viewing and remove the top and bottom banners or make them smaller - a third of the screen space is taken up by them!

A few other tiny things which I think I will overcome with time (highlighting text for example) or will hopefully be fixed (the awful twitter app and the one button dialing - no, the fast dial on the phone app is not as good). I miss the immediacy of having it hooked up to BBCS and having to use active sync - just not as quick.

That said - it's pretty impressive!! Further mac integration would be nice but I am a realist and don't see this happening any time soon. There should be an option to not have the 'active' window at all - just close apps in the background when they need to be would suit me.

Typing this post on my Q10 is a breeze and I don't see it being a problem them shifting a bucket load but they need to sort out the email 'app'! I use my BlackBerry 99% for email and need to see more per page and have faultless and rapid filing. They are not there yet...
    08-24-13 10:34 AM
    How do you file SENT messages from the Hub? I can easily file received messages from my Inbox....but don't see that option for sent messages?
    08-24-13 10:35 AM