will i be able to print docs and email directly from the Q10 via usb or even bluetooth ?
    05-14-13 08:05 AM
    Not directly, as there is no print spooler in the Q10. There are third party apps that will allow you to send supported documents to a PC to have them print. For example, you could send a PDF or a Word document and it will print.

There are also printers that can be setup so you email a file to the printer's address and the file will print.
    didgit likes this.
    05-14-13 08:32 AM
    This is how I print from my Q10 -without any app - assuming u have a gmail account and use Google chrome

- go to Google Cloud Print in ur phone browser
    https://www.google.com/cloudprint/‎ Or go to settings on your desktop Chrome Browser

_ click on Google cloud print. Settings - it may ask u to log in with ur gmail account.
    - u can either add a Classic printer or a cloud printer.
    I have a simple laser jet hardwired to my office desktop pc so all I had to do was use my desktop browser n add the printer through the classic printer settings.
    - using the link. Above from my phone browser I den jus select the file I want to print by clicking the print button a file browser shows up u upload ur file n choose ur printer page layouts and other settings n it prints right away provided ur printer is online that's it. The printer setup is jus a one time thing u do and ur printers are saved to ur id.
    joeyjay likes this.
    04-06-14 03:09 PM
    And share all your documents with Google. What a "nice" feature.

the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear
    04-06-14 06:35 PM
    PrintHand will allow you to print to most network printers (Ethernet or wireless). It's a little pricey and there are some limitations, but thus far it's been the best printing solution I've found for BB10.

I've found the following things help make it easier to print from the app:

1. If your printer supports it, turn on SMB printing. While Samba can be used for file sharing, it can also be used for printer sharing. A lot of business grade devices offer this option.

2. If PrintHand doesn't have your exact model in its device listing, make sure that there isn't a sister model, or a slightly older model that's built on the same platform that is included. An example of the former would be a series that has two different page per minute speeds available. An example of the latter would be something like the LaserJet 4250 and 4350: both are built off the same platform, except the 4350 offers a slightly better feature set.

3. Most inkjet printers will have issues. Often, to cut down on costs, the manufacturer will remove the control and spooling functions from the machine and offload that job to the computer. The app will have issues with any type of host based printer like this: jobs may not output correctly, or they may not work at all.

4. If possible, use LPR printing: it's good and stable. You will also need a queue name, and most manufacturers have a default LPR queue name. HP's is auto, Ricoh's is lp, some devices are fine with just PORT1. It can usually be found in the documentation, or with an online search.
    It's especially good since PrintHand is an Android port and LPR was originally a Unix process.

Thus far I've had no issues using most of my devices with the app. Out of twelve printers, only one hasn't worked with it.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 05:08 AM