After reading the posts on this blog about the new Q10 and how folks miss the trackpad, can't get used to the gestures, are going back to their 9900/9930, etc. I found it surprising that the Q10 has been easier to get used to than expected.

I'm coming from a 9900 and have owned the iPhone4, Palm Pre and other BlackBerry devices. I use it primarily for work (lots of emails, meeting planners, Web browsing) checking social updates, news, weather, stocks...not a gamer, don't need a lot of apps.

It's early days so the jury is still out but I have to say the OS is pretty smooth and cool, the browser is fast (and usable v. the 9900 which was horrendous), I don't miss the trackpad as much as I expected (this was my biggest hesitation before buying the Q), the screen is beautiful, the peak feature and the Hub are great, keyboard is awesome, and, most importantly, I don't see any loss in productivity.

To be honest I'm puzzled why folks have returned it for the old Bold so quickly. Maybe, I've transitioned easily because I had the Palm Pre and iPhone4 but I have no plans of sending this back. At least for me, I'll take the better OS, equal (if not better) productivity, better screen, better Web browsing, better keyboard in exchange for some minor things to get used to.

Posted via CB10
    schaghticoke likes this.
    06-22-13 05:21 AM
    I haven't had any issue with the Q10 so far it's been a great experience. As far as the track pad and BlackBerry keys missing that's just people wanting to complain the Q10 is very simple to operate!

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 05:27 AM
    I haven't had any issue with the Q10 so far it's been a great experience. As far as the track pad and BlackBerry keys missing that's just people wanting to complain the Q10 is very simple to operate!

Posted via CB10
    +1..... Very true. One has to take these forum comments -- the overly negatives and the overly positives -- with a grain of salt. People with complaints, while in the minority, are always the loudest. And understandably so. I change phone every 8 weeks or so and I adapt to any of them in a couple hours. I didn't have any trouble using the Q10, Z10, Bold, IP5, Note 2 simultaneously. You just need to pick one up, play with it, and decide for yourself.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 05:57 AM
    I played with the Q for 5 mins,and decided to switch to Q (Been using the Z for 3 months)
    06-22-13 06:08 AM
    After reading the posts on this blog about the new Q10 and how folks miss the trackpad, can't get used to the gestures, are going back to their 9900/9930, etc. I found it surprising that the Q10 has been easier to get used to than expected.

I'm coming from a 9900 and have owned the iPhone4, Palm Pre and other BlackBerry devices. I use it primarily for work (lots of emails, meeting planners, Web browsing) checking social updates, news, weather, stocks...not a gamer, don't need a lot of apps.

It's early days so the jury is still out but I have to say the OS is pretty smooth and cool, the browser is fast (and usable v. the 9900 which was horrendous), I don't miss the trackpad as much as I expected (this was my biggest hesitation before buying the Q), the screen is beautiful, the peak feature and the Hub are great, keyboard is awesome, and, most importantly, I don't see any loss in productivity.

To be honest I'm puzzled why folks have returned it for the old Bold so quickly. Maybe, I've transitioned easily because I had the Palm Pre and iPhone4 but I have no plans of sending this back. At least for me, I'll take the better OS, equal (if not better) productivity, better screen, better Web browsing, better keyboard in exchange for some minor things to get used to.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed I'm the same and the browser was utterly horendous and slow like molasses. It's amazing how fast it is with the LTE coverage as well!

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 06:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    Trying to read all I can about the Q to see if I want to switch from my Z and I can tell you I miss the buttons. One of the biggest problems with the Z is on a phone call I have to hit the area to hang up 3 or 4 times to get it to hang up almost every time. A few times I have looked down after and call and I'm still connected when it should of hung up . Several times I have closed out the phone menu and started doing something else and would get back to the main menu and would look next to the phone icon and wondered what the timer was only to discover my phone was still connected to the last call. With a button you push it once and your call is ended. And just so you know I don't have an screen cover on it so nothing like that is causing the problem. Been with blackberry for 9-10 years and this is the first time in all those years I've been thinking about switching. The keyboard on this Z seems to be getting worse on picking up when and where I'm hitting the display at. Now it could easily be the old OS in it but if ATT doesn't release it how will we know. Guys I love blackberry and have been one of those that talked allot of people into switching over those years but I just don't know this is going to work out for them
    06-26-13 08:06 AM
    I suspect that there are many more senior and/or elderly users of the bold, these are the same people who do not adapt to change very easily, and being more senior/older it is actually quite difficult for them to pick up change (I understand and I am not blaming anyone).

From my brief 20 minutes with the Q10, and being the owner of an i4S, I picked up the gestures so fast, and became so accustomed to them that when I left the store, I actually found myself swiping on my iphone and ipad! It was like I had completely forgot about the "home" button. IMO the gesture based OS is just fluid, it feels natural.

I can see someone who is much older, being used to the trackpad for everything being confused at having to use their finger on the touchscreen, and I suspect that many bold 9900/9930 users don't even use the touchscreen! (correct me if I'm wrong)

When I had the 9930 I loved it, but I'm not going to lie, I loved having both the functionality of the touchscreen, and the trackpad for minute things (such as navigating through text for copy/pasting etc...)
    06-26-13 08:18 AM
    Personally, I highly doubt many people that actually bought a Q10 returned it. Lots of BS on here.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    06-26-13 08:28 AM
    I've had a Curve 8900, Torch 9800, and Bold 9900 (as it says in my device history). I had no issues when I transitioned to this device, but I can still see where some of their complaints were coming from such as not having enough ringtones, trouble with copy and paste, and that Link isn't as good as the Desktop Manager (although I don't think Link is as bad as everyone says). Also, I actually think the little bubble works very well to edit text. On the PlayBook it is horrendous.

I love my Q10!

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 08:50 AM
    I can see what you are saying about age with some thing a people but the fact that I can push on the screen and it not do what it is suppose to do has nothing to do with age it is how the screen works. Or it is how the software is working. I've used an iphone on 2 different times as a second phone and the touch screen on both work perfect. When are doing things mobile it just takes up too much time having to go back and fix typing errors because it didn't get it right. A quick text can take 3 times as long when the screen is not working like it should. If I need to type out several long emails it is about as easy to fire up the laptop and do them there were I would have done them on the 9900. If they fix the OS bugs and get these new devises working like they should they will be okay but right now they need work harder on a fix and less on more phones that are going to be using the same OS.. Now I do see many posting they are not having troubles but I believe most of those are outside the US or using an OS that their carrier didn't put out
    06-26-13 11:25 AM