I have been unsuccessful after getting multiple VPNs to work with my Q10. One is a the VPN from PIA. Based on some previous discussions, it would appear that openvpn is not supported on BB10. Any hope that 10.3.1 has full support? I also have a work vpn which works perfectly from Windows PCs, iOS devices, and Android tablets (using various clients to connect) but not from my Q10. Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    12-25-14 03:00 PM
    OpenVPN is not supported on BB10. As for your other VPN we would need more information. What client and settings do you use, or the product name.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1154
    12-25-14 03:10 PM
    Just make one!!! Here on forum you have guide how to ipsec for blackberry devices!
    You need raspberry pi, powersupply 5V2,1A ,sdhc memory card ,static ip or dns service and some time to setup. I running ipsec on my rpi more then 1 year with no porblem! 4 clients!

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 07:24 AM
    Just make one!!! Here on forum you have guide how to ipsec for blackberry devices!
    You need raspberry pi, powersupply 5V2,1A ,sdhc memory card ,static ip or dns service and some time to setup. I running ipsec on my rpi more then 1 year with no porblem! 4 clients!

Posted via CB10
    Sweet idea, I might have to try this on my old Pi.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.3442

Posted on my Q10.
    02-11-15 07:37 AM
    What he means is VPN Support for your Standard regular OpenVPN, PPTP and L2TP.
    Gateways you find everywhere and everyone is using, even on the oldest, cheapest Android phone those gateways are possible. Not so on a 600 bucks BlackBerry OS 10 device, which only allows fancy and expensive proprietary VPN solutions.

What do I care about the reasons of BlackBerry not supporting OpenVPN when I simply have to carry an additional device just to access the intranet of my University.
    wormycoolness likes this.
    02-12-15 06:13 PM
    How does a VPN protect my BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    Warios likes this.
    02-13-15 04:34 AM
    A VPN does not protect your BlackBerry, but it can give you additional security in a compromised environment, such as public wifi hotspots, where basically everyone can read your Non encrypted data traffic.
    02-13-15 06:55 AM
    Gateways you find everywhere and everyone is using, even on the oldest, cheapest Android phone those gateways are possible. Not so on a 600 bucks BlackBerry OS 10 device, which only allows fancy and expensive proprietary VPN solutions.

What do I care about the reasons of BlackBerry not supporting OpenVPN when I simply have to carry an additional device just to access the intranet of my University.
    Just ask university network admin to make ipsec for you ,if they use openwpn ,ipsec is there too ?!?! I think they do it for you if its needed .
    02-16-15 05:11 AM
    This is exactly what I would like to know! I tried many many times to get the OpenVPN app to work on my Q10 without any success. I can connect without any problems using an android phone and iOS device. I would love to access my work PC via my Q10 but they only support OpenVPN. I would love to talk to anyone who has had any success with the OpenVPN especially after the significant improves found in 10.3.1's android runtime.

02-21-15 08:09 PM
    Anybody have any guide to have Bb10 connect to pfsense 2.2? It use to work under pfsense2.1 using ipsec, but not under pfsense2.2.

Read from change log that pfsense uses something new for ipsec under 2.2... something like strongwan???

Z10 STL-2 Official10.3.1
    02-23-15 05:11 PM
    Anybody have any guide to have Bb10 connect to pfsense 2.2? It use to work under pfsense2.1 using ipsec, but not under pfsense2.2.

Read from change log that pfsense uses something new for ipsec under 2.2... something like strongwan???

Z10 STL-2 Official10.3.1
    maybe here is something for you ? this is my guide for homemade Strongswan .

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...spbian-850976/
    02-24-15 12:32 PM
    maybe here is something for you ? this is my guide for homemade Strongswan .

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...spbian-850976/
    Thanks, would like to know if it still works after updating to 10.3.1?

Z10 STL-2 Official10.3.1
    02-24-15 03:45 PM

Z10 STL-2 Official10.3.1
    I recently setup a new centos 7 and strong swan VPN server instead of my previous centos6 on earlier StrongSwan.

From home, vpn shows me connected but phone times out. But it works when I'm not home. This implies I need to disable ALG for vpn in my router.

Earlier 10.3.1 had major vpn bugs, but not the release ones.

Start by looking at vpn logs on phone and pfsense.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 04:01 PM

Z10 STL-2 Official10.3.1
    Yes i use it from date of build with no problems .
    02-24-15 04:09 PM
    I recently setup a new centos 7 and strong swan VPN server instead of my previous centos6 on earlier StrongSwan.

From home, vpn shows me connected but phone times out. But it works when I'm not home. This implies I need to disable ALG for vpn in my router.

Earlier 10.3.1 had major vpn bugs, but not the release ones.

Start by looking at vpn logs on phone and pfsense.

Posted via CB10
    why to conect to ipsec from home ?

ExternalNet-IpSec!-homeRouter-internet

At home in this situation use of internet via ipSec ? No need!That is default seting on all vpn servers ! iptables is solution if you need this.
    02-24-15 04:14 PM
    does todays BES12 news have any hope that OPENVPN support is coming to BB10?
    02-25-15 04:37 PM
    why to conect to ipsec from home ?

ExternalNet-IpSec!-homeRouter-internet

At home in this situation use of internet via ipSec ? No need!That is default seting on all vpn servers ! iptables is solution if you need this.
    I don't know what you're saying. I have a fully working server. But to answer why I would connect from home, was purely to test out that the VPS (across the country in a data center) I was configuring had correct firewall rules and correct StrongSwan config. Otherwise, I would keep tweaking and potentially break it. The other night, after double/triple checking why my phone no longer worked from home, I just said I'd try it from work/hotspot outside of my home and it worked. So I would have saved 1+ hours on server testing/setup if it worked from home first try.
    02-25-15 04:54 PM
    does todays BES12 news have any hope that OPENVPN support is coming to BB10?
    OpenVPN is not really helpful to enterprises, its more of a consumer thing. I don't think there is much chance of openvpn whisper when talking to enterprises. BB and BES12 is to sell them on BB's secure VPN implementation, not open source open vpn.
    02-25-15 04:56 PM
    im saying : If you build "homemade" VPN server and you try to connect to the same from home (same network) is disabled by default . There is way to enable it !
    02-26-15 01:57 AM
    I have been unsuccessful after getting multiple VPNs to work with my Q10. One is a the VPN from PIA. Based on some previous discussions, it would appear that openvpn is not supported on BB10. Any hope that 10.3.1 has full support? I also have a work vpn which works perfectly from Windows PCs, iOS devices, and Android tablets (using various clients to connect) but not from my Q10. Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    You don't need a VPN app to have a VPN. I use Torguard and their customer service was very helpful in stepping me thru how to manually set up their VPN on my BlackBerry Classic. It's a IKEv2 and AES-256 encryption.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 11:57 PM
    You don't need a VPN app to have a VPN. I use Torguard and their customer service was very helpful in stepping me thru how to manually set up their VPN on my BlackBerry Classic. It's a IKEv2 and AES-256 encryption.

Posted via CB10
    Is Torguard free ? No !
    Why to pay more if you can made it cheaper ? You can made IKEv2 AES-256 for about 30-50$ ! WARIO's : VPN server for Blackberry 10
    03-01-15 03:51 AM
    Is Torguard free ? No !
    Why to pay more if you can made it cheaper ? You can made IKEv2 AES-256 for about 30-50$ ! WARIO's : VPN server for Blackberry 10
    Because there's no such thing as a free lunch. You want quality, no ads and no tracking and openvp on desktops/laptops and iphones then get torguard.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 04:18 AM
    Because there's no such thing as a free lunch. You want quality, no ads and no tracking and openvp on desktops/laptops and iphones then get torguard.

Posted via CB10
    Who say "FREE" ? Price of my IKEv2 server is one time payment 30$ for lifetime Torguard have "no tracking" ,are you shore they dont track ? Or its just what they say ?!?!
    And there is no tracking, no ads , and work on every device i own (laptop , Q10 , nexus 7 ) on my private ipsec server , its under my control 100% .

ps. did you check link i post above ? if not then try to check it and then say "torguard" is better in any way .
    03-01-15 07:23 AM
    Is Torguard free ? No !
    Page doesn't work in BB10 browser or else it was super slow/down.

Still cheaper to get your own VPS and run StrongSwan.

Posted via CB10
    Warios likes this.
    03-01-15 04:16 PM
    Page doesn't work in BB10 browser or else it was super slow/down.

Still cheaper to get your own VPS and run StrongSwan.

Posted via CB10
    just open first time on Q10 browser and opens like should !?
    ps. i dont host this site.
    03-02-15 03:10 AM