Hi All -

On my Q10 I am importing my contacts via Gmail. If I look at the list of contacts on the Contact/Address Book icon - they look fine.
    However if I open the Phone icon/app & choose contacts from here - there are a lot of duplicates.

Why are there dupes? Isn't it just referencing the Address Book ?

Thanks
    Rob
    10-07-13 12:26 PM
    do you have any on your sim card?
    10-07-13 01:12 PM
    Don't think so - it was a new phone. How can I check if I have contacts stored on the SIM card?

We did have another Email account setup on there with its own set of contacts, but have since deleted this account off the phone.

Is it worth deleting the GMAIL account, then adding it back on?
    10-07-13 01:18 PM
    If you do a search on here for "contact duplicates", there are a lot of results regarding the contact duplication issue.

This one seems helpful:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=856291

Posted via CB10
    biranty likes this.
    10-07-13 01:39 PM
    Don't think so - it was a new phone. How can I check if I have contacts stored on the SIM card?

We did have another Email account setup on there with its own set of contacts, but have since deleted this account off the phone.

Is it worth deleting the GMAIL account, then adding it back on?
    As this is a new device, I assume you did a device switch using Link? If so, I would wager that your Gmail contacts were migrated to the Local Calendar on your new device. You can check this in a couple of ways. I'd suggest opening the Contacts app, swipe down from the top, open settings. Toggle off all the contact lists shown there, then return to Contacts. (This would also work for checking SIM contacts -- toggle off all but SIM, then check your list.) Any left showing will be from Local Contacts. Alternately, Open Contacts, choose any contact entry you know is duplicated. Open that entry, and tap "Links" at the bottom of the screen. There you will see if the duplicate is in Local Contacts.

If this turns out to be the problem, you can clear the Local Contacts list in one shot. From the home screen, go to Settings > Accounts. Tap on the overflow menu (3 vertical dots at bottom right). Tap "Clear Local Contacts".
    10-07-13 02:16 PM
    Hi All -

No luck so far.
    I've tried to pull the battery/Sim card & deleting the local contacts, even though there didn't seem to be any contacts on the Sim card.
    In fact I've tried to delete off the email accounts that imported the contacts & there still is a set of contacts under "All Contacts" instead of the list of contacts specifically for Gmail, etc.
    10-08-13 10:58 AM
    You need to do what dude said above and delete all the local contacts on the phone

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 04:02 PM