well i won't rave on about how defrauded i feel as a long time corporate BB user that held out for the q10, but this is the last straw. i'm new to the forum as i always found my answers here by searching but no such luck this time.

I have a POP and 3 IMAP personal accounts on my q10 (BB10.2.1.537) that work well enough (apart from the now 'normal' syncing bugs when changing from wifi between mobile data service that i begrudgingly live with), but my work microsoft exchange email account now has mayor issues (only a few months after teh 10.2 update, april 2014 here in Peru).

The work email works fine for a while, then out of the blue, usually on weekends (but not always), the account disappears from the hub and settings completely, then eventually magically reappears (between minutes to hours later) to reveal an empty account that displays "no entries in this view" and all calendar items are gone. Then it magically (between minutes to days later) comes to life and it starts downloading the gigabytes of all my account emails and calendar events (which drains my data services allotment if i don't notice and am not on wifi at the time).

had the phone for 9 months. Its happened 8 times now in the last 7 weeks, no pattern. The first few times I thought it was a password issue and tried the normal power off and recovery measures, but nothing ever worked and the last 3 times I've just let it do it's thing and it all just magically comes back to life as described above but with different time-frames.

IT has no clue, i'm the only BB10 user in the company and they couldn't give me any help or suggestions. worst thing is i resisted against a new iphone for years and went against the grain and had to jump through hoops to get me a q10 after holding onto my bold for many years. i now feel like an *****, and whilst i still won't go down the iPoo road, i'll be frowned upon if i try to jump through hoops again to be the only one in the company with an android so soon after getting the dud q10.

any suggestions to make my life easier in the meantime?

cheers,
    07-06-14 04:06 PM
    well i won't rave on about how defrauded i feel as a long time corporate BB user that held out for the q10, but this is the last straw. i'm new to the forum as i always found my answers here by searching but no such luck this time.

I have a POP and 3 IMAP personal accounts on my q10 (BB10.2.1.537) that work well enough (apart from the now 'normal' syncing bugs when changing from wifi between mobile data service that i begrudgingly live with), but my work microsoft exchange email account now has mayor issues (only a few months after teh 10.2 update, april 2014 here in Peru).

The work email works fine for a while, then out of the blue, usually on weekends (but not always), the account disappears from the hub and settings completely, then eventually magically reappears (between minutes to hours later) to reveal an empty account that displays "no entries in this view" and all calendar items are gone. Then it magically (between minutes to days later) comes to life and it starts downloading the gigabytes of all my account emails and calendar events (which drains my data services allotment if i don't notice and am not on wifi at the time).

had the phone for 9 months. Its happened 8 times now in the last 7 weeks, no pattern. The first few times I thought it was a password issue and tried the normal power off and recovery measures, but nothing ever worked and the last 3 times I've just let it do it's thing and it all just magically comes back to life as described above but with different time-frames.

IT has no clue, i'm the only BB10 user in the company and they couldn't give me any help or suggestions. worst thing is i resisted against a new iphone for years and went against the grain and had to jump through hoops to get me a q10 after holding onto my bold for many years. i now feel like an *****, and whilst i still won't go down the iPoo road, i'll be frowned upon if i try to jump through hoops again to be the only one in the company with an android so soon after getting the dud q10.

any suggestions to make my life easier in the meantime?

cheers,
    Update your phones OS. With the recent OS update from BBRY and the carriers the BB10 devices now keep work and person email completely separate, you have to switch between the balance work and personal modes.
    07-07-14 11:55 AM
    It's up to date where I am. I would love to have the balance separation but I don't know if that would help the obvious email bugs crawling all over this phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 01:15 AM