I don't know about you guys/gals but my requirements for a phone were an awesome keyboard, track pad, and right up there with those is real functional call and end buttons. I just like to know that I have hung up on someone when I feel the button being pressed. Something along the lines of needing the tactile feel of a real keyboard, well it is the same for me for real buttons. I can't tell you how many times I have had to "press" the glass on my wife's android over and over to call or hang up on someone while looking at the screen, waiting for something to happen, never feeling anything happen under my finger. IDK, it was just such a positive click and then I knew what had happened without ever looking at the screen. Anyone else? Gonna miss those buttons. Maybe a full touch device isn't too far off for me after all.
    12-24-12 10:03 AM
    Yes, I am with you. While those hardware buttons aren't a must-have for me (unlike the keyboard), I always like them for being there. For me, a real button is often better than having just virtual buttons on the glass screen.

Even more of a shame IMO is the. Absence of those convenient key(s), there is absolutely no reason to terminate those. I can understand the decission for larger screensize vs. hardware button bar, however the convenience keys aren't in somethings way.
    FantomLightning likes this.
    12-25-12 08:27 AM
    True. Call and End buttons should have been there. I am disappointed that they aren't. I'd still buy N-series but I wish they hadn't omitted those buttons. Speaking of N-series, if the leaked pictures are correct, I am a bit underwhelmed. It looks a lot like BOLD 9900 (which I like) but I was hoping to see some more improvements. That said, I'd still buy it. I like how Bold looks and feels. So, no reason for me to not buy it. But I was just hoping for something even better than BOLD!

I kinda liked TK-Justice design concepts too (Introducing the TK5 Justice... another hot BlackBerry 10 concept! | CrackBerry.com) but note that they also omit call/end buttons.
    12-29-12 01:09 AM
    I don't know if it works the same on the buttons on the devices or not, but maybe pressing and holding the mute button would end a call like it does on a headset's mute button?
    12-29-12 04:14 AM
    I am going to miss the physical buttons and the trackpad, but maybe there will keyboard shortcuts that can be program into the phone to make up for the lack of physical buttons.
    12-31-12 05:55 PM
    I loved all those buttons but I'm ready to say good bye, I'll still have my old bb's as back ups tho
    12-31-12 06:18 PM
    Will def be keeping my 9900 as back up. I'm gonna give the N a chance but if it doesn't work then that only leaves the full touch screen option for me and that means htc one or something of the sort. Sucks. I do not like this contingency plan. I have high hopes for this new BB, it better be a home run. Heck, another option may be to buy 2 or 3 more 9900 and put them in a closet for when mine breaks. Actually, now that I think about it, that may be the best idea yet. I am not disappointed with my 9900 at all, does everything I need it to do. Maybe I just don't need to upgrade at all.
    12-31-12 07:42 PM
    my biggest issue is the placement of end call on the screen. multiple times now, while on calls and attempting to swipe up to go look for information, the phone instead registers that I have clicked end-call and hangs up. sometimes when I see it highlight I grit my teeth and try to drag my finger over and let go somewhere else and hope it doesn't hang up.
    06-27-13 08:42 PM
    "N" series? Do you mean the "Q"

Posted via CB10 on my Rogers LTE MAX Q10 and LTE Z10 in Toronto
    06-27-13 08:58 PM
    "N" series? Do you mean the "Q"

Yep he does. That's what it was called before we heard it's official name

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 09:05 PM
    I missed them and still do sometimes. However, I think the pick up call/ignore call gesture is very cool.

That makes it up for me

Ending a call however was always nice to have a designated end button. Something I've noticed I really needed when my screen didn't wake up when I took it off my face. I couldn't end the call... Hopefully it won't happen to me again.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 09:08 PM
    I had the Z10 since February but before that I had the Bold 9900 so I guess I was used to the no track pad and call and end buttons because of the full touch screen form and then I got the Q10. When I pick up the Z10 my thumb goes to swipe up and when I put up the Q10 my thumb goes right to where the END button was...lol

06-27-13 09:40 PM
    A swipe up is much more efficient than an end button

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 09:41 PM
    I know that. It's just muscle memory lol

06-27-13 09:46 PM
    my biggest issue is the placement of end call on the screen. multiple times now, while on calls and attempting to swipe up to go look for information, the phone instead registers that I have clicked end-call and hangs up. sometimes when I see it highlight I grit my teeth and try to drag my finger over and let go somewhere else and hope it doesn't hang up.
    I have done this multiple times also..

Posted by CB10 from Q10
    06-27-13 10:10 PM
    I am going to miss the physical buttons and the trackpad, but maybe there will keyboard shortcuts that can be program into the phone to make up for the lack of physical buttons.
    If BlackBerry had made the Q10 slighly longer and left that row of hard keys and the track pad, many of the negative comments about the device wouldn't exist. There are a ton of positive features about the device, but the lack of that row, and related shortcuts, is definitely hindering productivity.

Posted by CB10 from Q10
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    06-27-13 10:14 PM
    all I can say my 1st thoughts too.. but got use to it.. if you like blackberry you will love the Q10
    06-28-13 12:50 AM
    Wish the buttons were there to. Especially miss the track pad.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 12:56 AM
    I don't miss the trackpad. Nor the back or BlackBerry keys. The combination of the touchscreen gestures and on screen offerings works well.
    06-28-13 01:27 AM
    Only button I truly miss is the end button. Copy and paste with the touch is pretty solid for me along with answering calls is easy.

I did someone the idea someone had of pressing and holding mute to end the call (physical key on side). I find myself just looking at the phone to end call now istead of muscle memory for that button and tossing it in pocket right away. Not the end of the world to me considering all the great things on the phone.

Posted via my Q10 using CB10
    06-28-13 01:29 AM
    I do find myself missing the entire panel. Well, not so much the answer button. Copy and paste is still taking some getting use to without a trackball/trackpad. It is taking some time remembering that I can get to particular menus by swiping. The same with moving backwards within apps.

However, interestingly enough, as much as I miss the buttons, I find that the gestures are becoming second nature. I tried swiping up on my iPhone 5 to get to the homescreen. #FAIL

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 08:48 AM