Sorry for your problems OP. I'm not sure why, but that does not happen with my Q10 running 10.2.1047/810. In fact, it never has even with the 10.1 it came with. I have the duration set for 30 days prior to deleting from PHONE (most with Pop3) on the phone, and even when I delete them from the phone, they still remain on the server. imap email accounts allows for the "forever" duration which will keep them forever on the phone.. Actually I wish the old option on the 7.1 BBs of deleting from "device" or "device and mail server" was still available, as I delete them from my phone, but then have to delete them from the server as well. I can't set a shorter period as there are some emails I need to keep. So my guess is that there is something else going on if your phone is deleting them from your server. I'd uninstall the account and reinstall it to see if there was a glitch. When you reinstall your email account, toward the bottom of the set up it asks the "duration of retrieving emails" and the "duration' to leave on the phone/server. Make sure that is set up correctly. Good Luck.
    I will try to delete and readd my email accounts. I only have 2 - Gmail and AOL. Do you recommend settings for those two. I'm not that tech saavy so pop3 and all those terms I'm unfamiliar with. All I know is I have the OS that was loaded on the phone when I bought it a couple months ago from Tmobile and haven't received any updates. The phone used to delete only on phone, in the last month or so it's deleting it from the server.

Thanks for the help!

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 06:18 PM
    Thought I read on your post (older one) that you had Gmail as well as the Pop3 accounts. And, my question is, do you use Outlook 2007 or 2010 as your email client (regardless of your server protocal)? For instance, I like you, use my my name and my domain as my address--ie [email protected] but it comes into my outlook account as well as my ability to use my domain webmail with the same address. The reason I asked is there is a setting on Outlook to save on server which would probably be all you need. Otherwise, there is probably a setting that you can add to "webhero" to keep them forever or until you need to drop them.
    Yes, I have one gmail account. All other are pop3 from Webhero as photo-fix.com. The client I use is Thunderbird. I do not use any Microsoft clients or web mail.

".....I thought to myself....." Yes, we all do that.
    08-15-13 07:23 PM
    I will try to delete and readd my email accounts. I only have 2 - Gmail and AOL. Do you recommend settings for those two. I'm not that tech saavy so pop3 and all those terms I'm unfamiliar with. All I know is I have the OS that was loaded on the phone when I bought it a couple months ago from Tmobile and haven't received any updates. The phone used to delete only on phone, in the last month or so it's deleting it from the server.

Thanks for the help!

Posted via CB10
    I tried that. Didn't work.

08-15-13 07:24 PM
    I use Webhero for host services (pop3) and they push e-mail. I use Thunderbird as my client. As long as my client is running I don't have to query. They come in steadily. I don't use any web clients; hotmail, yahoo, etc. All of my e-mail addresses are on my domain.

POP3 doesn't support push. You're connecting via IMAP. The fact that you're receiving email on multiple clients and that you are getting them pushed instead of query/polling means you're connecting to webhero using IMAP and not in fact POP3.

Here's a quote from webhero's own wiki pertaining to POP3:

Your email program periodically pops in (applies to POP3 not IMAP) and by default deletes your email once downloaded to your computer. For this reason you would not have all email available on multiple computers or in webmail unless you configured your email program to leave a copy of messages on the server.
    Also, Webhero is webmail, it's no different from Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail in that aspect. And thus the only way to get the funcionality you insist on having is to set up both Thunderbird and your Q10 to recieve your email from Webhero via POP3.

But even that won't work as it seems Webhero doesn't have the option to leave a copy of the email on the server, and the Q10 doesn't provide that option either when setting up a POP3 account.

I'm sorry to say that it seems you are out of luck when it comes to your particular situation. Unless you can setup any filters in Webhero to forward a copy of the email to another email for your retrieval permitting you to erase from the forwarded email and retain on forwarding email.
    go1ndr likes this.
    08-15-13 08:19 PM
    POP3 doesn't support push. You're connecting via IMAP. The fact that you're receiving email on multiple clients and that you are getting them pushed instead of query/polling means you're connecting to webhero using IMAP and not in fact POP3.

Here's a quote from webhero's own wiki pertaining to POP3:

Also, Webhero is webmail, it's no different from Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail in that aspect. And thus the only way to get the funcionality you insist on having is to set up both Thunderbird and your Q10 to recieve your email from Webhero via POP3.

But even that won't work as it seems Webhero doesn't have the option to leave a copy of the email on the server, and the Q10 doesn't provide that option either when setting up a POP3 account.

I'm sorry to say that it seems you are out of luck when it comes to your particular situation. Unless you can setup any filters in Webhero to forward a copy of the email to another email for your retrieval permitting you to erase from the forwarded email and retain on forwarding email.
    Z10. I know this was asked by a Q10 owner, although, the Z10 does the same thing, so I considered any solution would work for both devices. I use only Thunderbird as a client on Mountain Lion and Win 7. I never ever lost e-mails from the server till I bought this device. My previous device was a 9900. BTW, thanks for the info from Webhero. I've been looking for months for anything that would help. I can't setup or create filters on the server. There are no options to do such.
    These are the settings I use for four accounts on this server. I have no other e-mail accounts other than one Gmail account. I use only Thunderbird to collect e-mail. Occasionally, I used to actually log into the server page to clean my boxes, but now there are never any messages there.
    Emails being deleted from phone and server?-screen-shot-2013-08-16-8.31.39-am.png

Last edited by kellyjdrummer; 08-16-13 at 08:10 AM.
    08-15-13 08:47 PM
    I tried to create a new folder in the file manager but I can't figure out how to move emails there. Is that the 'folder' you were talking about?

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 11:38 PM
    I created new folder in my email account not my file manager. Under BlackBerry Hub, you have each email or social accounts & each account has file folders (inbox, outbox...). My new folder is called "To be dealt with". Any emails I've read & wish to deal with later from desktop, I move them to this "To be delt with" folder. They are still on your devise as well as server but don't show in your hub unless you actually go & open up that folder. This way, my inbox stays clean.
    08-15-13 11:49 PM
    I tried that as well. Called the folder "Keep." They still disappeared.
    08-16-13 07:09 AM
    Z10. I know this was asked by a Q10 owner, although, the Z10 does the same thing, so I considered any solution would work for both devices. I use only Thunderbird as a client on Mountain Lion and Win 7. I never ever lost e-mails from the server till I bought this device. My previous device was a 9900. BTW, thanks for the info from Webhero. I've been looking for months for anything that would help. I can't setup or create filters on the server. There are no options to do such.
    These are the settings I use for four accounts on this server. I have no other e-mail accounts other than one Gmail account. I use only Thunderbird to collect e-mail. Occasionally, I used to actually log into the server page to clean my boxes, but now there are never any messages there.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-08-16 at 8.31.39 AM.png 
Views:	97 
Size:	122.6 KB 
ID:	192939

That is very ODD, since you have the "Leave messages on Server for" box checked. I'd Uncheck it and save then recheck it and change to forever or the longest period they allow. If that doesn't work, I'd contact support at your email client and ask them why it's not working and how to make it work. It's quite possibly a glitch on their part with regards to your setting on their end--if that makes sense. It should save them currently for 14 days. Weird and I hope you find a solution. Good Luck.
    08-16-13 03:32 PM
    "I'd contact support at your email client....."
    Again, I'm sure you meant server. Contacting Mozilla would be fruitless, I'm sure. I have talked to Webhero (hosting.) There are no solutions from their end. I've tried everything to resolve this. I've removed and reinstalled Thunderbird. Removed/added all accounts, I've changed things till I'm dizzy and no resolution. The thing is that when I took ownership of this Z10 (new from TMo) everything changed. so then, it's either OS 10 or Z10. If I leave my iPad Mini on all day, I always have a backup. As I said, e-mails are pushed to it all day long. If I need to answer any e-mails at a later time in the day, it's always there. So, if I need to attach client specific image addresses on my site (I restore archival images as a home business) for their review, I can forward to my MacBook and finish the work there.

I don't know what else to do. I'm used to doing things much differently and much more efficiently, but that is no longer a part of my routine.

One other thing I have noticed that is confusing. On my Z10, in the hub, many of my e-mails come through showing as already viewed when I have never even opened them. So if I have 50 e-mails showing notification, I could have well over twice that in the hub. SMH.

BTW, my e-mail server and my site server are the same company. My site is registered at enom. Hosted at Webhero.

I use Thunderbird on a Win 7 200gb partition, as well as on a 300gb partion on Mountain Lion. Both OS installations are on a MacBook Pro 500g hdd, 8gb RAM.
    08-16-13 04:31 PM
    I tried that as well. Called the folder "Keep." They still disappeared.
    That's really strange. When I file emails, they disappear from my inbox but always accessible from my "to be dealt with" folder. Are you saying that you can access your "keep" folder but it's empty? From devise or desktop? All filed emails should be there because they are not deleted but only filed, means just moved. If you can access from your devise but not on your desk top, you have to make sure your "keep" folder is marked as "sync" under setting.
    08-17-13 03:31 AM
    That's really strange. When I file emails, they disappear from my inbox but always accessible from my "to be dealt with" folder. Are you saying that you can access your "keep" folder but it's empty? From devise or desktop? All filed emails should be there because they are not deleted but only filed, means just moved. If you can access from your devise but not on your desk top, you have to make sure your "keep" folder is marked as "sync" under setting.
    I hate to admit it, but I just found the sync settings for my device only last night. I'll have to do a bit more experimentation to observe a resolution. I don't know how I could have missed that.
    08-17-13 07:49 AM
    Cool-glad you found it! Hope it all works for you now.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 11:54 AM
38 12