I selected not to put Facebook, Twitter, and Linked In contacts in my contacts.

But every time I try to text or call someone their names pop up! If I want to text my wife I have to scroll down through 5 other Facebook contacts with the same first name!

How can I make it stop doing that?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 10:35 AM
    I selected not to put Facebook, Twitter, and Linked In contacts in my contacts.

But every time I try to text or call someone their names pop up! If I want to text my wife I have to scroll down through 5 other Facebook contacts with the same first name!

How can I make it stop doing that?

Posted via CB10
    One option is to look for a woman/wife with a different and rare first name.... :-) But it seems to be easier to change your settings (at your device)... Go into your contacts and open the menu (swipe down from above). Go to settings and switch off all the accounts you wont to see in your contact list... After this "clearing" go into the hub and open teh menu (three points "more"), go to settings, hub-management and switch all the accounts off you wont to see in your hub...
    John Fondren likes this.
    03-16-14 12:03 PM
    You misread that option when setting up your social accounts. "Find Friends" does not mean "add Social contacts to Contacts app", it means "scan my current contacts for new Social invite suggestions". There is no option to disable Contact sync when setting up these accounts.
    ...I selected not to put Facebook, Twitter, and Linked In contacts in my contacts...
    All you can do, as suggested above is disable them from view in the Contacts app. But they may still show up when writing a message, not sure about that.
    Or maybe setting the contacts you need as "Favourite" can help?

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    03-16-14 12:14 PM
    I tried every suggestion but it didn't make any difference. Guess that's just how it worked. So I added her as a favorite on top of the phone screen. Works for me!

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 01:12 PM