Hi all. Wondering if anyone could help me. Im having a Q10 device and my yahoo email under the hub section doesnt allow me to keep my emails for more than maybe 30days? Each and everyday my emails just went missing in the hub section. I couldnt be able to scroll all the way down for more than a month old email as stated on the date. I didnt have this problem on my bb9900 before. And also im not receiving any facebook notifications at all after I got my Q10. Each time I gotta go into my Facebook app to check in order if I had receive any notifications or not. I did called up blackberrry service centre as well but nothing goes right. And I have checked out all the settings for both my yahoo email account and facebook account properly been set up on my device. Im really bothered by this. Anyone can help? Thanks...
    09-12-13 01:01 PM
    Hi all. Wondering if anyone could help me. Im having a Q10 device and my yahoo email under the hub section doesnt allow me to keep my emails for more than maybe 30days? Each and everyday my emails just went missing in the hub section. I couldnt be able to scroll all the way down for more than a month old email as stated on the date. I didnt have this problem on my bb9900 before. And also im not receiving any facebook notifications at all after I got my Q10. Each time I gotta go into my Facebook app to check in order if I had receive any notifications or not. I did called up blackberrry service centre as well but nothing goes right. And I have checked out all the settings for both my yahoo email account and facebook account properly been set up on my device. Im really bothered by this. Anyone can help? Thanks...
    For Facebook you will need to turn those notifications on in the hub as well: From the Hub tap the three dots on the bottom right corner > settings > Hub management > scroll down to FaceBook and slide to "on".

Im still looking into the email issue for you, though I think that 30 days is the longest they will remain viewable in your general inbox on your phone. Probably would use up too much memory. I'll see what I can find out about it.
    09-12-13 06:23 PM
    I don't have the facebook notification problem but I do have that problem with linkedin.
    The notifications from Linkedin in the hub does not appear until I automatically refresh the hub.
    I do get email notifications though from linkedin right away.
    09-12-13 08:46 PM
    Thanks for the reply! I did turned on my facebook as you stated under the hub section but it wasnt working for me yet still. And before when I was using bb9900 I didn't had the email problem. So initially when I first set up my email on my Q10 device it did asked me to set the number of days that I wish to store my emails for. I set up til 90days. But couple of days later. My emails one by one disappearing til the date of one month before only. Thats it. Been bothering me about this.
    09-12-13 10:00 PM
    Ok. For both of you I need to know what OS you are running. 10.2 will do 90 day sync
    09-12-13 10:42 PM
    Email retention:

IMAP accounts received the forever option in the mid 10.1.0.4xxx builds. The account has to be deleted, set up in the advanced mode choosing the sync option at that time. It can't be adjusted later.

ActiveSync accounts received the forever option in the late 10.1.2xxx builds.
    09-12-13 11:55 PM
    I didn't choose any sort of email type when setting up my @Live account. Do you know what the email retention for that is? And my Linkedin problem is solved. The notification just comes a lot slower on Linkedin.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 05:08 AM
    I didn't choose any sort of email type when setting up my @Live account. Do you know what the email retention for that is? And my Linkedin problem is solved. The notification just comes a lot slower on Linkedin.

Posted via CB10
    Change your sync settings if you want LinkedIn to come in faster.
    09-13-13 06:13 AM
    Email retention:

IMAP accounts received the forever option in the mid 10.1.0.4xxx builds. The account has to be deleted, set up in the advanced mode choosing the sync option at that time. It can't be adjusted later.

ActiveSync accounts received the forever option in the late 10.1.2xxx builds.
    True I found this out late last night. If you need to change these settings you will need to delete account then set up again. As soon as you see "advanced" select it and set for 90 days.
    09-13-13 06:15 AM

Posted via CB10
    @live.com accounts are ActiveSync (EAS). The retention period can be changed at setup or after, by going to Settings > Accounts > your @Live account. Tap "Advanced at the bottom of the page, then scroll way to the bottom. Change the "Sync Timeframe" to suit your needs. If you're syncing a lot of email, you should do so on WiFi if you have a limited data plan.
    09-13-13 06:41 AM
    I did my latest software update which was now 10.1.0.4200 and also I did set up to sync to 90days on phone. But couple of days later emails were missing again on my device. Dont get it why...
    09-13-13 08:27 AM
    I have a different issue, my LinkedIn contacts are no longer showing up in the contacts app. I've deleted and re-added the account (about 3 hours ago) and am still waiting. Notifications come in via the Hub.

Any help and advice is appreciated.

Attachment 201358

Attachment 201359
    09-13-13 11:48 AM
    I have a different issue, my LinkedIn contacts are no longer showing up in the contacts app. I've deleted and re-added the account (about 3 hours ago) and am still waiting. Notifications come in via the Hub.

Any help and advice is appreciated.
    Make sure in contacts settings you have LinkedIn toggles "on". I don't have LinkedIn but you can see what I mean:

email and facebook notifications-img_00000220.png
    09-13-13 12:10 PM
    That's weird. I only get max to sync my emails forever and the 2nd longest is 30 days and not 90.

And I wouldn't recommend syncing forever because the emails are stored on your device's internal memories rather than in your microsd card so it will slow your device down eventually.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 12:22 PM
    Make sure in contacts settings you have LinkedIn toggles "on". I don't have LinkedIn but you can see what I mean:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000220.png 
Views:	124 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	201363
    That was the first thing I checked.
    Anyway, they're all back now, seems it was a combination of the BB10 contacts app being a POS and the LinkedIn servers being a POS.
    09-14-13 09:27 AM
    That's weird. I only get max to sync my emails forever and the 2nd longest is 30 days and not 90.

And I wouldn't recommend syncing forever because the emails are stored on your device's internal memories rather than in your microsd card so it will slow your device down eventually.

Posted via CB10
    You'd suggest 30 days? What about those of us that need access to all our emails on our devices?
    09-14-13 09:28 AM
    That was the first thing I checked.
    Anyway, they're all back now, seems it was a combination of the BB10 contacts app being a POS and the LinkedIn servers being a POS.
    LOL even though I know it's not LOL
    09-14-13 09:30 AM
    LOL even though I know it's not LOL
    Actually, it was LinkedIn, I emailed them and they said some people were experiencing issues on certain smartphones.

Had the toggle been off, then the LinkedIn icon wouldn't have shown in contacts. Check the pics, the LinkedIn icon's lit.
    09-14-13 09:38 AM
    You'd suggest 30 days? What about those of us that need access to all our emails on our devices?
    Then use the browser?

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    09-14-13 10:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    The sync timeframe has to be judged and decided upon by each user -- everyone has different needs and circumstances. And, BB10 devices have a lot of on-device storage, it isn't nearly as much of an issue as with Legacy devices.

Someone who gets a lot of email and keeps every single one could take up more storage space than one who syncs forever, yet is selective about what to keep.
    Someone who stores everything on device instead of an mSD card will have far less space available.

I personally keep forever on all my accounts. In my business account, I have to keep everything -- period. In my personal account, I'm absolutely ruthless about deleting. I have a total of �20,000 emails accessible on my device at the moment. But, I keep no media at all on my device, so I still have approx. 9Gb free space.
    09-14-13 10:47 AM
    The sync timeframe has to be judged and decided upon by each user -- everyone has different needs and circumstances. And, BB10 devices have a lot of on-device storage, it isn't nearly as much of an issue as with Legacy devices.

Someone who gets a lot of email and keeps every single one could take up more storage space than one who syncs forever, yet is selective about what to keep.
    Someone who stores everything on device instead of an mSD card will have far less space available.

I personally keep forever on all my accounts. In my business account, I have to keep everything -- period. In my personal account, I'm absolutely ruthless about deleting. I have a total of �20,000 emails accessible on my device at the moment. But, I keep no media at all on my device, so I still have approx. 9Gb free space.
    I don't keep media on my Q10, have to keep all business emails and only sync selected folders for my personal account. Glad I got Email Archiver.
    09-14-13 11:31 AM