When I use my notebook (Mac), there is a LED that tells you the camera is on. So you have a heads up someone can see you!

On the Q10, is there a way to disable the forward facing camera or at least some sort of notification that it is in use?
    I believe in Blackberry's track record with regard to security, but I also believe in hackers abilities as well, so it would be nice to know that the phone is not being used to spy.. Governments notwithstanding

Of course, I realize that if there were a rogue app that could turn on the camera without knowledge, it could also enable camera or disable notifications were there such a knob.
    11-28-13 06:22 PM
    When I use my notebook (Mac), there is a LED that tells you the camera is on. So you have a heads up someone can see you!

On the Q10, is there a way to disable the forward facing camera or at least some sort of notification that it is in use?
    I believe in Blackberry's track record with regard to security, but I also believe in hackers abilities as well, so it would be nice to know that the phone is not being used to spy.. Governments notwithstanding

Of course, I realize that if there were a rogue app that could turn on the camera without knowledge, it could also enable camera or disable notifications were there such a knob.
    Ohh god! we went to that point? lol... I guess this whole NSA is getting scary.. if they need to spy one someone they will do it no matter what..
    11-28-13 10:39 PM
    Guess you can just put a small black sticker to cover it. But as long as you use electronic devices running on network I think it's possible to be exploited.

Posted via the Amazing Q10 10.2.0.415
    11-28-13 11:19 PM
    Ohh god! we went to that point? lol... I guess this whole NSA is getting scary.. if they need to spy one someone they will do it no matter what..
    I don't mind the Governments or NSA so much. What they see would only be used in court, so since I'm not doing anything, I have nothing to worry about. I'm more worried about the third parties or hackers. And for the same reason, I revoke access to certain apps that require combinations of camera/video camera and internet or GPS if I feel they don't need to have this information. I'll delete an app and miss it before I allow it to be used or misused on my phone.

Guess you can just put a small black sticker to cover it. But as long as you use electronic devices running on network I think it's possible to be exploited.

Posted via the Amazing Q10 10.2.0.415
    The only trusted network is one that is not connected. I get that. I was thinking electrical tape too, but then I might just get a screen protector and and a permanent blocker over that. If I need a shot of myself (Which I never do!), I could peel back the whole protector. Too much work as I'd rather there be a setting that can do this and always use my phone naked anyway.
    11-29-13 08:36 PM
    Have you tried using the parental controls? It seems to me that's your ticket.

Posted via CB10
    melander likes this.
    11-29-13 09:08 PM
    Have you tried using the parental controls? It seems to me that's your ticket.

Posted via CB10
    Perfect. Thanks woofhaven.

With parental controls I can now disable the camera most of the day and only turn it on when I need it!
    The other neat thing is it appears that turning on parental controls seems to open a different profile, so the background and ap list are different and when you turn it off, the background and app list goes back to the original setup.
    11-30-13 08:43 AM