Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 87
Like Tree44Likes
  1. Neely2005's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    589 Posts
    #26  

    Default

    You all should check out This Poll:

    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...device-769006/
  2. wynford's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    74 Posts
    #27  

    Default

    I have tried the Z10 keyboard aned didn't get on with it. I am happy for those that have but it's the Q10 for me
  3. Thunderbuck's Avatar

    Posts
    6,559 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,562 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7
    #28  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wynford View Post
    I have tried the Z10 keyboard aned didn't get on with it. I am happy for those that have but it's the Q10 for me
    And that's a good point: it's great that BlackBerry is still serving both markets.

    I believe that the Z10 keyboard actually IS good enough to win over many physical keyboard users, but not all by any stretch.

    What the Z10 keyboard does do, though, is make the market for a slider even more questionable, since it's good enough that the usability gap between physical and virtual is a lot narrower now.
    “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

    --Mark Twain
  4. the_kid_hartford's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    171 Posts
    #29  

    Default

    for those of us who LOVE the q, this thread is ridiculous.....and I mean that not in a mean way at all but if you LOVE the q, anything else is sh__...............tkh
    "Every tradition constructed by human beings is subject to ossified arrogance, blinding pomposity and outright bigotry. That is true not just for Judaism, not just for Christianity, not just for Islam, it is true for secular traditions as well."

    Dr. Cornel West
  5. retomex's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    293 Posts
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    #30  

    Default

    Physical keyboard and a larger battery? Ok, I'll wait for the Q10. I still have to wait 'til april for renewal anyway...
  6. RubberChicken76's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,677 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,683 Global Posts
    #31  

    Default

    I played with Z10 last night. I liked it, though my preference was for the black model over the white. I actually found the white kind of ugly.

    I could see myself getting used to the keyboard over time - I was already typing quicker on it than my iPhones (wider keys I think and better autocorrect) but I think I'm waiting for Q10 too. I can respond quicker with keys, plus I think the battery life will be better and the kinks more worked out.
    tagumcity likes this.
  7. Fnen90's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    281 Posts
    PIN
    stolen :(
    #32  

    Default

    Are u from USA ? i live in new york and id like to know where can i try one of the phones please...
    Quote Originally Posted by RubberChicken76 View Post
    I played with Z10 last night. I liked it, though my preference was for the black model over the white. I actually found the white kind of ugly.

    I could see myself getting used to the keyboard over time - I was already typing quicker on it than my iPhones (wider keys I think and better autocorrect) but I think I'm waiting for Q10 too. I can respond quicker with keys, plus I think the battery life will be better and the kinks more worked out.
  8. Bbnivende's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,122 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,131 Global Posts
    #33  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RubberChicken76 View Post
    I played with Z10 last night. I liked it, though my preference was for the black model over the white. I actually found the white kind of ugly.

    I could see myself getting used to the keyboard over time - I was already typing quicker on it than my iPhones (wider keys I think and better autocorrect) but I think I'm waiting for Q10 too. I can respond quicker with keys, plus I think the battery life will be better and the kinks more worked out.

    Holy smokes ... all these Crackberries that have multiple phones and others with just one old Curve. We have a big tent.
  9. Mr_Reality_Checker's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #34  

    Default I'll wait for the Q10

    In my opinion - the Z10 is awful.
    It looks and feels like the iphone, which I detest
    In my opinion, the only reason to have a bby is to have the qwerty keyboard and no gadets (what the kids call apps)
    I will wait for the Q10, unistall all facebooks and twitter like programs and use it for emailing.
    My opinion only
  10. netwerx1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    964 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,020 Global Posts
    #35  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Reality_Checker View Post
    In my opinion - the Z10 is awful.
    It looks and feels like the iphone, which I detest
    In my opinion, the only reason to have a bby is to have the qwerty keyboard and no gadets (what the kids call apps)
    I will wait for the Q10, unistall all facebooks and twitter like programs and use it for emailing.
    My opinion only
    Quite frankly, it sounds as though you'd best best served by a Bold 9900 or even a Curve...the Q10 will likely still be too fancy for you
    #itsjustaphone

    My band Fuse Box (powered by BlackBerry)
    BBKrzy and ferazzz1985 like this.
  11. BBKrzy's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    #36  

    Default

    No thanks, i do not want to settle for less just b/c of a 2 month wait difference. If i wanted a touch screen phone i would just stick with my iphone 5. I have waited this long for a new bb keyboard phone.. I can wait it out. Considering i will be having to pay full price, i'm going to pick the one i like the most.
    dosto and tagumcity like this.
  12. BoldtotheMax's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,068 Posts
    #37  

    Default Re: Don't wait for the Q10 - Get the Z10. The keyboard is Amazing!

    Quote Originally Posted by netwerx1 View Post
    Quite frankly, it sounds as though you'd best best served by a Bold 9900 or even a Curve...the Q10 will likely still be too fancy for you
    Personally sounds like he don't even need a "smartphone". Miles well go to the dark ages and save some chedder.



    Sent from a galaxy far away!
    bobauckland likes this.
  13. Casper TFG's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    658 Posts
    Global Posts
    762 Global Posts
    #38  

    Default Don't wait for the Q10 - Get the Z10. The keyboard is Amazing!

    As I understand it

    Instead of suggested words you get on the Z10 within the in-between keyboard frets to "flick" up, on the Q10 these words can be optionally configured to appear at the very bottom of the screen within thumb reach available to just "tap" to use.

    I like the idea of the Q10's type and go

    I am so pissed off with typing on iPhone glass....

    I hope the Q10 has a good "lurk in the shadows" keyboard back light. I had one BB with white keys (great back lit in low light) and another (solid black with red characters?) That was terrible back lit.
    BB 8300, Bold, Curve 8900, iPhone 4S - now back to the dark side! - Q10
  14. vespajet's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    352 Posts
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey....
    #39  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Reality_Checker View Post
    In my opinion - the Z10 is awful.
    It looks and feels like the iphone, which I detest
    In my opinion, the only reason to have a bby is to have the qwerty keyboard and no gadets (what the kids call apps)
    I will wait for the Q10, unistall all facebooks and twitter like programs and use it for emailing.
    My opinion only
    In my opinion, you sound like a troll.....

    My opinion only.
  15. wynford's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    74 Posts
    #40  

    Default

    Calm down guys. It's about choice. I'm for the Q10.
    motor96 likes this.
  16. afl777's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    686 Posts
    #41  

    Default

    @ Geeoff....

    Go into settings, language n input, auto assistance then auto corrections......set the slider to off and the auto corrections wont appear on the space bar. Any mistakes see later n click on the word, the magnifying glass appears with correct spellings from the dictionary. xx

    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
  17. Mattster723's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    136 Posts
    #42  

    Default

    I messed around with a z10 last night at my local ATT store. For me, since I type numerous messages, texts and emails to clients etc., the keys seem important for acccuracy sake. I personally did not like typing on the slick glass. Maybe it was the demo that was running on the phone also effecting my experience as the "swish from right to left toe erase" was not working; I had trouble with my gestures (yes I know I used it for 10 minutes) and I felt that this was iPhone-ish.
    Frankly I have stuck with BB for the accuracy of they keys -- and in my profession (law), typos can be expensive! (And I'm sure everyone here will parse this post for typos --I am using my 9900 to do it).. Will it be nice to have newer allegeldly less freeze prone system with some more entertainiing stuff on it? Sure! But frankly I make emails, texts, and phone calls. I could care less the fluffy stuff the z10 is pushing and the slick glass is feh to me. I may go back and play ithe the phone more today (the lines are for samsung and apple not BB) -- but as pretty as the phone is, to me keys rock. I was actually missing the track and back and bb key while sampling the z10, and that also makes me warry of the q10. But if have the urgge to sanp my 9900 in 1/2 due to freezes (say Monday at about 10;30 -- the usual time), then I will just upgrade, and probably hold out for the q10 (with gnashed teeth). Besides my head paralegal has forbidden her boss to go to iPhone or touch screens in general, and it is hard to get good help. . .so I have no choice but to obey and wait.
  18. deltact's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    801 Posts
    Global Posts
    802 Global Posts
    #43  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattster723 View Post
    I messed around with a z10 last night at my local ATT store. For me, since I type numerous messages, texts and emails to clients etc., the keys seem important for acccuracy sake. I personally did not like typing on the slick glass. Maybe it was the demo that was running on the phone also effecting my experience as the "swish from right to left toe erase" was not working; I had trouble with my gestures (yes I know I used it for 10 minutes) and I felt that this was iPhone-ish.
    Frankly I have stuck with BB for the accuracy of they keys -- and in my profession (law), typos can be expensive! (And I'm sure everyone here will parse this post for typos --I am using my 9900 to do it).. Will it be nice to have newer allegeldly less freeze prone system with some more entertainiing stuff on it? Sure! But frankly I make emails, texts, and phone calls. I could care less the fluffy stuff the z10 is pushing and the slick glass is feh to me. I may go back and play ithe the phone more today (the lines are for samsung and apple not BB) -- but as pretty as the phone is, to me keys rock. I was actually missing the track and back and bb key while sampling the z10, and that also makes me warry of the q10. But if have the urgge to sanp my 9900 in 1/2 due to freezes (say Monday at about 10;30 -- the usual time), then I will just upgrade, and probably hold out for the q10 (with gnashed teeth). Besides my head paralegal has forbidden her boss to go to iPhone or touch screens in general, and it is hard to get good help. . .so I have no choice but to obey and wait.
    Caught a few typos Actually, I was chatting with a couple of my lawyer friends and they are both waiting for the Q10. They don't expect to get any BB10 phones until the summer because IT is still testing. One guy has a 9810, so he'd like a slider but he's going to go with the Q10 over the Z10 for the keyboard. The other guy is using a loaner Curve because his 9900 broke.

    If you go back in store to play with the phone, make sure you get out of the demo mode so that you can get a full sampling of the phone. I believe you have to activate voice control, either from the keyboard or with the physical button on the side. Then you can swipe up from the bottom bezel to minimize the demo app into an active frame and the whole system is open to you.
  19. bobauckland's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,228 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,237 Global Posts
    #44  

    Default

    Although I was v unhappy at the delay of the Q device, in retrospect I almost think BlackBerry had a good plan, it led to a lot of people like myself who would have otherwise picked up the Q device without even giving the Z a chance, to actually have to give the Z a chance if they wanted the latest and great from BlackBerry here and now.

    The Keyboard is amazing and fun, more fun than any virtual one I've used before.
    The big screen is great for videos.
    There will be a battery pack at some point.
    Type and Go has been confirmed to be arriving on the Z device at some point as well.

    The Q device will not have a trackpad, so the text selection problems I have on the Z device will be amplified on the smaller screen.
    At the moment, the Q, for me, is an extremely tough sell, and I very much doubt anyone who gives the Z a chance would really find many reasons to pick the Q instead, when everything is taken into consideration.
  20. Mattster723's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    136 Posts
    #45  

    Default

    Well I tried it again . .still uncertain what to do. The typing on glass I assume is something to get used to --- but I think I am still going to wait for the Q10 to see what it's like.
  21. evilxkilla's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    130 Posts
    #46  

    Default

    I have a z10

    I'm switching to q10.

    still don't like the virtual keyboard. Especially on the move.

    Posted via CB10
  22. dosto's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    492 Posts
    Global Posts
    515 Global Posts
    #47  

    Default

    Although I am tempted by the Z10, I will likely wait for the Q10. I love my 9900, and the Q10 that could replace it on a daily basis.

    Regardless, I'm glad BB released the Z10 first (a direct competitor of iPhone and Android). Hopefully, the Z10 will convert some current iPhone and Android users.

    I'm tempted to get the Z10 on Tue (when TMO releases it), and then grab the Q10 when it's released (likely in late May or June), but that would be a heavy hit to the wallet, so might just enjoy my 9900 a while longer.
    Mattster723 likes this.
  23. RangerDag's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #48  

    Default

    Okay, maybe i'm too clumsy but i don't feel comfortable with touchscreens at all. I always founder on typing stuff like passwords correctly on them. I appreciate Blackberrys approach to innovate the touchscreen typing experience with the Z10 but i will always prefer physical keyboards. Does anyone know if it will be possible to deactivate the word suggestions on the bottom of the Q10's screen? I never use them on the Playbook and it would make some room on the screen...
  24. CatlinFD's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,654 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,670 Global Posts
    PIN
    24E2B9CC
    #49  

    Default

    I don't like touchscreen typing when on the move. I find myself always fudging up and having to put too much attention towards the device when walking through a busy area such as a mall. On a physical keyboard, I can just blind type or type subconsciously while half paying attention to whats around my phone so I don't walk into people. I don't believe Z10 typing is faster, what a crock, you guys must type slow on physical keyboards then. My hands fly across the physical keyboard and it's a much faster process than BB10 virtual keyboard input which I've used.
    BlackBerry History: 8220 > 9800 > 9810 > 9900 > DevAlpha A > Z10 > Z30
  25. euro2low's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    333 Posts
    PIN
    The tail on the donkey
    #50  

    Default

    i honestly would be worried about the future of my spelling if the phone could practically predict every sentence I would ever write. In the end you would probably just be flicking words all the time, never needing to know how to spell words. It's like the Devils evil brother of Auto Correct.

    but yea, talk about lighting fast.
    Check out all my Bold 9900 videos / reviews / how-to / samples:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thisiswh...m?feature=mhee
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. waiting for my onyx to come in the maaaaaill!!!
    By siopow in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-05-2009, 02:59 PM
  2. wait for javelin or get curve
    By Brendan40 in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-02-2008, 01:23 AM
  3. Wait for Storm or get 8330
    By Norsk993 in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-27-2008, 02:21 AM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 11:58 PM
  5. Waiting for my Curve...Getting aggravated! (VENT)
    By adambigge in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-24-2008, 10:06 AM

Posting Permissions