Try typing with caps locks on.. just tested it and had no problem whatsoever! Hold the up arrow button down till it's locked and test it, lemme know if it's working for you!

Posted via CB10
    05-26-14 06:02 PM
    Thanks. Will try it. But to be clear, it's not a solution, only a workaround.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-14 06:13 PM
    Yeah just realised I misjudged my topic! Haha! Let me know all the same

Posted via CB10
    05-26-14 06:14 PM
    The solution we all are waiting for is for BlackBerry to acknowledge the issue and stand by their product. Might be waiting a while.

Posted via CB10
    Homesmontreal likes this.
    05-26-14 08:44 PM
    As of right now, I believe the only way to fix it completely is to replace the keyboard. That's what I did and I have no more double typing issues.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    05-26-14 08:58 PM
    As of right now, I believe the only way to fix it completely is to replace the keyboard. That's what I did and I have no more double typing issues.

^ How did you end up doing that? Purchased third party keyboard then did the deed? Guides online?

The solution we all are waiting for is for BlackBerry to acknowledge the issue and stand by their product. Might be waiting a while.

Posted via CB10
    ^ DAMN STRAIGHT! It's this LACK of acknowledgement of the problem that HELPS die hards feel theyve been shifted and haters all the more reason to chant their hatred.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-26-14 09:09 PM
    NOW THIS DOESNT LOOK VERY PROFESSIONAL DOES IT? IM SURE THAT MY BOSS AND CLIENTS WOULD LOVE TO READ EVERYTHING IN CAPS!

NOT LIKE IM SHOUTING OR ANYTHING.

WE NEED A BETTER SOLUTION THAN THIS. IN THIS SHORT POST I'VE HAD NO PROBLEMS THOUGH. INTERESTING, BUT I'D HAVE TO TYPE A LOT MORE TO SEE IF IT IS REALLY WORKING.

IT'S A RANDOM PROBLEM IN MY CASE ALTHOUGH IT IS SHOWING UP MORE AND MORE NOW.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and rai187 like this.
    05-26-14 09:24 PM
    NOW THIS DOESNT LOOK VERY PROFESSIONAL DOES IT? IM SURE THAT MY BOSS AND CLIENTS WOULD LOVE TO READ EVERYTHING IN CAPS!

WE NEED A BETTER SOLUTION THAN THIS. IN THIS SHORT POST I'VE HAD NO PROBLEMS THOUGH. INTERESTING, BUT I'D HAVE TO TYPE A LOT MORE TO SEE IF IT IS REALLY WORKING.

Posted via CB10
    That means there is no problem with the keyboard as hardware . Same keys different code letter.
    I just think something going wrong with the os behind the keyboard.
    My opinion.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 05:23 AM
    ^ How did you end up doing that? Purchased third party keyboard then did the deed? Guides online?
    Purchased the keyboard (and other parts) from here:
    http://www.etradesupply.com/blackber...berry-q10.html
    They say all their parts are OEM.

I used this video:

It is a pain to take apart this phone! I wouldn't do it if you aren't handy with this sort of thing... you could mess up more than just your keyboard.

kbz1960 and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    05-27-14 08:05 AM

Posted via CB10
    That reminds me of the scene in Anchorman 2 when Ron is shouting out the words from the teleprompter because someone left the capslock on LOL.
    05-27-14 08:44 AM
    My phone is over a year now and I also have the same double typing issue from time to time.. annoying..
    05-27-14 08:49 AM
    Has anyone tested this??
    05-28-14 07:46 AM
    Typing in caps didn't fix my issue I did figure out a couple workarounds though...one, I just dictate the text with the dictation feature instead of type it. Two, I have the word prediction feature turned on so I can easily tap the correct word to correct the mistypes. My "a" key is stuck and pretty much never works so these two things get me by so I can still at least use the device.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    05-29-14 10:23 AM