Hi, After the first replacement of earpiece speaker because of the dust, everything worked goof for about 5 months . I ordered a part from Canada and everything worked great until now. I've tried both speakers to test with cabels from music line directly and just with batery , earpiece works great . Issue is that it does not receive a signal from the motherboard , contact between is good. I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem and how to solve it. thanks in advance Alex (Germany)
    J_Apryono likes this.
    05-04-14 08:08 AM
    Are you sure everything was connected back correctly and nothing was damaged in the process?
    05-05-14 12:15 AM
    Are you sure everything was connected back correctly and nothing was damaged in the process?
    I am sure because I did everything slowly and precisely. Do you have any idea?
    05-05-14 11:12 AM
    anyone ? :-(
    05-07-14 12:42 PM
    The only suggestion is to open her up again and slowly very carefully make sure you connected all the ribbons
    pkcable likes this.
    05-07-14 02:54 PM
    The only suggestion is to open her up again and slowly very carefully make sure you connected all the ribbons
    Yes, I've tried everything slowly and checked if I got together. I opened and tried two more times the same action. everything works except the speaker.
    05-09-14 05:01 AM
    My Q10 have exactly the same issue with the ear speaker, i can't make it work, have been using a bluetooth headset since i got it. I noticed that mine does not have the metal piece on top of it, i'm not sure if this metal piece have some other purpose besides to secure the earpiece in its place

Earpiece (mainboard) speaker problem.-screen-shot-2014-05-10-04.21.02.png
    05-09-14 10:22 PM
    My Q10 have exactly the same issue with the ear speaker, i can't make it work, have been using a bluetooth headset since i got it. I noticed that mine does not have the metal piece on top of it, i'm not sure if this metal piece have some other purpose besides to secure the earpiece in its place
    I think that part is only just for secure .
    Are you replaced the speaker?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-05-10 at 04.21.02.png 
Views:	386 
Size:	364.3 KB 
ID:	269076
    05-10-14 12:03 PM
    yes i already replaced the speaker, i don't know what caused this malfunction in the first place as i bought the phone used on ebay. How did you find yourself with this malfunction? did your earpiece speaker just stopped work from one day to the other?
    05-10-14 08:09 PM
    yes i already replaced the speaker, i don't know what caused this malfunction in the first place as i bought the phone used on ebay. How did you find yourself with this malfunction? did your earpiece speaker just stopped work from one day to the other?
    yes, my speaker stopped working from one day to the other . so that's why I'm looking for advice on what to do. because if I hurt any cable would not work . After replacing the speaker, after a few months it stopped working by itself
    05-11-14 03:00 AM
    the earpiece connects to the mainboard just by touching two pins right? there's no other connector. Do you think the problem may rely on circuits on the headphone jack's component? maybe they are somehow related with each other. It's hard to believe that the problem is on the mainboard because it's well protected inside the device and if this was a bad serie of mainboards we would see more costumers reporting the same problem.

Just to be sure in back of my Q10 there's the following information:

BlackBerry SQN100-3
    Model: RFN8IUW
    Made in Mexico 5

Where is your Q10 manufactured?
    Last edited by JCMM; 05-11-14 at 10:34 AM.
    05-11-14 09:35 AM
    I do not know what to believe but it's a good speaker, I'm sure because I tested. I'll try more to solder two small cable to the output of the mainboard, and if it does not work then it will be something else that is much more serious. Do you have any other ideas? model is the same as what you've got, but I have a QWERTZ keyboard. only model designations RFN81UV.

* BlackBerry SQN100-3
    Model: RFN81UW
    Made in Mexico 5
    05-11-14 01:36 PM
    if someone could test on a full working unit to remove the headphone jack flex cable and confirm by turning on the device if the earpiece speaker still work would be great
    05-11-14 05:26 PM
    that it would be good, but here in Germany, rarely to use BlackBerry smartphones, all is the iPhone freaks
    05-12-14 05:28 AM
    I found this on another forum:
    Hi all, I have found a solution for q10 speaker not working. Remove the Ic and jumper the two points from the right and the two from the left and check the ways to the speaker points. I will post the pic.
    Earpiece (mainboard) speaker problem.-ynsv.jpg
    credits to mazen_al_ahmar
    i'm not really sure what he means but this looks like the two pins on the mainboard that the earpiece connects right?
    Last edited by JCMM; 05-13-14 at 12:21 PM.
    05-12-14 11:01 PM
    can anyone decode what he's saying, i'm not that good at english as some of you noticed in my previous posts
    05-12-14 11:16 PM
    Same problem here BlackBerry SQN100-3. New earpiece and still nothing. Can't find any Solution. Sucks sucks sucks!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 11:53 PM
    Where is your Q10 manufactured? Mexico 5?
    Same problem here BlackBerry SQN100-3. New earpiece and still nothing. Can't find any Solution. Sucks sucks sucks!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 12:03 AM
    I'm not sure. But how do I tell ?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 12:09 AM
    Under the battery is some information about your device, including the place where is manufactured
    I'm not sure. But how do I tell ?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 06:35 AM
    Here's a different angle of that section of the mainboard that includes the 2 pins where the earpiece lays out:
    Earpiece (mainboard) speaker problem.-ynschd.jpg

what exactly is mazen_al_ahmar asking us to do in order to solve this speaker problem?
    Last edited by JCMM; 05-13-14 at 01:54 PM.
    05-13-14 12:26 PM
    Here's a different angle of that section of the mainboard that includes the 2 pins where the earpiece lays out:
    Attachment 270269

what exactly is mazen_al_ahmar asking us to do in order to solve this speaker problem?
    try one more time , i can not see your attachment
    05-13-14 01:09 PM
    I found this on another forum:

i'm not really sure what he means but this looks like the two pins on the mainboard that the earpiece connects right?
    I tried your method, but I can no longer turn on the phone. What have I done now?
    05-13-14 01:52 PM
    I tried your method, but I can no longer turn on the phone. What have I done now?
    What have you done? i don't even know what is mazen_al_ahmar asking us to do, and there is no feedback about the procedure! only 2 users said "thanks" on the original thread on the other forum and none of them wrote about it.
    05-15-14 10:10 AM
    Hey man I'm sorry that only now I write, I could not before. I could not turn on cell after removing those little jumpers or whatever is in the picture. I took the motherboard and warmed with a strong hairdryer, I'm a little more overheated but it worked, I turned on the phone but it still does not work earpiece. Are you able to solve the problem?
    [email protected] likes this.
    06-15-14 02:52 PM
33 12