I installed the leaked 10.2 and I love all the added new features but for some reason my facebook will not sync with the hub? I have to open the fb app so see notifications. I tried the logout/ login ; refresh hub; swipe down 4 times from top right corner in hub to reboot hub; and reboot the device itself... with NO luck!! Can anyone help? FYI email twitter text msgs etc etc all seem to be syncing fine except facebook. Which happens to be the one I would use the most.... if I could. please help!

Posted Via CB10 on my Q10
    08-28-13 02:23 AM
    Delete the Facebook account from the hub entirely and then connect it again.
    08-28-13 03:04 AM
    Delete the Facebook account from the hub entirely and then connect it again.
    Last time I tried that, Facebook disappeared from my hub, I couldn't even log onto the app and had to reload my backup.

I would first try logging out, reboot, log back in.

Posted via Zeppelin or Quincy!
    08-28-13 03:54 AM
    Last time I tried that, Facebook disappeared from my hub, I couldn't even log onto the app and had to reload my backup.

I would first try logging out, reboot, log back in.

Posted via Zeppelin or Quincy!
    Actually? That's horrible.

Then my next suggestion is, uninstall the FB app, reboot then install the FB app. Then you can fill out your stuff again.
    08-28-13 05:35 AM
    you are absolutely right. an upgrade to 10.2 any leak disables FB hub notifications and there appears to be no way to enable it.

if you go to accounts under settings and choose Facebook, you will see that notifications is disabled and cannot be turned back on.

app reinstall will not work nor will a hard reset.

I don't know why this is but so far I have found no solution.

Posted via CB10
    mwdugas likes this.
    08-28-13 05:46 AM
    ^that's a common problem.

Make a separate thread about that since it's not part of OPs issue and someone should be able to assist you faster.
    08-28-13 05:54 AM
    Completely off of the 10.2 topic, but am I not seeing facebook new inbox messages and "notifications" because I've removed Facebook from my hub? 10.1...

Or, is the FB app and BB Notifications still the issue? Just making sure I didn't miss something...
    08-28-13 08:57 AM
    it's exactly the problem the OP is experiencing.

and don't boss me around

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 05:07 PM
    it's exactly the problem the OP is experiencing.

and don't boss me around

Posted via CB10
    Whoa, why are you being defensive lol, I was saying to make a separate thread so you could be assisted individually.

The OPs issue is that his **** isn't syncing correctly (he hasn't even replied to the thread), yours is that push notifications are disabled.

Stop being so sensitive.
    08-28-13 05:55 PM
    I'm just messin with ya lol sarcasm doesn't ooze through very well

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 05:58 AM
    ...and stop telling me what to do LOL

Posted via CB10
    Djlatino likes this.
    08-29-13 05:59 AM
    Thanks for th help. I did notice the same thing in the account settings. Guess it's a waiting game for the official release. I'll tough it out. Restoring seems like too much work at the moment

08-29-13 08:54 PM
    im having same issue here... not seeing any notification in my hub about facebook... i have to open facebook to check if i have messages etc
    08-30-13 08:21 AM
    im having same issue here... not seeing any notification in my hub about facebook... i have to open facebook to check if i have messages etc
    Ya. It's a waiting game for either the official release or an updated leak that fixes the issue

08-31-13 03:33 PM
    I have had the BB Q10 for not even 24 hrs and am just 1 hr away from returning it simply because of the Facebook. I have been searching forums all over the internet and have exhausted all solutions and still no fix.

Here's the issue.
    1. FB friends names and pix appearing in contacts
    2. FB friends appearing in the "To" dropdown within SMS/MMS\
    3. FB friends are appearing in search results

What I have done:
    1. Uninstalled App. Reinstalled. Upon setting up account, turned "off" all options (Find Friends, Notifications, etc.). Unselected FB in the Hub. Unselected "applications" from Search settings. Friends still appear in search and SMS

2. Hard reset of phone. Did not import contacts from SIM this time (figured maybe that was the issue). Set up FB acct and turned off all options in step #1. Friends still appear in search (sans pix) and search. When I start typing a letter, let's say "L" all friends with that last name appear and beneath the name it says "Contacts" however how can this be if there are NO contacts listed in the Contacts App???!!! Mind you, i have installed NOTHING else on the phone. No texts, no phone numbers saved, nothing.

3. After seeing that they still appear in SMS and Search, I log out of FB and BAM that fixed the problem. However this is unacceptable.

This means that FB can not run in the background as intended, rather you would have to log out each and every time you check FB. The problem is clearly with the FB app on BB and it automatically installing all friends to your contacts >how is this if they don't appear in the contacts app? No clue. This is a problem for me because I don't talk to my 425 friends on a daily basis and therefore do not want them to appear in my SMS and Search drop downs.

Is this a straight up bug or is there a step I am missing? This is a def deal breaker. As much as I NEED the physical keyboard this screw up is enough reason to give up on BB.
    09-19-13 01:40 PM
    I have had the BB Q10 for not even 24 hrs and am just 1 hr away from returning it simply because of the Facebook. I have been searching forums all over the internet and have exhausted all solutions and still no fix.

Here's the issue.
    1. FB friends names and pix appearing in contacts
    2. FB friends appearing in the "To" dropdown within SMS/MMS\
    3. FB friends are appearing in search results

What I have done:
    1. Uninstalled App. Reinstalled. Upon setting up account, turned "off" all options (Find Friends, Notifications, etc.). Unselected FB in the Hub. Unselected "applications" from Search settings. Friends still appear in search and SMS

2. Hard reset of phone. Did not import contacts from SIM this time (figured maybe that was the issue). Set up FB acct and turned off all options in step #1. Friends still appear in search (sans pix) and search. When I start typing a letter, let's say "L" all friends with that last name appear and beneath the name it says "Contacts" however how can this be if there are NO contacts listed in the Contacts App???!!! Mind you, i have installed NOTHING else on the phone. No texts, no phone numbers saved, nothing.

3. After seeing that they still appear in SMS and Search, I log out of FB and BAM that fixed the problem. However this is unacceptable.

This means that FB can not run in the background as intended, rather you would have to log out each and every time you check FB. The problem is clearly with the FB app on BB and it automatically installing all friends to your contacts >how is this if they don't appear in the contacts app? No clue. This is a problem for me because I don't talk to my 425 friends on a daily basis and therefore do not want them to appear in my SMS and Search drop downs.

Is this a straight up bug or is there a step I am missing? This is a def deal breaker. As much as I NEED the physical keyboard this screw up is enough reason to give up on BB.
    09-19-13 01:40 PM
    Abit off topic but how do you change the settings as to when Facebook keeps checking for updates etc. iv searched a bunch of places in settings on my Z10 but can not find it.

Reason I ask is that my battery is draining soooo fast. So thinking I can change some of these update settings.

Thx.
    10-28-13 10:44 AM