I'm extremely careful with my phones and tablets. I'm overly protective, even. Nothing else ever goes in a pocket with a phone, always sits on a microfiber towel on my desk, etc. Anyway, I've had my Q10 for about a week and I've dropped it like 4 times and it's slipped in my hands several other times. It's never hit anything harder than carpet but still, it's disconcerting. In the previous 6 years of having smartphones I dropped my those 10-15 phones probably 4 or 5 times total. Maybe I'm getting older and less coordinated but my HTC One has never hit the floor and I've never fumbled with it that I can remember. My iPhone 5 never had any problems either nor did my Bold 9900. I absolutely love my Q10 and I don't want to break it so I guess I'll be picking up a case. I have the leather pocket sleeve but that doesn't help when I'm using it, of course. I don't find the back slippery by any means so I'm at a loss to explain why I'm dropping it.

Anyone else notice their Q10 is more attracted the floor than usual or is this really just a coincidence and I'll go the next year without every mishandling it again? Also (and I'm sure there's a thread for it but I haven't looked yet) any case suggestions would be great. I tend to use the Incipio Feather or Case-Mate Barely There styles. I don't like to bulk up the phones but just provide scratch protection.

Thanks in advance,
    Butterfingers McGillicutty
    08-01-13 10:32 AM
    Hmmm. Mine hates the floor, refuses to fall...
    08-01-13 10:35 AM
    I recommend the BlackBerry Soft Shell case for better grip. It adds almost nothing to the overall size of the device as it's basically just a thin rubber skin, and it gives you much improved hand traction. It's the best $20 you'll spend: BlackBerry US Online Store - Q10 Soft Shell
    djdosage likes this.
    08-01-13 10:43 AM
    I'm extremely careful with my phones and tablets. I'm overly protective, even. Nothing else ever goes in a pocket with a phone, always sits on a microfiber towel on my desk, etc. Anyway, I've had my Q10 for about a week and I've dropped it like 4 times and it's slipped in my hands several other times. It's never hit anything harder than carpet but still, it's disconcerting. In the previous 6 years of having smartphones I dropped my those 10-15 phones probably 4 or 5 times total. Maybe I'm getting older and less coordinated but my HTC One has never hit the floor and I've never fumbled with it that I can remember. My iPhone 5 never had any problems either nor did my Bold 9900. I absolutely love my Q10 and I don't want to break it so I guess I'll be picking up a case. I have the leather pocket sleeve but that doesn't help when I'm using it, of course. I don't find the back slippery by any means so I'm at a loss to explain why I'm dropping it.

Anyone else notice their Q10 is more attracted the floor than usual or is this really just a coincidence and I'll go the next year without every mishandling it again? Also (and I'm sure there's a thread for it but I haven't looked yet) any case suggestions would be great. I tend to use the Incipio Feather or Case-Mate Barely There styles. I don't like to bulk up the phones but just provide scratch protection.

Thanks in advance,
    Butterfingers McGillicutty
    Sorry to hear that you're having a lot of drops. I had a lot of drops with my Z10, almost 10 times in 2 weeks. It sounds crazy, especially know the Z10 had the rubberized backing with extra grip. The Q hasn't been dropped once. I've had it for over a month.

I do recommend you pick up a case for it. Extra grip and extra support!
    08-01-13 01:05 PM
    I had the Bold 9900 for 1.5 years, now I own the Q10 (white) my believe is that the quality of the Q10 is worse than that of the 9900. I own the Q10 for 10 days and it slipped my hands several times I managed to catch it, so it did not meet with the floor. I thought that I am more "gentle" with the way I have it in my hand, I dont know, time will show.
    Also the original leather bb pouch that I bought for the Q10 is not too tight, it gives me the feeling that the phone will slip out.
    08-01-13 01:20 PM
    I had the Bold 9900 for 1.5 years, now I own the Q10 (white) my believe is that the quality of the Q10 is worse than that of the 9900. I own the Q10 for 10 days and it slipped my hands several times I managed to catch it, so it did not meet with the floor. I thought that I am more "gentle" with the way I have it in my hand, I dont know, time will show.
    Also the original leather bb pouch that I bought for the Q10 is not too tight, it gives me the feeling that the phone will slip out.
    I noticed that about the pouch too. Almost like it was made to have one of the she'll cases on it before going in like Simon's video review showed.

I think I hold it more lightly too. I don't think it's quite as solid as the 9900 but it's still a solid phone. I do wish they'd have made the metal band bare metal rather than black. That would've kept that beautiful Bold look everyone loved so much. I still love my Q10 but there's always room for improvement.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2
    08-01-13 01:42 PM
    I've noticed that the volume buttons are slightly too high for comfortable deholstering (centering the magnet to allow for upside-down holstering would be great). Even then, I've yet to drop my Q10, and I will holster/deholster the phone about once every ten minutes through the course of a day.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    08-01-13 03:00 PM
    Yeah, i've found it the same. Had the leather pouch on the Z10 as well, and that one has a snug fit. The Q's pouch though is loose compared to the Zed (don't think it will slip out though).

The materials are different, the Q's pouch seems softer leather and has a nicer/soft feel while the Z pouch was very rigid and took some effort to fit in the pouch first couple weeks, but after a while it's more comfortable.
    08-01-13 03:05 PM
    I personally find the Q10 impossible to drop due to the back cover which I believe is an awesome material.

I can't speak of a Z10 I have only seen one in a store however it falls in to place with the industrial design.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 04:19 PM
    I've stopped using my LE because the plastic was too slippy so I've swapped to the Q10, it's much better.

Ordered a hardshell for it as I liked the white and graphite

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 05:22 PM
    Any place to pick up the OEM hard shell or soft shells other than online?

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 05:27 PM
    Any place to pick up the OEM hard shell or soft shells other than online?

Posted via CB10
    Knowing your location would help...
    08-01-13 05:32 PM
    I suggest a case...or slather you hands with syrup in the morning............ya, just get the case

Oh, and get rid of your HTC one......that's also likely the reason

I have a fever, and the only cure is more swiping, so this is posted via CB10 from my Z10
    08-01-13 05:48 PM
    I suggest a case...or slather you hands with syrup in the morning............ya, just get the case

Oh, and get rid of your HTC one......that's also likely the reason

I have a fever, and the only cure is more swiping, so this is posted via CB10 from my Z10
    I knew it! That d@mn HTC One has been conspiring against me and my sweet Q10 ever since she came into my life, hating its life of being relegated to GPS duty in the car and mobile hotspot for my tablet at work.

Posted via CB10
    ibpluto likes this.
    08-01-13 07:47 PM
    I've only dropped mine once... it fell at just the right angle for the "protective case" to be rendered useless. Even though the screen shattered, it was easy enough to replace. <3 Q10!

Via Q10
    08-01-13 09:29 PM

Anyone else notice their Q10 is more attracted the floor than usual or is this really just a coincidence
    I find that I'm a bit clumsy with a new phone because the phone shape or weight is different from what I am used to. But I eventually get comfortable with it, and less likely to drop it.

Posted via CB10
    Morty2264 and tqmcguire like this.
    08-01-13 09:46 PM
    I'm coming from an iPhone 4S (all glass) so the Q10 grips better in my opinion.
    08-01-13 10:31 PM
    As much as I like the look and feel of my Q10, I just can't risk dropping it. A case is a must for me. I'm partial to the Otterbox Commuter, but there are a number of good cases available for all tastes and preferences.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    08-01-13 10:42 PM
    I definitely like the Q10's build quality over the 9930. Anyone else notice the Q10's battery cover doesn't get scratched?! My 9930's back used to find ways to get scratched on clean tables... I'd brush tables off before I set it down. Then later when I would replace my battery and wtf my phone would be scratched!

Posted via my Q10
    08-01-13 11:13 PM
    Hello!
    You know, I'm A LOT like you when it comes to my phones. My Nokia C3? He was my baby. I rarely dropped him. My 9780 fell a handful of times, and each time, panic ensued. I would get a drop of water on it and BBM my friend, saying, "Will my phone be okay?" I think it's also because these phones are so much a part of our lives - and so expensive - that we don't want anything to happen to them.

I bought a black case for mine when I first got it in May, but I just ordered from CrackBerry.com (yes, I feel like an ad for the institution now ), and bought a case and a screen protector; because I was scared of my screen getting a scratch. I recommend the ones here on CrackBerry for sure. Mine is pink and girly with flowers, so perhaps you'd want a different one! Lol. But the case itself is plastic and hard and I love it. If my phone gets dropped or something, it will probably not dent itself. I highly recommend the products on this site. And when you call, the people are so nice! To be honest, the Q10 without a case (and this might just be because I've always had a case on my BlackBerry, so it feels naked without one) feels really light and almost feels droppable. I've dropped mine twice I think, but not from high distances. BUT STILL! Lol, I understand how you feel! Also, the cases here are very nicely priced and they have a 60-day moneyback guarantee. You could almost add a jingle to this post!
    tqmcguire likes this.
    08-01-13 11:47 PM
    The official hard case for the Q10 works really well at griping onto your hands especially with the rubberized band that surrounds the steel bezel of the phone. Had it for about a week now and it's been sticking to my hands since.

From the 9700 Bold2 to a Q10 via CB10
    tqmcguire likes this.
    08-02-13 09:34 AM
    I find that I'm a bit clumsy with a new phone because the phone shape or weight is different from what I am used to. But I eventually get comfortable with it, and less likely to drop it.

Posted via CB10
    I really think this is my case. I noticed last night I was holding it a lot differently than I hold my One so I'm confident it'll come around in a week or so. I'm still going to get the BlackBerry Hard Shell case. I've never been a fan of soft/silicon skins and I really like the looks of the Hard Shell case.
    08-02-13 09:39 AM
    The official hard case for the Q10 works really well at griping onto your hands especially with the rubberized band that surrounds the steel bezel of the phone. Had it for about a week now and it's been sticking to my hands since.

That's the one I'm going for. It's cheaper on Amazon but I think I'm going to support CrackBerry and get it from Shop CrackBerry. Plus you never know if you're going to get a knock-off from Amazon or not. I hate that.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    08-02-13 09:41 AM
    Lol Butter fingers???
    08-02-13 09:41 AM
    Good idea. Btw I got mine from Costco at a discounted price (it dropped from $37 to $19 :O) because they were making way for new stock. Not sure if you have a card but I'd try there as well.

08-02-13 09:43 AM
53 123