I figured since the Q10's battery lasts a whole day anyway I don't need a dock that charges.
    Since they don't seem to be making any docks for the Q10, I'm looking for a old BB dock that fits the Q10 the best.
    I just want something that doesn't feel tight but still allows my Q10 to stand upright.
    Anyone have any suggestions to which dock to buy??
    05-20-13 11:48 PM
    I figured since the Q10's battery lasts a whole day anyway I don't need a dock that charges.
    Since they don't seem to be making any docks for the Q10, I'm looking for a old BB dock that fits the Q10 the best.
    I just want something that doesn't feel tight but still allows my Q10 to stand upright.

Most of the recent legacy Blackberries had charging contacts on the back that were there to contact things like docs and provide power. The modern BB10 devices don't have charging contacts, you have to charge them through the USB port. So there isn't going to be any old dock that is going to work properly with the Q10 to charge, but apparently you know that.

Problem is, even the size/shape of the bottom of the Q10 is not similiar to any of the old devices as far as I can tell, so you probably couldn't use them even "passively".

Sorry to disappoint.

However... have you see this:

Amazon.com: Sunny Savers Blackberry Q10 Twin Dual BLACK Desktop Charger Dock & Spare Battery Charger Sync & Charge Pod - Part of the InventCase� Accessories Range: Cell Phones & Accessories
    05-21-13 12:21 AM
    Most of the recent legacy Blackberries had charging contacts on the back that were there to contact things like docs and provide power. The modern BB10 devices don't have charging contacts, you have to charge them through the USB port. So there isn't going to be any old dock that is going to work properly with the Q10 to charge, but apparently you know that.

Problem is, even the size/shape of the bottom of the Q10 is not similiar to any of the old devices as far as I can tell, so you probably couldn't use them even "passively".

Sorry to disappoint.

However... have you see this:

Amazon.com: Sunny Savers Blackberry Q10 Twin Dual BLACK Desktop Charger Dock & Spare Battery Charger Sync & Charge Pod - Part of the InventCase� Accessories Range: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Yeah I was just hoping one of the 9900 docks fitted the 9900 poorly and maybe would fit the Q10 better Haha.

No I haven't seen that actually! It looks very interesting and what I might be looking for! I can't quite understand the micro usb plug at the bottom if it's for the Q10? Could you please explain that for me? This looks really goood!

**edit: Oh I think I get it, so the dock is for the Q10 in Landscape mode? =/
    05-21-13 12:55 AM
    Yeah I was just hoping one of the 9900 docks fitted the 9900 poorly and maybe would fit the Q10 better Haha.

No I haven't seen that actually! It looks very interesting and what I might be looking for! I can't quite understand the micro usb plug at the bottom if it's for the Q10? Could you please explain that for me? This looks really goood!

**edit: Oh I think I get it, so the dock is for the Q10 in Landscape mode? =/
    Yeah, unfortunately the charging port is on the side, so a dock like that pretty much has to make it landscape orientation.

The only other alternative are some of these car kits which have a sort of "dongle" on the left side of the phone that you slide the phone sideways to connect to. But then it's got this "lump" on the left side at the top of a "stalk" in order to connect to power.
    05-21-13 01:02 AM
    Which reminds me - I was going to suggest you might be able to adapt one of the car holders for the q10 into a sort of makeshift dock..
    05-21-13 01:03 AM
    Yeah, unfortunately the charging port is on the side, so a dock like that pretty much has to make it landscape orientation.

The only other alternative are some of these car kits which have a sort of "dongle" on the left side of the phone that you slide the phone sideways to connect to. But then it's got this "lump" on the left side at the top of a "stalk" in order to connect to power.
    Oh damn I might get it if that's my only option! But yeah I'm not looking for a charger more of just a 'stand'. I think someone should really make one!

Thanks anyway buddy!
    05-21-13 01:14 AM
    But yeah I'm not looking for a charger more of just a 'stand'. I think someone should really make one!

Thanks anyway buddy!

Oh, I agree someone should make one. And I'm pretty sure you will see some, the Q10 has not been out very long yet. There's now a pretty good variety of docks for the Z10 being made, whereas there was almost nothing for it a couple of months ago.
    bendiep1991 likes this.
    05-21-13 02:31 AM
    Oh, I agree someone should make one. And I'm pretty sure you will see some, the Q10 has not been out very long yet. There's now a pretty good variety of docks for the Z10 being made, whereas there was almost nothing for it a couple of months ago.
    The first person that does has got my money!
    05-21-13 04:12 AM
    Since you originally stated you just wanted a stand, a 9000 dock may fit it well enough to act as a stand.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 06:19 AM
    I still can not believe that BB did not include the charging contacts on the Z10 and Q10! WTF! This is supposed to be their "state of the art" phone and there is nothing better than being able to drop your device into a cradle to charge.

I guess they are holding back this feature for the Z11 and Q11
    blueyestm likes this.
    05-21-13 06:59 AM
    Yeah. BlackBerry please bring back the charging contacts. So cool, nifty, and a time-saver to just drop it in and it goes into clock mode. It is beyond annoying and awkward and a hassle to deal with these other docks and sticking the usb cord in.
    05-21-13 07:37 AM
    Since you originally stated you just wanted a stand, a 9000 dock may fit it well enough to act as a stand.

Posted via CB10
    That was what I was hoping but apparently the dimensions are different
    05-21-13 09:34 AM
    Someone yesterday posted a uk amazon link for a dock for the q10.

Here's the link

http://www.amazon.co.uk/GooseWhite-D...outThisProduct

Which docks do the Q10 fit into?-41vtfpvqzvl.jpg
    Last edited by F2; 05-21-13 at 10:59 AM.
    PJD642 and jimmyjyc like this.
    05-21-13 09:49 AM
    That was what I was hoping but apparently the dimensions are different
    Did you try in in the original BOLD 9000 charge dock. When my Q10 first arrived I used it in a Bold 9000 holster and it was a pretty good fit.
    05-21-13 09:50 AM
    I'm coming out of left field here, but if you arent concerned with charging. Find some small metal discs or magnets and get a Palm Touchstone. It won't stand exactly upright but will hold at about a 45 degree angle. This will be my minimal fix, I am way to used to having my phone at a proper viewing angle on my desk at work and nightstand at home.
    05-21-13 12:03 PM

Here's the link

http://www.amazon.co.uk/GooseWhite-D...outThisProduct

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41VTfpvqzVL.jpg 
Views:	618 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	163825

Now THAT is probably what a Q10 dock should look like - though a touch bulkier than is probably necessary.

The Sunny Savers one I posted a link to above is also available through Amazon UK, but this is clearly a much better item.
    bendiep1991 likes this.
    05-21-13 02:23 PM
    Did you try in in the original BOLD 9000 charge dock. When my Q10 first arrived I used it in a Bold 9000 holster and it was a pretty good fit.
    Hmm, I thought the Q10 was wider. Apparently not much.

Here are the specs on both according to GSMarena:

Q10:
    119.6 x 66.8 x 10.4 mm (4.71 x 2.63 x 0.41 in)

Bold 9900:
    115 x 66 x 10.5 mm (4.53 x 2.60 x 0.41 in)
    05-21-13 02:26 PM
    Here you go:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=hW15Bgwo

~Sent via Carrier Pigeon~
    05-22-13 12:17 PM
    Okay, maybe it's just me, but I don't see a price on that page, I'm mobile so I may be missing it.
    05-22-13 02:37 PM
    Okay, maybe it's just me, but I don't see a price on that page, I'm mobile so I may be missing it.
    I don't think BlackBerry makes them anymore, so it may not be available from the CB store either. Just posted the link in case you can find it somewhere else.

~Sent via Carrier Pigeon~
    05-22-13 10:19 PM

Here's the link

GooseWhite Charger Cradle for Blackberry Q10 - Sync and Charge Your Q10 on your Desktop, Also Perfect for Your NightStand: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

DAMNN THAT'S CLOSE TO WHAT I WANT! But I really don't want the micro usb port because then I can't just yank the device out the stand

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41VTfpvqzVL.jpg 
Views:	618 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	163825
    05-22-13 10:35 PM
    Well tbh I don't own a Q10 yet! Just grabbing up all the accessories I want before hand!
    05-22-13 10:36 PM
    I'm coming out of left field here, but if you arent concerned with charging. Find some small metal discs or magnets and get a Palm Touchstone. It won't stand exactly upright but will hold at about a 45 degree angle. This will be my minimal fix, I am way to used to having my phone at a proper viewing angle on my desk at work and nightstand at home.
    I just looked it up! And that's really expensive! especially since it doesn't sit upright either! But yeah I need it upright because my phones my clock
    05-22-13 10:40 PM
    Thanks! But not digging this one anyway! It looks like its more of a travel stand since it's leather
    05-22-13 10:44 PM
    I just looked it up! And that's really expensive! especially since it doesn't sit upright either! But yeah I need it upright because my phones my clock
    What did you look up that is expensive? Touchstones can be had for $5-10 US, and sits upright enough to be used as a clock on my desk at work, on my nightstand, and on my TV stand. Also can be used in the car. I know they can be a little pricier internationally, but I would guarantee you could find one used cheap, probably cheaper than a BB cradle. Either way like I said, I know it was outta left field, but will be my solution.
    05-23-13 11:45 AM
36 12