Just wondering, I know it's on some smartphones and not advertised!
    05-21-13 01:26 PM
    Nope.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 01:29 PM
    Darn, thanks!
    05-21-13 01:31 PM
    Phones like the SGS3 were built with the contacts next to the battery compartment, Sammy just never built the charging back and charger. For a phone like the Q custom modifications including some soldering would have to be done to allow for wireless charging.

I have a concept for a less clean version that would "wirelessly" charge but would use a right angle micro USB integrated into a case. Won't be as clean as true inductive charging, but I am not busting out my soldering iron on a brand new piece of hardware worth ~$600. I do know of a guy that added inductive charging to a Nexus, but he actually broker something initially and had to have a buddy that is an electrical engineer fix it.
    05-21-13 01:45 PM
    No charging contacts on the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 05:07 PM
    Anyone think this would be possible?
    08-26-13 05:51 PM
    Wireless charging isn't all its cracked up to be. I read a very interesting article on it. I'm looking for it now.

The information contained in this product / on this site is for information purposes only, and may not apply to your situation. The author, publisher, distributor and provider provide no warranty about the content or accuracy of content enclosed. Information provided is subjective. Keep this in mind when reviewing this guide. Neither the Publisher nor Author shall be liable for any loss of profit or any other commercial damages resulting from use of this guide. All links are for information purposes only and are not warranted for content, accuracy, or any other implied or explicit purpose.
    08-26-13 06:01 PM
    Wireless charging isn't all its cracked up to be. I read a very interesting article on it. I'm looking for it now.

The information contained in this product / on this site is for information purposes only, and may not apply to your situation. The author, publisher, distributor and provider provide no warranty about the content or accuracy of content enclosed. Information provided is subjective. Keep this in mind when reviewing this guide. Neither the Publisher nor Author shall be liable for any loss of profit or any other commercial damages resulting from use of this guide. All links are for information purposes only and are not warranted for content, accuracy, or any other implied or explicit purpose.
    I never cared too much about wireless charging until i saw this today:
    it would be perfect for a drive to work without having to plug the 7volt (i think that's what it's called?) charger in, then plug in the micro usb into the phone, and finding a place for it, just takes too much time and isnt worth it (when you're going to work). this would provide a quick charge (better than nothing).

So by all that said, it wouldn't be possible?

edit: i watched a video a while back of someone taking the old contacts for the wireless inductive charging off of the back cover from the palm pre
    08-26-13 10:57 PM
    no any pin on the back that give us to modify?
    08-26-13 11:57 PM
    Actually on the back it has a coil for the NFC. I thing it can work
    11-09-13 02:46 AM
    Actually on the back it has a coil for the NFC. I thing it can work
    Not anything I have seen yet, and before I had a BB10 device I was looking for this. Unless you are willing to solder and highly modify your device it won't happen. NFC has nothing to do with wireless charging, I have yet to see it attempted on a BB10 device, please share if you have any info on anyone trying to do any real wireless charging on a BB10 device.
    11-09-13 03:04 AM
    You could try stuffing one of these under the battery cover, or stick it on the outside of the back cover for that matter.

Internal Universal Wireless Charger Charging Receiver Module w/ Micro USB Port - Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
    11-09-13 03:37 AM
    You could try stuffing one of these under the battery cover, or stick it on the outside of the back cover for that matter.

Internal Universal Wireless Charger Charging Receiver Module w/ Micro USB Port - Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
    That is very interesting. Wonder how it would look.. lol, maybe it could be hidden by a case of some sort if it wouldn't fit under the battery door.

Only bad thing is its about 300mA less than the Q10 charger so the charging would be slower, still would be neat to have either way.

Posted via my BlackJack Q10
    11-09-13 12:09 PM
    That is very interesting. Wonder how it would look.. lol, maybe it could be hidden by a case of some sort if it wouldn't fit under the battery door.

Only bad thing is its about 300mA less than the Q10 charger so the charging would be slower, still would be neat to have either way.

Posted via my BlackJack Q10
    Wow. I'm intruiged. Someone should jump for it. What else would one need to buy?

Thumbly posted from my Q10
    11-09-13 09:53 PM
    Wow. I'm intruiged. Someone should jump for it. What else would one need to buy?

Thumbly posted from my Q10
    Just a charging pad that would be compatible. Preferably a Palm Touchstone since you can get them for less than $10 on Ebay/Amazon. Not sure if it's compatible or not, will have to look into it when i have time
    11-10-13 04:40 PM
    Just a charging pad that would be compatible. Preferably a Palm Touchstone since you can get them for less than $10 on Ebay/Amazon. Not sure if it's compatible or not, will have to look into it when i have time
    It doesn't say what standard that charger is built to, but I doubt it is compatible with Touchstone, most likely it is QI or some other major manufacturer standard. Touchstone was proprietary to Palm AFAIK.
    11-12-13 11:20 AM
    It doesn't say what standard that charger is built to, but I doubt it is compatible with Touchstone, most likely it is QI or some other major manufacturer standard. Touchstone was proprietary to Palm AFAIK.
    The Touchstone actually works with quite a lot of devices that do wireless conductive charging. Here is a Lumia 920 working with it: Video: Nokia Lumia 920 compatible with Palm Touchstone wireless charger | Windows Phone Daily
    11-12-13 05:36 PM
    The Touchstone actually works with quite a lot of devices that do wireless conductive charging. Here is a Lumia 920 working with it: Video: Nokia Lumia 920 compatible with Palm Touchstone wireless charger | Windows Phone Daily
    They must have modified the TS or the Lumia, at least I know the Qi on the 900 didn't work with Touchstone. I know A LOT of former Palm users, a lot of those folks went to WP and are developers and ambassadors. Last we spoke not one of em had the TS working with a Lumia. I do know the Lumia 900 gave the appearance of working, but didn't actually charge. So you would think it is working but it doesn't.

The guy who posted that video is actually the guy that told me it didn't work, so I will check with Rich and see.
    11-12-13 06:48 PM
    I have confirmed via public twitter that this video is in fact the one I am thinking of and it does NOT charge. It appears to function but since the charging tech is not QI the Palm Touchstone does not charge the Lumia. If you read further in the write up it says the video was taken during Rich's unboxing of his 920. This was when he and I had initially discussed it, also in his actual youtube post and in the comments on the post you referenced it confirms that it does appear to work, but does not actually charge.
    11-12-13 08:54 PM
    I have confirmed via public twitter that this video is in fact the one I am thinking of and it does NOT charge. It appears to function but since the charging tech is not QI the Palm Touchstone does not charge the Lumia. If you read further in the write up it says the video was taken during Rich's unboxing of his 920. This was when he and I had initially discussed it, also in his actual youtube post and in the comments on the post you referenced it confirms that it does appear to work, but does not actually charge.
    That is very odd. Thanks for the clarification though. It really is a shame though, since its so cheap, but nice at the same time.

Something to try, and save some money; someone could get that wireless part and go inside a wireless store like AT&T and put the Q10 on one of the Nokia lumia Qi chargers and see if it charges it. I know my local AT&T store has one out in the open.
    11-12-13 11:38 PM
    That is very odd. Thanks for the clarification though. It really is a shame though, since its so cheap, but nice at the same time.

Something to try, and save some money; someone could get that wireless part and go inside a wireless store like AT&T and put the Q10 on one of the Nokia lumia Qi chargers and see if it charges it. I know my local AT&T store has one out in the open.
    I agree it's a shame, I have probably 7-10 Palm Touchstones, including a no longer used one sitting on my desk at work.
    stratax likes this.
    11-13-13 10:52 AM
    why don't one of u tech savants rip apart a palm pre charging door and see it it can't be affixed to a bb and then it'll work on the touch stone, wouldn't it?
    01-22-14 01:08 PM
    Instead of "modification" of a Q, why not demand of BlackBerry to give us back docks and charge pins like we had before?

Any new device BlackBerry makes should return what was lost.

CDN BB
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    01-22-14 01:30 PM
    Interestingly enough the Verizon Z30 does feature wireless charging though.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 04:00 PM