I had a little bit of dust on some keys. So I blew on them, lips tight as if I was blowing in a flute. In that area, the double typing disappeared.

Then I used a "blower" that I usually use for my photo camera (DSLR)... I used it to blow in every gap between every key, every row... I used 2-3 very short but strong blows in every gap.

I can pretend the double typing has disappeared, if I have to sign this by hand, I'd say, it has been "notably reduced"!!

Please try it and report, it worked for me extremely well!!!

Changing the keyboard might not be necessary.
    May be protecting the keyboard from dust in the future hinders the double typing!?!

This is the tool I used:

Discovery, double typing almost disappeared! Please try it, too!-img_20150303_083322.jpg

BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.932; BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.1565
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    03-03-15 01:48 AM
    I don't think I've tried your technique before, but I believe I used compressed air once without success. However, out of frustration one day, I turned off the display (lock button), and massaged all the keys by running my thumb across each row multiple times, applying a good amount of pressure. Doing this from time to time seems to help, perhaps by "re-sitting" the membrane. I don't know, so it's just another thing to try.
    anischab likes this.
    03-03-15 11:21 AM
    "Massaging" the keys was a temporary fix only. You are better off replacing the keyboard (at your own risk, of course).

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 12:50 PM
    "Massaging" the keys was a temporary fix only. You are better off replacing the keyboard (at your own risk, of course).

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    Too risky... although there is a good tutorial on you tube and many here have done it successfully!

But I didn't... now my Q10 is my backup device... my Bold was very good, but my provider stopped the BIS/push function, so I'm no longer able to use the Bold to its maximum.

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.1531; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.2480; Germany.
    03-03-15 01:36 PM

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    That's true, but I'd rather not replace the keyboard. Actually, what I'd really prefer is to see BlackBerry stop selling phones with defective keyboards. I had the same problem with my 9930, but that only affected the space bar, so the Q10 is worse. I don't understand how they haven't addressed this hardware design/manufacturing problem yet.
    03-03-15 03:31 PM
    I've successfully replaced my keyboard it's not difficult at all. There's also a tutorial on creating a hybrid keyboard where you'd replace the Q10 keyboard membrane discs with the bold 99xx membrane discs which are bigger and have a snappier click reflex. Figured I'd attempt that after I've used both replacement keyboards I bought. Seems like alot but I'm #TeamQ10 all day everyday 😎

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 06:07 PM
    One caution with the compressed air. I did the same thing with my 9900 which was double typing. While it did reduce the double typing on the keyboard it blew dust up into my screen. I was never able to get rid of that. It looked pretty terrible.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 07:58 PM
    One caution with the compressed air. I did the same thing with my 9900 which was double typing. While it did reduce the double typing on the keyboard it blew dust up into my screen. I was never able to get rid of that. It looked pretty terrible.

Posted via CB10
    THIS! Glad someone said it.

However, I am very impressed with your experiment. Perhaps blowing the dust and other particles away from the screen is the easiest way to get around the issue?

Jake
    03-03-15 08:31 PM