Whenever I forward an email with attachments, it's just attaches a text file, but no attachment. Please can you advise what could be a possible issue.

OS is 10.2.1 and using BIS connected with POP email.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 01:29 AM
    Working fine here on 10.2.1.3175. Just forwarded an email with 2 attachments from my EAS work email to my personal Gmail.

Either a setting on your phone is messed up or you email provider isn't forwarding the attachments perhaps; I can't confirm POP3 though, so maybe it's that.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 03:16 AM
    Whenever I forward an email with attachments, it's just attaches a text file, but no attachment. Please can you advise what could be a possible issue.

Posted via CB10
    Make sure to open and view the attachment before forwarding. Otherwise, it may not download to your device. (you can't forward something that you don't have.)

Posted via CBQ10
    05-11-14 07:15 AM
    Tried all those buy not sure why it's not attaching..so frustrating....

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 01:19 PM
    I'm in the exact same boat!! It's frustrating to say the least as I forward a ton of pdf attachments daily. I have my friend at BlackBerry looking into the solution for me I will get back to you when she let's me know. This was happening on both my Z30 and Q10.

Via my Q10
    05-23-14 06:44 AM
    Make sure to open and view the attachment before forwarding. Otherwise, it may not download to your device. (you can't forward something that you don't have.)

Posted via CBQ10
    Ya I cut back over to my ios devices and you'll never guess what I.... The email client ASKS you if you want to forward the attachments, what a crazy idea. I love how you try to throw it back on the user with that last line.
    05-23-14 07:10 AM
    Ya I cut back over to my ios devices and you'll never guess what I.... The email client ASKS you if you want to forward the attachments, what a crazy idea. I love how you try to throw it back on the user with that last line.
    Actually that was always a good feature of BlackBerry dating back to the legacy devices. Default was not to download attachments. If you want to you must deliberately download it. This was one way BlackBerry kept data use lower than other devices and services.
    If you have not downloaded there is nothing to ask whether you wish to forward...
    A solution would be to have the dialogue pop up, as you forward an email that has an undownloaded attachment, which asks if you wish to download and forward the attachment.

Posted via CBQ10
    05-23-14 08:25 AM
    It's weird because sometimes it will keep the attachment and other times it won't? The only option is to open it and then select share. The only problem with this is it doesn't forward the previous email body. Not sure if it's on the office email provider with a setting?

Via my Q10
    05-23-14 09:11 AM
    I just tried this with both of my email accounts (work EAS and outlook.com), and it worked without issue. Attachments included pictures, pdf's, office files, ect. I tried with some that were downloaded and viewed, and some that were not.
    It could be the email provider or settings that is causing the issue for you guys.

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2273
    05-24-14 10:23 AM
    We're you able to figure out your attachment issue? I'm still having issues. Been on the phone with work service provider they have no clue. The only thing I've come across is this.
    http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

Posted Via my Q10
    05-27-14 10:02 AM
    OK so what ended up being the culprit at my office was the department that was using applemail was causing the email pdf forward issues. It was effecting not only my BlackBerry but iphones and Android devices. Apparently there is known issues with PDF having some type of corrupt data when forwarding pdfs. Hope this helps.

Posted Via my ? Q10 ?
    05-28-14 10:43 AM
    Another update, just an fyi as it is an email issue running applemail. The guys in our art department who are Mac based ended up getting a program called "attachment tamer" it fixed all the known issues with the latest software from apple that is a know problem when sending pdfs.

Posted Via my ? Q10 ?
    05-29-14 12:32 PM
    i had the same issue with the q10.
    are you using gmail? update to the latest os, and it will work.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 05:38 PM
    I still have issues w/ pdf even opening...the blue bar gets to the end and then nothing. And then I can't even forward that particular email either. It just sits on the clock. I talked to BlackBerry a few months ago and they had to reload the software but it is still spotty.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 08:43 PM
    Does anyone know why I am receiving all these random emails with attachments I didn't request?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 08:54 PM
    Does anyone know why I am receiving all these random emails with attachments I didn't request?

Posted via CB10
    Why would anyone here know why you're getting random emails with attachments that you didn't request? Especially since until today you had never posted in this thread at all.

Why don't you ask the person/people sending you the emails in the first place?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 10:47 PM
    I don't reply to unknown email addresses.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 10:53 PM
    Ok, they are being sent to you because they like you.
    05-30-14 06:30 AM
    It's probably a scam I think, but maybe you're right.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 07:51 AM