I swap between classic, passport and Q10. I'm afraid I may have ruined the pins in using the sim adapter. Has anyone experienced this in the Q10?

Both my Passport and Classic take the nano, but want to be able to rotate the Q10 into the mix. I'm considering getting an unlocked Q10 to replace my two year old broken tmo Q10.
    08-27-15 04:23 PM
    I've been doing the switch of sims on a daily basis for the past month, between my Q10 and my Passport. No issues so far.

I believe that a good sim adapter is necessary, I've heard that some are of low quality. The one I have is a standard adapter in Denmark, and just works with no issues.
    08-27-15 04:26 PM
    Just don't use dirt cheap adapters and don't be stupid and you'll be fine. Sadly, I learned that only after I killed 2-3 phones lol.
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    08-27-15 04:29 PM
    I ordered the ones right from T-Mobile.
    08-27-15 04:43 PM
    Best solution to see if you can get 2 sim cards with the same number

 CB10 - Q10 - 10.3.2.680 
    08-27-15 05:00 PM
    Just don't use dirt cheap adapters and don't be stupid and you'll be fine. Sadly, I learned that only after I killed 2-3 phones lol.
    Wow--I would cut you some slack with the first screw-up, but 2-3...........no no no!
    08-27-15 06:32 PM
    Wow--I would cut you some slack with the first screw-up, but 2-3...........no no no!
    Eh.. poo poo happens lol
    08-27-15 07:09 PM
    Sooooooo no answers yet?
    08-27-15 07:26 PM
    Yes it destroys the phone, don't do it its not worth the risk. There are numerous threads on this topic. I almost broke the pins on my BlackBerry Bold 9900. Luckily it was okay. Since then I have never attempted to use an adapter again.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 08:25 PM
    I do it all the time. I use a NOOSY adapter. But the best trick is to use gravity. I always flip phone in whatever direction allows the sim to sit in the adapter. Hope that's understandable

Posted using my awesome Z30
    08-27-15 08:43 PM
    Sooooooo no answers yet?
    The two right under your question weren't enough? The potential is there due to user error and using cheap adapters. Some people will use them with 0 issues, some people will buy cheap ones or use them wrong and screw their devices up. There's no 'Yes, they will screw up your device' answer. It's a matter of your actions and how you use them.
    JanuarJaguar likes this.
    08-27-15 09:12 PM
    I broke the pins in my Z30 and ruined it using an adapter (it wasn't a cheap one either), while the same adapter worked fine in my Q10. Not sure why. Maybe it was because the Z30 has a locking (spring) mechanism that Q10 doesn't have, or maybe I was just careless.

Anyway, I have decided not to use adapters anymore. I believe there is an inherent risk using an adapter, and things can go wrong if you are not careful. It also matters if you use a proper nano sim card in the adapter, versus one that you cut out (and grind off) yourself from a micro sim. You certainly have a better chance of success if you use a proper nano sim in a quality adapter, while being very careful!
    08-27-15 09:40 PM
    I 3D printed it with my Projet printer it and I use it daily to switch between passport and Q10. No problems at all.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 01:14 PM
    I broke the pins in my Z30 and ruined it using an adapter (it wasn't a cheap one either), while the same adapter worked fine in my Q10. Not sure why. Maybe it was because the Z30 has a locking (spring) mechanism that Q10 doesn't have, or maybe I was just careless.

Anyway, I have decided not to use adapters anymore. I believe there is an inherent risk using an adapter, and things can go wrong if you are not careful. It also matters if you use a proper nano sim card in the adapter, versus one that you cut out (and grind off) yourself from a micro sim. You certainly have a better chance of success if you use a proper nano sim in a quality adapter, while being very careful!
    Yeah, I'd never do it with a DIY nano sim. Too many discrepancies.
    08-28-15 01:17 PM
    I learned the hard way when it comes to using adapters that they should not be used if you are not familiar with them. I tried to place the adapter in to test it, without a SIM in it, and it got stuck due to the spring-loaded SIM tray pins. I'll never do that again. To be honest you can use a nano sim, without adapter in the z10 and q10 simply by lining it up properly. That is what I do now after destroying a z10 with an adapter.
    08-28-15 01:35 PM
    Most adapter pull pins when trying to pull the sim out. Your better off putting the nano sim in without the adapter and keep moving it until your phone picks up the signal like i do. Removing the sim is a little hard but you can remove it still.
    08-28-15 04:06 PM
    Many people said used a adapter and broken the pin.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 05:54 PM
    Best solution to see if you can get 2 sim cards with the same number

 CB10 - Q10 - 10.3.2.680 
    Most carrier won't allow that

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 06:13 PM

Same sad story with my Z30. Now the adapter is stuck and I read if you force it out, it's even worse. I personally would not use an adapter in the Z30 again.

Does anyone know how I could get it repaired? I'm on the Leap now, but the Z30 is a nice phone as well and other than the SIM, in good shape.

Thanks all.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 07:10 PM
    When T-Mobile issues a new SIM card it is scored in both sizes and can be popped out in either size. I popped it out as a Nano SIM to run in my Classic and I also punched out the tiny Micro frame that was around it to use as an adapter in my Q5. It works perfectly!

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 10:22 PM
    I just ruined my z10 sim tray pins by using this stupid adapter.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 12:48 PM
    If your adapter is stuck in z30 unscrew the screws and it should loosen enough to allow spring mechanism to work again. It did for my buddy.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 09:54 PM