Just wondering if Rogers wireless has disabled visual voicemail as I am using a leaked os + still have vvm on my value pack!?

Can anybody chime in yet?

Sent on blackberry Q10 SQN-3 w/ leak 10.2.0.1767 OS
    10-23-13 02:23 PM
    The version rogers is releasing is 10.2.0.1797, which visual voice mail worked fine on when it leaked so I see no reason it shouldn't work on the official. That said, i'm not about to downgrade from 10.2.1 to find out.
    10-23-13 02:36 PM
    Oooh how is 10.2.1?

Sent on blackberry Q10 SQN-3 w/ leak 10.2.0.1767 OS
    10-23-13 06:46 PM
    I get this when trying to activate vvm on Rogers with official 10.2. I am, however, getting vm to text and mms of the vm which never worked before but I just can't setup the built in vvm.
    Did Rogers wireless disable visual voicemail on 10.2 carrier update?-img_00001246.png

(I *am* subscribed to vvm)

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10.
    10-23-13 11:27 PM
    Are you subscribed to 'BlackBerry' visual voice mail ?

Posted via CB10
    I have no idea...I assumed VVM was VVM. Are you telling me there's a difference between VVM and "BlackBerry VVM"? I'll have to ask my Rogers rep I guess...
    10-24-13 07:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 07:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have no idea...I assumed VVM was VVM. Are you telling me there's a difference between VVM and "BlackBerry VVM"? I'll have to ask my Rogers rep I guess...
    10-24-13 09:11 AM
    Damn that's true, I have the Leaked version of this official os and don't know if I should update this "25 MB" update just to get it official.

VVM works fine in this leaked version.

HamuZ10 @ 10.2.0.424
    10-24-13 09:16 AM
    Damn that's true, I have the Leaked version of this official os and don't know if I should update this "25 MB" update just to get it official.

VVM works fine in this leaked version.

HamuZ10 @ 10.2.0.424
    Hey..any chance you could post a screenshot of the VVM settings? I'm just looking for some proof for when Rogers tries to tell me that it doesn't work on BB10.
    10-24-13 09:35 AM
    Hey..any chance you could post a screenshot of the VVM settings? I'm just looking for some proof for when Rogers tries to tell me that it doesn't work on BB10.
    Crap... you couldn't have caught me at a worst time, I just left Toronto a couple days ago, I'm in India now then heading to Dubai, won't be back home for 3 weeks.

I have an Indian Airtel SIM card in right now, once I booted up my phone with this sim, VVM went away. I'm sure it'll come right back when I put my Rogers card back in.

HamuZ10 @ 10.2.0.424
    10-24-13 09:52 AM
    I know when I look at my account on Rogers.com is specified bb visual voicemail, I'll see if I can grab a screen shot in a bit.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 09:54 AM
    There.. it says visual voicemail plus - BB

Did Rogers wireless disable visual voicemail on 10.2 carrier update?-img_00001236.png

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 09:58 AM
    Yes that is correct every value pack has a slightly different provisioning for visual voicemail and current vp's DO NOT include vvm and vm to text is now the norm. However you can still special request vvm for iPhone only. So if you have the older value pack which includes vvm do not change or risk losing that feature.

Sent from my SGH-I957R using CB Forums mobile app
    10-24-13 01:37 PM
    Had a similar issue, subscribed to VVM+ but was not working, nor was I receiving the texts. Just called Rogers and they re-provisioned the VVM. I updated to official 10.2 last night and can happily report VVM is now native and working on my Rogers Q10. A very simple setup through the Visual Voicemail screen (phone screen --> settings --> voicemail -- visual voicemail) and now I'm a happy camper. No clunky third party apps!
    10-24-13 02:15 PM
    I think people are misunderstanding what I'm talking about!

1st off about a few weeks ago rogers quietly deprivisioned vvm on current value packs BUT for whatever reason upon request is stil avail for iPhone u just have to add the correct value pack code.

HOWEVER if you have an older value pack with visual voicemail it will work seamlessly. Vvm is natively built into the bbos10. As long it's not deprivisioned off your account your fine.
    Making clear wires don't get crossed with this post!

**ps>most customers are not aware that current value packs only support voicemail to text only but is an alt option for iPhone as that separate package does exist!

Posted via CB10 Q10 SQN-3 w/official 10.2.0.424
    10-24-13 02:49 PM
    Well my plan is a corporate plan. Yesterday they provisioned vvm for me (I got 2 texts confirming it.."Your Visual Voicemail is ready to activate! Download the app now - click on http://rogers.com/m/bbvvm then open the app & follow the prompts" and then a 2nd stating, "If voicemail is not yet set up press&hold 1 on phone&follow prompts. Voicemail msgs will be sent via MMS. info: http://rogers.com/m/vvm"

I emailed them asking for VVM for BB and they changed it and I received the 1st text message above again, but not the 2nd one this time.

Yesterday's change got me vm to text and mms of my vm. Today, I'm back to the vm notification telling me I have vm waiting. When I try to setup vvm, it now prompts me to enter a new password but after I do that, I get, "Can't connect to Visual Voicemail. Try changing your password later." (yesterday I couldn't get to the new password screen - just told me my account wasn't setup for vvm)

Thoughts?
    10-24-13 03:07 PM
    I had the same screen when attempting to set up the VVM. "Can't connect to Visual Voicemail. Try changing your password later". When I called Rogers they said VVM had 'slipped off my account'. They quickly re-set and I was able to get past that screen afterward. They did a complete reset of my VM so old messages were lost. The new temp password was the last four digits of my phone number but I entered a different password in the in the password screen and it said it was successfully changed.
    I think that link they send for the app is for the older Bold models. Doesn't work for me.
    Maybe give Rogers another call to have them re-set again?
    10-24-13 03:30 PM
    Thanks...I will give that a try....fingers crossed!

(And yes, the link is for the legacy bb devices as they needed an app)
    10-24-13 03:42 PM
    Just called Rogers...they're saying they're having some provisioning delays today for voice and data so it *should* start to work. He did confirm that I was setup for VVM Plus for BB so should be good to go once the provisioning goes through.
    10-24-13 04:01 PM
    Well my plan is a corporate plan. Yesterday they provisioned vvm for me (I got 2 texts confirming it.."Your Visual Voicemail is ready to activate! Download the app now - click on http://rogers.com/m/bbvvm then open the app & follow the prompts" and then a 2nd stating, "If voicemail is not yet set up press&hold 1 on phone&follow prompts. Voicemail msgs will be sent via MMS. info: http://rogers.com/m/vvm"

I emailed them asking for VVM for BB and they changed it and I received the 1st text message above again, but not the 2nd one this time.

Yesterday's change got me vm to text and mms of my vm. Today, I'm back to the vm notification telling me I have vm waiting. When I try to setup vvm, it now prompts me to enter a new password but after I do that, I get, "Can't connect to Visual Voicemail. Try changing your password later." (yesterday I couldn't get to the new password screen - just told me my account wasn't setup for vvm)

Thoughts?
    In your case it has bees deprivisioned off your account. Like I said if you previously had a vvm valuepack prior to Feb 2013 and none of the provisioning got changed the you will be able to use vvm native in bbos10. If not then only recourse is voicemail sent to your phone as text.

Ask your Corp rep why rogers did this!? There was no warning or even campaign. I believe Oct 2013 was when vvm was decommissioned with current in market value packs. Oddly tho its still an upon request vvm vp pack u can ask for if u have an iPhone.

I've always used leaks and have always had it working at least as part of my service roster but then again I made sure no changes were made to my value pack.

Posted via CB10 Q10 SQN-3 w/official 10.2.0.424
    10-24-13 10:09 PM
    Well, now I'm down to no VVM The option vanished from my Voicemail setup. Rogers suspects there is a bug and I'd have to reload my OS to get it back. I'm not doing that just to lose it again.

Ugh. Back to plain old voicemail unless I can get them to enable vm to sms / mms for free on my corp plan.
    10-25-13 12:22 PM