Sometimes my battery, on 3G, would last up to 12 hrs, sometimes just 7 hrs and it's dead. I'm a moderate caller, lots of emails/SMS/BBM, occasional checks w/ Facebook, that's it. No games or musics.

On 4G, it won't even last overnight at stand-by after getting a 100% before bed. Though last time it was amazing since more than half of the batt remained.

There are even those annoying days wherein it would just drain ultra fast (on 3G only), even though reception is perfectly good. Give it 3 hrs.

Is this a sign of a battery waiting for a replacement? Or perhaps something that 10.3 could work on?

My Q10 is few months short of its 2nd year.

Posted via BB Q10
    12-19-14 07:54 PM
    For the price of a battery, i'd replace it.

Posted via CB10
    juntibi likes this.
    12-19-14 08:14 PM
    Start by sharing screenshots of your Device Monitor, the Battery tab first : Settings > App Manager > Device Monitor, graph + one screen under, on the last 24h.
    When you're battery drained a lot, check the CPU tab with the Current setting.

You have obviously an app than eat your battery for breakfast by going repeatedly to the network.
    12-19-14 08:31 PM
    I had my Q10 battery drain within 4-6 hours without much device use. Device monitor showed the culprit was BBM, but the battery drain stopped after a couple of days. Since then I've updated the OS once as well as BBM a couple of times.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 10:45 PM
    Erratic battery performance-img_20140823_074025.png

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 10:50 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140823_074025.png 
Views:	1230 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	321958

Posted via CB10
    Happens to me also. Battery could get drained in very few hours w/o any heavy use.

Posted via BB Q10
    12-19-14 11:11 PM
    BBM is eating 86% of your battery. Have you updated your BBM yet?

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    12-19-14 11:15 PM
    I think there is a thread in the BB10 OS subforum confirming about BBM draining battery fast. You should go check it out.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 05:03 AM
    Juntibi, share your Device Monitor screenshots. We'll know immediately if it's the BBM issues.

And yes, there was a notified bug where the BBM shop try to contact an URL repeatedly without success because the phone was on Wi-Fi and an Ad-block was running on the router that don't allow a correct DNS retrieval.

But, I doubt, it's your bug, as your issue appear on all networks...
    12-20-14 05:45 AM
    I don't have battery issues any more - the BBM battery drain issue happened in Aug 2014 a couple of times , but it did not persist after that. I had experienced this issue on my home wi-fi network.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 07:49 AM
    Juntibi, share your Device Monitor screenshots. We'll know immediately if it's the BBM issues.

And yes, there was a notified bug where the BBM shop try to contact an URL repeatedly without success because the phone was on Wi-Fi and an Ad-block was running on the router that don't allow a correct DNS retrieval.

But, I doubt, it's your bug, as your issue appear on all networks...
    Im no longer experiencing the BBM issue. Got fixed by one of those latest updates I suppose. But still experiencing the erratic battery life.

Posted via BB Q10
    12-20-14 10:42 AM
    Juntibi , if you are still experiencing erratic battery life - did you check Device Monitor to see which app/apps is using up so much battery?

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 11:28 AM
    Yes, nothing extraordinary in fact. Here are some screenshots:

Erratic battery performance-img_20141221_101802.png

Erratic battery performance-img_20141221_101831.png

Faccebook and the Hub are next in the list.

Posted via BB Q10
    12-20-14 08:20 PM
    It's terrible. Check this thread about battery "management". Start to reset your battery estimated time, and don't charge and use it at the same time at least. I let you read the thread advices.
    By the way, did you activate encryption, activate a cloud storage account sync or update your phone OS in the previous 6 days or so ?
    12-21-14 05:47 AM
    It's terrible. Check this thread about battery "management". Start to reset your battery estimated time, and don't charge and use it at the same time at least. I let you read the thread advices.
    By the way, did you activate encryption, activate a cloud storage account sync or update your phone OS in the previous 6 days or so ?
    I have the latest OS and periodically do all these battery management stuff. I've been using my Q10 for more than a year and I'm pretty much aware of all these tips.

This leads me back to my question: given this, should I start looking for a battery replacement or this is something that 10.3 could fix?

Posted via BB Q10
    12-21-14 11:22 PM
    I have the latest OS and periodically do all these battery management stuff. I've been using my Q10 for more than a year and I'm pretty much aware of all these tips.

This leads me back to my question: given this, should I start looking for a battery replacement or this is something that 10.3 could fix?
    Well, when you charge your device, I don't see a straight line going up. Either you use your device while charging, either the incriminated software runs periodically... Furthermore, be aware, by charging your device too early regularly, you slowly change the battery estimated time left. Wait for the last percents.

Can you tap the System icon and show us your Mobile and Wi-Fi usage graph ?

By the way, as you've already read the above thread, you have test your battery and check for bump or leak. You've also reset the estimated time left and clean the battery connectors, right ? And your Q10 is not prompt to reboot when you put it on a hard surface, right ?

Updating to another OS (the last leak in your case) is not a solution. Your battery can be faulty but the real issue stays often with the user. You will have a better battery state between the 2nd to the 3rd week, before having the same issue again... The first week or so will be harder for your battery as the OS will settle (that's why I asked you if you have done any update recently).

You didn't answer about the encryption part ? Or if you used cloud services, like Box, Dropbox, and so on... ?

Just for info :
    Some Device Monitor samples from my Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.3442
    Attachment 322392
    Attachment 322393
    Last edited by Joshu42; 12-22-14 at 07:25 AM.
    12-22-14 07:15 AM
    Well, when you charge your device, I don't see a straight line going up. Either you use your device while charging, either the incriminated software runs periodically... Furthermore, be aware, by charging your device too early regularly, you slowly change the battery estimated time left. Wait for the last percents.

Can you tap the System icon and show us your Mobile and Wi-Fi usage graph ?

By the way, as you've already read the above thread, you have test your battery and check for bump or leak. You've also reset the estimated time left and clean the battery connectors, right ? And your Q10 is not prompt to reboot when you put it on a hard surface, right ?

Updating to another OS (the last leak in your case) is not a solution. Your battery can be faulty but the real issue stays often with the user. You will have a better battery state between the 2nd to the 3rd week, before having the same issue again... The first week or so will be harder for your battery as the OS will settle (that's why I asked you if you have done any update recently).

You didn't answer about the encryption part ? Or if you used cloud services, like Box, Dropbox, and so on... ?

Just for info :
    Some Device Monitor samples from my Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.3442
    Attachment 322392
    Attachment 322393
    No encryptions, cloud services, and etc. As I mentioned earlier, I'm quite familiar with these things -- dark wallpaper, very low brightness, syncs in manual, everything. No reboot when bumbed, I've done the fix which I know you're familiar as well.

My phone sits idle most of the time when charging. You see bumps in the upward graph since I switch of my data when charging and switch it on from time to time to do emails etc.

No software updates recently as well, I'm familiar with how these affects the battery consumption.

I do appreciate your inputs Josh though I appreciate more if I'll hear non-technical response from fellow Q10 users based on their experiences. Sort of, "yes I experienced that and I bought a new battery and my Q10 rocks like fresh from the box again!"

Posted via BB Q10
    12-22-14 07:41 AM
    Thank you. So did you have a high Mobile or Wi-Fi usage for the System ? Or only CPU ?
    I guess is network related as the bump in the charging graph are from enabling the network.
    12-22-14 08:43 AM
    Anyone else experiencing the same erratic battery performance given regular or normal conditions/usage?

Posted via BB Q10
    12-22-14 12:33 PM
    Anyone else experiencing the same erratic battery performance given regular or normal conditions/usage?
    Sorry Juntibi. If you want I quit this thread. But know that statistics data is not enough given the clues we have here. More info are needed. If you tap System in the battery tab of your Device Monitor, we'll have more insight in this issue.

I would like to have this screen :
    Erratic battery performance-img_20141222_194908.png
    So we can go further in the analysis of your problem. Without enough data, you or we cannot find the true culprit.
    12-22-14 12:51 PM
    Sorry Juntibi. If you want I quit this thread. But know that statistics data is not enough given the clues we have here. More info are needed. If you tap System in the battery tab of your Device Monitor, we'll have more insight in this issue.

I would like to have this screen :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141222_194908.png 
Views:	75 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	322442
    So we can go further in the analysis of your problem. Without enough data, you or we cannot find the true culprit.
    As I've said, I'm not into so much technical stuff. I didn't intend to start this thread to dig deep on these items and so much analysis and whatnot.

I'm simply looking for users who could share their similar experiences, if any.

Posted via BB Q10
    12-22-14 01:12 PM
    I didn't intend to start this thread to dig deep on these items and so much analysis and whatnot.

I'm simply looking for users who could share their similar experiences, if any.
    As there are so many cause available, you can meet someone with the same final issue but not the same cause(s). Pretty easy with the battery. Search the forum

If you want the easy way, Reload your OS (I didn't say Wipe), don't do any restore. If the issue is still there after the "~1 week" to settle the OS. You can be pretty sure the issue is hardware, that's be the connector or your battery.
    12-22-14 02:41 PM
    My issue is always with high PIM. Here's a screenshot.
    Erratic battery performance-img_20141223_083303.png

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 07:34 PM