Web browsing is one area where that extra "screen real estate" makes a huge difference.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 12:41 PM
    Battery life bit is disappointing. CrackBerry made battery seem like it was far and above other smart phones but in reality it's on par with Samsung III which blows.
    04-26-13 12:44 PM
    Battery life bit is disappointing
    when did you get your q10?
    scorepion and frood2012 like this.
    04-26-13 12:51 PM
    The Engadget review left me feeling a little pissed off. They stated somewhere in the video that the Q10 outperformed the Z10 but in the end they basically said they only recommend the Q10 if you absolutely need a physical keyboard. I take all reviews from sites like Engadget, cnet and the likes with a grain of salt. They are all very biased. I come to sites like crackberry, imore and androidcentral to get the opinions from actual users rather than basing an opinion off of someone who had the device for a week. Most of these sites are totally biased towards apple. I do own several apple products but that is because at the time of purchase they were the devices that fit me best. I have an iPhone 4S a MacBook Pro, an iPad mini and an Apple TV. I am due for an upgrade in September and the Q10 will be my next phone, and first BlackBerry. I am a communication guy and the physical keyboard will suit me well. From the experiences most of you crackberry users have had with BlackBerries I trust you guys that BlackBerry will fit me best as of now. I am completely open minded when it comes to technology. I am extremely excite to get a blackberry. I've always wanted one. But something just held me back.
    frood2012 and Sexy Sadie like this.
    04-26-13 01:06 PM
    I have the Z10, but will likely go with the Q10 in the end, because despite my love for this virtual keyboard, I still find myself pining for the physical keyboard. I miss it.

As for the loss of screen real estate, that doesn't bother me. Most of the time I find myself keeping the rotation lock on, and I don't flip the phone on its side very often (except when using an app that forces me to).

JB
    Or taking a picture. I keep rotation lock on all the time but gonna stay with my Zed. I love it!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 02:27 AM
    The Engadget review left me feeling a little pissed off. They stated somewhere in the video that the Q10 outperformed the Z10 but in the end they basically said they only recommend the Q10 if you absolutely need a physical keyboard. I take all reviews from sites like Engadget, cnet and the likes with a grain of salt. They are all very biased. I come to sites like crackberry, imore and androidcentral to get the opinions from actual users rather than basing an opinion off of someone who had the device for a week. Most of these sites are totally biased towards apple. I do own several apple products but that is because at the time of purchase they were the devices that fit me best. I have an iPhone 4S a MacBook Pro, an iPad mini and an Apple TV. I am due for an upgrade in September and the Q10 will be my next phone, and first BlackBerry. I am a communication guy and the physical keyboard will suit me well. From the experiences most of you crackberry users have had with BlackBerries I trust you guys that BlackBerry will fit me best as of now. I am completely open minded when it comes to technology. I am extremely excite to get a blackberry. I've always wanted one. But something just held me back.
    They probably suggest against the Q10 as most people will struggle to justify losing the screen real estate.
    And Engadget's reviews, the Verge's reviews, heck, even BGRs reviews give you more unbiased info on BlackBerry devices than CrackBerry reviews.
    If you read the CrackBerry review you'd think the email problem has been fixed for everyone and the battery life is stunning.
    Both of which are just blatantly untrue.
    04-28-13 03:10 AM
    What email problem?

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 03:49 AM
    What email problem?

Posted via CB10
    30 day limit on emails stored locally.
    Also CrackBerry's review says the new BlackBerry devices will seamlessly set up your email account, whatever type of account it is, Gmail included, most people would agree that's simply not true.
    04-28-13 04:46 AM
    Is there not a way to search for server for emails that aren't stored on the device within the past thirty days?

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 05:01 AM
    Also just a quick thought. With the Q10, surely it will now be possible to enter a new line in SMSs?

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 05:02 AM
    Is there not a way to search for server for emails that aren't stored on the device within the past thirty days?

Posted via CB10
    Not for Gmail free accounts. Which are some of the most widely used accounts on the planet.
    04-28-13 05:08 AM
    And I'm correct in thinking that, this was possible on OS7?

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 06:21 AM
    I was an apple person before myself, but I lost interest in the companys products when they discontinued the 17" Mac Book Pro. it was the best they have ever delivered and they turned their back to it. Unbelivable.
    04-28-13 07:25 AM
    Yep best to come to a fan site to get your reviews!

I myself do like like to read reviews until I have the device in my hands for a few days (if I actually intend to get it based on first impressions)

I like reviews to reinforce my decisions... Not make them for me...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    04-28-13 08:19 AM
    My view on most of these sites has become this: they really don't exercise any editorial control i.e. it's not a focused effort to either praise or criticize anything... they pretty much let the individual reviewers impose their own personal point of view on the overall tone of any reviews.

The downside is that there is no consistency, no quality control, no due diligence on the review process... every time one of these sites, like BGR or Engaget or TechCrunch or C|Net does one of these reviews, there's a sense of dread or anticipation of either a slag or praise.

What's for certain is that we don't EXPECT a fair or respectful review. By respectful, I just mean that a device review should consider the device on its own merits, and consider the target user and best user for a device... so if the Q10 is targetted at those who want an experience OTHER than what Android and iOS offer, comparing it to those platforms is necessary, but shouldn't be the final measure of quality.

Fact is, there's a lot more column-inches of content needed to keep these sites drawing visitors than there is credible, skilled reviewers.

I think I've just convinced myself to never read another tech site review again. What is the point?
    The only technology section that I read is the New York Times. I believe the fellow's name is Pogue and he does a nice job. I though his write up of z10 was thoughtful and placed in proper context. It was clear that he had worked extensively with the device and wasn't just spewing out a host of random comments. I got a similar impression with his Q10 review. I don't pay attention to the rest as they don't seem to understand that the smartphone market is not monolithic or unidimensional.
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    04-28-13 08:33 AM
    yeah i don't get this 'screen real estate' argument either ..... even a 5' on say a Galaxy Note 2 is too small to watch and enjoy a movie properly IMO. media consumption on phone is just crappy at the best of times ... Even my playbook is bordering on too small to watch movies etc but its dam sight better than any phone I've tried.

The keyboard argument is bizarre too I've got a Z10 as my personal phone and i think the Virtual keyboard is terrible, but it is the best I've tried. My business 9900 whips my Z10 for text input. So looking forward to getting the Q10 to replace my 9900
    04-28-13 08:40 AM
    The only problem I see with the Q10 keyboard is that the keys go all the way to the edge of the device, unlike the 9900. I'm thinking this could lead to some cramped thumbs. But I'll be sure to give it a try myself before saying if I find this to be true or not.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 08:50 AM
    The only problem I see with the Q10 keyboard is that the keys go all the way to the edge of the device, unlike the 9900. I'm thinking this could lead to some cramped thumbs. But I'll be sure to give it a try myself before saying if I find this to be true or not.

Posted via CB10
    its gotta be better than a Virtual Keyboard in any case surely
    04-28-13 09:02 AM
    Oh yes, I do totally agree. I was just trying to compare the 9900 keyboard to the Q10's keyboard

I am currently using a Z10 and coming from a 9900 I am frequently making typing errors. The thing I miss the most about the 9900 keyboard is the ability to look at my friends and talk to them while also being able to bang out a perfectly typed message and have no need to look down at the screen.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 09:26 AM
    I include the crackberry as well for sites that are biased. I meant that I come to sites like these to ask the users about their experiences with these devices. If I am really intrigued by a phone I will read the review but I always take it with a grain of salt. If I can't get my hands on the device then I will come to sites like these to ask questions. Yes it's a fan site but I have found that usually the people who are answering my questions are being honest.
    04-28-13 10:29 AM
    I hate to say it, but I did read BGR's review of the Q10 even though all their crap is the most bias stuff i have ever read, they did say that the battery life was very good as did CrackBerry. So idk what these other people are saying and how could it not have stellar battery life with that smaller OLED screen and a 2100 mAh battery. Impossible I say. Regardless of these reviews I will be picking one up whenever VZW releases it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    Hit me up - 32FCEF27
    Yepp.

I think the "Video Test" for Battery Life is not presenting the real life.
    An iphone may get more hours than a 9xxx but, in real life an iphone is not better.

Just look at an old Bold 9700, this device would not even get more than 5hours in Video Playing, but with normal usage you can get more than 3days.

That is the same for the Q10 I think.
    In real life the battery life will be better than other Premium smartphones, I am pretty sure. I wont be at the level of the 97xx but better than the 99xx.

From my point of view, CB used the Device like a every day item. And not for 3 days with intensive testing, including a battery drain test...
    And perhaps is that the reason why CB says it good a nice, decent battery life...
    04-28-13 11:29 AM
71 123