Anyone know? I read an article online on how 2 add Android apps on the Q10. The instructions are a bit unclear, but do the apps run smoothly, or are they glitchy?
    06-12-13 07:45 AM
    Glitchy and slow. I find sideloadong to be completely useless.

Sent from my Q10
    06-12-13 08:14 AM
    It depends on the application.

Android applications you download from BlackBerry World should perform well, but that can depend of the original quality of the application, and how much work, if any, the developer has put into the port.

So-called side loaded applications will be more of a crap shoot. In most cases someone has taken an APK file off of an Android phone and run it through the application re-packager. Sometimes this is all that is needed, sometimes the Android application uses features that are not supported on BB10. Before Amazon ported the Kindle application there was a side load available that works very well. Remember if you are side loading an application what you are doing is not going to be supported by either BlackBerry or the application developer.
    06-12-13 09:09 AM
    I only plan to do instagram next week when i [hopefully] receive my Q10 from ATT. I say we all boycott doing this, and force FB and Twitter to make Insta and Vine for BB.

They will have no option shortly.
    06-12-13 11:59 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...erry10-817781/

I'm running OS 10.2.0.341 on my Q10. 10.2 comes with 4.2.2 android runtime so I can get any android app I want.

Vine, Instagram, Snapchat, Viber, Snapchat, Shazam, Netflix, Google Maps, Fitbit, My Fitness Pal, Angry Birds, Temple Run 2 are all the apps I have downloaded so far using this method.

They all work the same or better then on android phones since with this way it is using the native android code. No bugs, slowness or glitches so far. Even the android version of Skype is working better.

Good Job!! Thanks xsacha!!

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 11:46 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...erry10-817781/

I'm running OS 10.2.0.341 on my Q10. 10.2 comes with 4.2.2 android runtime so I can get any android app I want.

Vine, Instagram, Snapchat, Viber, Snapchat, Shazam, Netflix, Google Maps, Fitbit, My Fitness Pal, Angry Birds, Temple Run 2 are all the apps I have downloaded so far using this method.

They all work the same or better then on android phones since with this way it is using the native android code. No bugs, slowness or glitches so far. Even the android version of Skype is working better.

Good Job!! Thanks xsacha!!

Posted via CB10
    could you message me and let me know if you ran into any errors. I have a Mac and am interested in sideloading the first 5 apps you mentioned. thanks
    06-18-13 12:30 PM
    It depends on the app and what kind of Android dependencies it needs. Many apps work just the same in speed and functionalities. Some do not work at all. To generalize that sideloading is slow, glitchy, or unstable is ignorant and baseless. I spent good money on a Macbook Pro because I like its hardware better; however, I use it 99% of the time as a Windows machine because that's what my profession requires.
    06-18-13 01:36 PM