06-25-13 07:51 AM
- Well, as I stated in a previous post, I had a Q10 for about a week. In that time I came to appreciate the quality of the hardware and found BB10 to be a mixed bag. I ultimately returned the device (sent it back to VZW telephone sales on Monday) and decided to hold on to my iPhone 4S to see what iOS 7 and the next iPhone brings to the table. I also intended to keep an eye on BB10 as it matures over the next few months, although I didn't (and still don't) expect 10.2 (a big update, as I understand it) to arrive before the next iPhone.
And then it happened... This morning I realized that I want to give the Q10 and BB10 another shot. I can't quite explain why, but the Q10 and BB10 are such a refreshing change from iOS that even after only five days I find myself eager to try them again. I'm nuts, no doubt, but I expect to be heading to the VZW store this afternoon to get another Q10. I have a few questions, however, before I start this process all over again.
- How do I stop Facebook and Twitter from downloading contacts and royally messing up all of my proper contacts? I tried everything I could but found that no matter what I did, Facebook and Twitter would always download contacts directly from those services regardless of settings. And to be clear here, I'm not talking about hiding Facebook and Twitter contacts. I'm talking about not even downloading them in the first place.
- Has anyone installed BeBuzz? According to the description of this app, it will force the Hub to refresh when entering and leaving the Hub. If this is true, then this should take care of my displeasure in the significant delays with push/pull of IMAP e-mail status. So, if anyone uses this app, does it work with regards to refreshing the Hub and IMAP status?
It's a short list, but two issues that I would love to get resolved sooner rather than later. On a side note, I'm also considering the flip case this go around... anyone have one that would care to share an opinion on the case?
Thanks.06-21-13 10:53 AM
'E-Mail Auto Sync' when entering/exiting Hub keeps your e-mail accounts in sync at all times. No battery drain! Better than increasing the e-mail account sync frequency!
So, say I get an e-mail into my Gmail account. I enter the Hub and read it. Typically this read status will not be pushed back to Google until the next sync interval. However, with BeBuzz, as soon as I leave the Hub, the Hub is refreshed and, therefore, the read status is pushed back to Google (and in turn, all of my other devices) instantly?06-21-13 11:09 AM
Thanks for the info.06-21-13 11:13 AM
- 06-21-13 11:14 AM
- Interesting... my experience (although limited to a week) was that no matter what I did, declined, turned off, etc., Facebook would always download the contacts from my Facebook account. Perhaps I just missed something when installing Facebook. I suppose I can always try again and, worse case, uninstall Facebook and/or wipe the phone clean.
Posted via CB1006-21-13 11:21 AM
- If I recall correctly I couln't stop Facebook or Twitter from downloading contacts at first setup. What I did do was go to contacts - swipe down - settings and then turned off both FB and Twitter on the option 'show account in contact list'. After doing that the contacts that were added from FB/Twitter and that weren't in my 'regular' contact list were deleted. The ones that were linked to an existing contact had to be unlinked one at a time for them to disappear and return to a regular contacts only state, if that makes sense. So compared to previous similar statements, I did it the other way around. Not sure if or how much of a difference that makes though.06-21-13 11:27 AM
- 06-21-13 11:39 AM
- Just thought of another question: does the "Connect to Dropbox" app have to remain installed once I have successfully connected to Dropbox? I'm searching for the answer in the forums, but with 99 results returned and so far none of them offering the answer, I thought I'd ask.06-21-13 11:55 AM
- When I set up my Z10, I just erased any Facebook contacts I didn't want, and they never came back. The contacts were not erased from Facebook. Erasing them individually was not the most efficient way to manage them, but I only did it once, and they've stayed the hell off my phone.
Edit: I continue to have Facebook contacts on, and I do have some Facebook people in my contacts, I don't know if that helps with the erased contacts staying away or not.
Posted from my T-Mobile Z10, no longer on the Sprint Meh network.06-21-13 12:15 PMLike 1
- When I set up my Z10, I just erased any Facebook contacts I didn't want, and they never came back. The contacts were not erased from Facebook. Erasing them individually was not the most efficient way to manage them, but I only did it once, and they've stayed the hell off my phone.06-21-13 12:38 PM
- If you turn off fb on your contacts setting. You wont be able to see any fb contacts if you search them in your contact. But if you use the universal search then yes, I'm sure they'll pop up while searching them. I believe that is why its called universal search.06-21-13 01:41 PM
- I'm not sure how, but as others have commented here my Facebook and Linkein contacts have been populated in my contacts list (even though I had the settings to sync contacts set to off). Now I can't even add a contact, and my whole contact list is messed up (sometimes when I scroll through the list the list just goes blank and I can't do anything except close out of the contact area and open it again.) This is very frustrating - I don't want my Facebook contacts in my contact list. They should be separate. I had already manually deleted some of these contacts when I first got the phone and they re-appeared.
This is a really terrible issue. I sincerely hope BB is working on fixing this...06-25-13 07:51 AM
- By mikegcox in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 198Last Post: 03-14-13, 06:23 AM
- By Andy Thatcher in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 8Last Post: 05-04-11, 10:42 AM
- By himynameiscody in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 2Last Post: 04-08-10, 08:44 AM
- By ms2spoiled in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-29-09, 09:07 AM
- By kuhlen in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 1Last Post: 09-29-07, 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD