Up until about 2 weeks ago I have never had any issues with text messages. But for some reason I am occasionally getting a text message from a contact, that just says you have a message waiting to be downloaded. Which isn't really a big deal, the problem is I'm never able to actually download it. It seems to be happening in a bad reception area, but now it's starting to happen at my home. It's kind of embarrassing to tell people to just email me, after I've been showing off this phone since it's release. Anyone else experience this, or know of a fix, or even why it happens?

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 09:07 AM
    I guess I'm the only one

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 11:13 AM
    Cmom people somebody has to know

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 07:40 PM
    It happened to me for the first time this past week after loading the latest leaked os. I found that I just needed to hold on the "download" for a few seconds for it to download. I think I also changed the mms "downloading images" setting too, rebooted my phone and changed them back. Anyway, whatever I did fixed it.

Posted via Zeppelin!
    07-27-13 08:38 PM
    I'm not sure if this is the same experience as you, but when I had my 9780, I would sometimes get links or longer text messages that said, when I opened the text, "You have a new picture/video message!" and I wouldn't always be able to download them. Sometimes, I'd try to download them, they wouldn't work, and I'd check back a few minutes later and it would have downloaded. How long are the text messages that you would be trying to open? If they're quite long, that could be why you're getting a message to download them. Try doing a battery pull, or switch to "MMS Mode," like the poster above suggested. I hope you get this sorted! I understand how you feel - I hate not being able to open things that I feel are very easily accessible to others to open. (If that phrase made any sense at all... )
    07-27-13 11:04 PM
    Thanks fellas I feel superior again. Just a simple restart and I'm back in business.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 03:28 PM
    Thanks fellas I feel superior again. Just a simple restart and I'm back in business.
    Posted via CB10
    This has happened to me four times over the past two days. Never happened before. Pushing "download" does nothing. Very frustrating.
    Barby Espy likes this.
    09-29-13 02:10 PM
    I've experienced this a few times, although mine have all been from the same contact so I chalked it up to something goofy with their MMS, or something similar.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 06:23 PM
    Up until about 2 weeks ago I have never had any issues with text messages. But for some reason I am occasionally getting a text message from a contact, that just says you have a message waiting to be downloaded. Which isn't really a big deal, the problem is I'm never able to actually download it. It seems to be happening in a bad reception area, but now it's starting to happen at my home. It's kind of embarrassing to tell people to just email me, after I've been showing off this phone since it's release. Anyone else experience this, or know of a fix, or even why it happens?

Posted via CB10
    I have experienced this 58 this weekend from three different people, most seemed to be texting a picture from an iPhone, which I was unable to download (pushing the "download" button didn't do anything).
    Barby Espy likes this.
    09-29-13 07:26 PM
    Im having SAME issue, but Im connected by the wi fi in my office (where Im trying to download). Getting nowhere. Poof! They are gone. HELP
    10-16-13 07:52 PM
    So its the Iphone? It shouldnt matter. A download is a download. Why is it acting as if it is downloading when in fact it is not? Frustrating. Damn, I miss my Blackberry 9900 Bold. I really hate this Z10. Ive been a blackberry user for 10 years.....this was a mistake for me. Grrrr
    10-16-13 07:54 PM
    Restart? I got one of the messages! Looks like you have to restart to get different ones. What a crock! Anyway....frustrated!!
    Last edited by Barby Espy; 10-16-13 at 08:10 PM. Reason: typo
    10-16-13 07:55 PM