For those who upgraded to the Q10 from the Bold 9900 or various other BB qwertys;

1. Do you miss the track pad?
    2. Do you think no track pad has enhanced or made your experience worse on the Q10?
    3. Would having a track pad add value to the overall OS experience? If so on what ways.

P.S. Be honest!
    11-19-14 04:49 PM
    For people moving from a PKB BBOS model to the Q, due to screen size I bet many do.

For users like me, who never had dreamed of going VKB, I miss a trackpad <1% of the time, if that. The accuracy of touch sensitivity, allows me to not zoom most times while modding, and lemme tell ya, there's a lot of small stuff to play with.

It's my foolish humble opinion, given a couple weeks with a Z10/30, you'd wonder why you clung to that PKB so long.
    11-19-14 05:11 PM
    I'm planning on getting the classic, I tried typing on glass but it was fairly inaccurate. I also feel when I type qwerty I can type straight from my consciousness because I can type so quick where as either a glass keyboard I feel like I have to summarize or dumb down my texts/messages because I can't type as quick. Maybe I just need practice though.
    11-19-14 05:22 PM
    I missed the track pad at first but now it's not an issue.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 05:48 PM
    Nope...nor do I miss the thumbwheel either...

Bob

Posted Via CB10 With One Of My Unlocked BlackBerries>Q10-SQN100-5/10.2.1.3442>Z10-STL100-3/10.2.1.3337 On AT&T
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-19-14 06:58 PM
    I'm planning on getting the classic, I tried typing on glass but it was fairly inaccurate. I also feel when I type qwerty I can type straight from my consciousness because I can type so quick where as either a glass keyboard I feel like I have to summarize or dumb down my texts/messages because I can't type as quick. Maybe I just need practice though.
    Muscle memory would surprise you. I know it did me. Couple that with the way the BlackBerry VKB learns you and corrects, along with flicking, and it's powerful stuff.

I can't imagine giving up valuable screen real estate, to have physical phone buttons, and a seldom used trackpad, but I can totally appreciate that there are those who would, and happy for them BlackBerry decided to provide them a new device.

Now, where's my dang Z50?!?
    11-19-14 07:18 PM
    In answer to your questions;

1. No, do not miss. Initially yes, I did miss as the earlier OS was, to be very polite, less than accurate. So, there were a number a months I was longing for the trackpad. However, no more. It is perhaps still more accurate than the current system in BB10, but I think it is improving leaps and bounds.

2. Initially, the experience was worse and my regular cursing reflected that. However, as above, the experience is significantly better now, and I assume will continue to see improvements with 10.3 on the Q10.

3. No, now, I do not belive a trackpad would add value. However, I am a fan of the PKB. Need that. While my Z30 does have more real estate on the screen, I use my BB primarily for texts and emails - often hundreds a day. The Z30 just does not do it...
    11-19-14 07:23 PM
    Had a 9930, which I loved. Used my Q10 as my daily driver for work until the Passport came out. Now the Q10 is my backup.

QUOTE=1TIME;11094890]For those who upgraded to the Q10 from the Bold 9900 or various other BB qwertys;

1. Do you miss the track pad? --> No.
    2. Do you think no track pad has enhanced or made your experience worse on the Q10? --> Enhanced. The trackpad is completely unnecessary with BB10.
    3. Would having a track pad add value to the overall OS experience? If so on what ways. --> No.

P.S. Be honest![/QUOTE]

Blackberry Passport SQW 100-1, 10.3.0.908
    11-19-14 07:41 PM
    I probably don't need the trackpad, as the Q10 is awesome without, and BB10 does seem like it really really doesn't need a trackpad. However, I do miss the trackpad and the toolbelt all together.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 09:19 PM
    I thought I would miss the track pad but I don't. I haven't had any issues editing text without it on the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 11:37 PM
    I miss the trackpad, text selection was easier with it. I also really miss the phone call answer button. But to be fair both of these things were something I could live without and put up with. I owned a Z10 for a year or so before buying a Q10 so that probably helped my transition. But now the classic is coming it makes sense to me to have the trackpad and the toolbelt back in my life.

I think the Q10 was a symbol of the all new gesture based BlackBerry 10, but in hindsight (and I think most bold users would agree), it was a mistake not to give it a toolbelt.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by johnburton_uk; 11-20-14 at 01:06 AM.
    11-20-14 12:47 AM
    I still buying notebook vs tablet or what-pad is due to keyboard & mouse / trackpad.

Same goes to Blackberry Q10 or coming Classic.
    No keyboard mouse is really not productive at all. Waste too much time poking on the screen trying to correct the error.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 12:53 AM
    Yes I do! Upgraded from Bold 9900 to Q10, I use my Bold 9900 whenever I travel out of the country to Nigeria or Europe (I don't like switching SIMs in and out of my Q10, so I use Q10 in the US and the 9900 internationally), and after every trip I make and use the 9900, I don't want to go back to the Q10, primarily because of the track pad. That's why I am skipping the Passport (I really like it though, just too wide and a little too cumbersome for me), so I am heading down the Classic line for my next BB phone.
    11-20-14 01:03 AM
    Nope.. not an issue for me. Came from the 9000 > 9900 > Q10. I thought it would have been weird without the toolbelt but it's fine with the layout and gestures they did... This will all be personal preference though, anyone thinking it may be an issue, try out the Q before you make the jump.
    11-20-14 01:13 AM
    Yes, yes I do...but I won't have to miss it for long

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 02:12 AM
    For people moving from legacy device i think it's a good thing for me..nope!?

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    11-20-14 02:16 AM
    1. Do you miss the track pad? YES! I have used a 8700, 8320, 9000, 9800 and 9900. I find the track pad to be more accurate and efficient.

2. Do you think no track pad has enhanced or made your experience worse on the Q10? Absolutely, text editing is horrible on the Q10. I also believe that the track pad would make scrolling through the HUB better as well as selecting links in the browser.

3. Would having a track pad add value to the overall OS experience? If so on what ways. Yes! Would help with text selection and editing. Scrolling through the hub. Selecting links in browser.

All that being said I still like the Q a lot and feel it is a really solid device. I think more options on how to navigate through certain tasks is never a bad thing.

S/N: I loved the trackwheel on the 8700! I actually preferred it to the trackball. The trackpad though was the best design for navigation for a BlackBerry device.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 04:51 AM
    No

Posted from my Blackberry Q10
    11-20-14 05:53 AM
    For people moving from a PKB BBOS model to the Q, due to screen size I bet many do.

For users like me, who never had dreamed of going VKB, I miss a trackpad <1% of the time, if that. The accuracy of touch sensitivity, allows me to not zoom most times while modding, and lemme tell ya, there's a lot of small stuff to play with.

It's my foolish humble opinion, given a couple weeks with a Z10/30, you'd wonder why you clung to that PKB so long.
    Actually, trying to type on the Z10 infuriated me and that flicking crap was annoying as hell and I cut it off. I'm finally back on my q10 since 10.3.1 can resize android apps because I couldn't use one app specifically due to not being able to click an X on the TOS to get to it lol
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-20-14 07:50 AM
    I have a Q10. Have used it for a long time. By my signature I'm obviously now on the passport. I certainly did miss the trackpad though and I still do. I love the passport, it's an incredible device. Classic however may win me over in the future. I just have to see it in person first. Hopefully it makes it to stores as soon as it's released.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT on T-MO
    11-20-14 10:12 AM
    For those who upgraded to the Q10 from the Bold 9900 or various other BB qwertys;

1. Do you miss the track pad?
    2. Do you think no track pad has enhanced or made your experience worse on the Q10?
    3. Would having a track pad add value to the overall OS experience? If so on what ways.

P.S. Be honest!
    1. Absolutely! I rarely have an idea where the text selector is with my thumb over the text. I imagine with a trackpad, if you know where the pointer entered the text, you could use finger movement to track the text selector across the field. Not to mention the breeze with which you can scroll and select.

2. I am neutral on this on. The Q10 feels like a half and half device with the OS trying to it full touch and the keyboard trying to make it a Bold. If I use the square screen as a full-touch device and the keyboard separately for text entry, I don't have any problems making my experience worse. However, the lack of a trackpad has not enhanced my experience either.

3. No, it would not have. BlackBerry 10 was, and will always be, based on gestures and the only way to do justice to that is a full touch device. Had the OS been properly optimized for a physical keyboard and toolbelt device, the OS would not be designed the way it is. Scroll wheel on the other hand...
    11-20-14 11:06 AM

1. Do you miss the track pad? YES
    2. Do you think no track pad has enhanced or made your experience worse on the Q10? worse maybe
    3. Would having a track pad add value to the overall OS experience? If so on what ways. q10.

I want my Bold 9700 back. I miss:
    back button
    left right up down arrows
    search pics when attaching pics

P.S. Be honest!
    11-20-14 11:26 AM
    Second day away from my 9930, and what I most miss are the menu and back keys.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 06:03 PM
    Second day away from my 9930, and what I most miss are the menu and back keys.

Posted via CB10
    Idk why but the track pad - send/end seem to be needed on a BlackBerry to me. I love the Q but just doesn't feel the same as the older style.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 07:30 PM
    No, but it's good though.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 10:16 PM
63 123