My q10 is mid 2013 model. I love my device but for past few months I have been facing two issues - First, double typing error and I've done lot of research but found no solution. Second, 3rsh_a browsing error. When I delete cookies and history for sometime issue is resolved however comes back later. Please let me know any concrete solutions that might help me get rid of both these issues permanently.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 09:27 AM
    For double typing replace the keyboard. Full assembly on eBay is <$10.

Browser issue could be a certificate issue on a secure (https) site, problem with the browser in your OS, or combination of the two.
    12-18-14 01:49 PM
    Thanks for the reply. How do I replace corrupt browser on my OS....Do I need to install the complete OS again???

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 02:10 PM
    Yes, you'd be best changing the OS. If you're on official, and don't want the potential bugs with a leak, I'd suggest using Sachesi to download a different official OS and nondestructively upgrade.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...achesi-904841/

Sachesi Codes for OS downloads - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    12-18-14 02:29 PM
    Thanks again. I'll see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 02:36 PM
    Obviously you haven't done a full research when it comes to the double-typing. There is a 2000+ posts topic here where you can find plenty of information. In short, these are your options:
    1. Send in the phone for a warranty claim and have it fixed.
    2. Order a new keyboard and install it yourself.
    3. Try to find a repair shop who fix the keyboard for you.
    4. Fix the faulty keyboard yourself, using the advice in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ly-too-954608/

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 07:27 PM
    Obviously you haven't done a full research when it comes to the double-typing. There is a 2000+ posts topic here where you can find plenty of information. In short, these are your options:
    1. Send in the phone for a warranty claim and have it fixed.
    2. Order a new keyboard and install it yourself.
    3. Try to find a repair shop who fix the keyboard for you.
    4. Fix the faulty keyboard yourself, using the advice in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ly-too-954608/

Posted via CB10
    I've read that thread and others, and would strongly advise against #4, based on personal experience, the price of a replacement, and the design of the keyboard, which doesn't lend itself well to disassembly/reassembly.

OP is beyond warranty. Having a repair center do it is probably the best option for the average member. Someone with decent mechanical skills can have it swapped in <30min.
    12-18-14 10:06 PM
    I'd agree with the comment above.

If you don't have experience disassembling phones, and your Q10 means a lot to you, it would best to have a shop do the repair. The Q10 is not easy to disassemble compared to BlackBerry's older phones (I'd rank it 'semi-miserable' ... about as bad as an iPhone). Replacing the keyboard requires you to pull out pretty much everything but the screen. There are a couple of tough to remove foil stickers that are no fun to separate from the motherboard and some very easily stripped screws.

The keyboard repair is finicky too. A replacement would be easier.

That being said, if you're good with detail-oriented technical tasks, you can probably do it.

If you want to develop your skills, you might consider buying an old phone/laptop/pda from eBay or a friend, and fixing it up. The parts are usually very cheap and its a fun thing to do. iFixit.com is your friend.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-18-14 11:36 PM