I got it fixed by going over every option inside the setup page, when going into config I made sure I had. Hacked every option making changes and then going back out, even on the BlackBerry ID I made a change on the security question. Only after doing that I got it fixed. I did it with two phones, my girlfriends and mine.
    I have touched every setting, tutorial, menu item, etc. that I can find. Several times. A very tedious process. Yet, "setup complete" eludes me. Factory-reset may be my only recourse. In that case, I will wait until the next official 10.3 release is available. (FWIW, I was happy with my upgrade to OS 10.3.1.1151 until this issue popped up on its own a couple days afterwards.)
    Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1151
    11-28-14 10:51 PM
    I have touched every setting, tutorial, menu item, etc. that I can find. Several times. A very tedious process. Yet, "setup complete" eludes me. Factory-reset may be my only recourse. In that case, I will wait until the next official 10.3 release is available. (FWIW, I was happy with my upgrade to OS 10.3.1.1151 until this issue popped up on its own a couple days afterwards.)
    Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1151
    Did you even go into BlackBerry ID to make changes? I even went over the whole gestures tutorial, skipping fwd everything I could... it sucks, but I got it fixed that way.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 12:27 PM
    Did you even go into BlackBerry ID to make changes? I even went over the whole gestures tutorial, skipping fwd everything I could... it sucks, but I got it fixed that way.
    Yep. I changed BB ID name, password, properties, etc. I performed every step of each tutorial, skipping none. All, several times. No joy. Thanks.
    11-29-14 01:48 PM
    Yep. I changed BB ID name, password, properties, etc. I performed every step of each tutorial, skipping none. All, several times. No joy. Thanks.
    Crap, I guess I was lucky enough to get it working on two phones, believe me, I tried hard. Can't think of anything else though. It really sucks, I know it cause I've been there..

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 11:19 PM
    Crap, I guess I was lucky enough to get it working on two phones, believe me, I tried hard. Can't think of anything else though. It really sucks, I know it cause I've been there..
    Thanks. I appreciate your help. What model phones did you fix? I assume that both phones are running OS 10.2.0.1157.

Recap: I am on Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1151. This issue appeared a couple days after I had upgraded to the OS and I have been trying almost daily to resolve it. This post (#1081) shows that I completed the setup on my phone.
    11-30-14 10:55 AM
    The problem is truly simple and easy to fix! Navigate through the home screen and tap on setup! Use wifi to do the set up fro region and updates! That settles it

Posted via CB10
    I tried that and it didn't fix the problem.

via CB10 on Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    12-12-14 05:08 AM
    I tried that and it didn't fix the problem.

You're having problem on the STL100-1 on 10.2.1??

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 05:23 AM
    Had this issue recently, and after a few frustrating minutes, discovered BlackBerry Protect was off. Once turned on, the setup error disappeared.
    12-19-14 09:22 AM
    Had this issue recently, and after a few frustrating minutes, discovered BlackBerry Protect was off. Once turned on, the setup error disappeared.
    I had turned on BlackBerry Protect and it is still on. I even toggled it off and then on, for good measure. I think Protect is not an issue in my case. Thanks for Your help.
    12-19-14 11:15 AM
    I had turned on BlackBerry Protect and it is still on. I even toggled it off and then on, for good measure. I think Protect is not an issue in my case. Thanks for Your help.
    Have you tried downloading Blend, which updates Link, and if you did, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Link?
    12-19-14 11:45 AM
    type oobe:// in browser and go for it the intial setup will appear do it step by step and when finish turnoff the phone remove batry and put it on try it... i was soo annoyed with it almost up to use autoloader again.. but i was just missing one setting at last accessibility ... i m sure you are missing something in setting .. dont giveup try it
    12-19-14 02:36 PM
    Have you tried downloading Blend, which updates Link, and if you did, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Link?
    Yes to both questions. My issue persists. Thanks, though.
    12-19-14 10:26 PM
    type oobe:// in browser and go for it the intial setup will appear do it step by step and when finish turnoff the phone remove batry and put it on try it... i was soo annoyed with it almost up to use autoloader again.. but i was just missing one setting at last accessibility ... i m sure you are missing something in setting .. dont giveup try it
    For G_d sake kiddo, read the dang thread!
    12-19-14 10:38 PM
    Thanks for your encouragement. I'll keep at it.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-19-14 11:04 PM
    There may be settings in the e-screen that I could modify, which might force the "setup completed" state. I'll explore that when I can get into my phone's e-screen. So far, escreen:// does not accept any keys that I have entered. Maybe the key generator doesn't work for 10.3.1?
    Last edited by eywong; 12-20-14 at 02:44 PM.
    12-20-14 09:34 AM
    Wow.. you held on really long. Good job. Did you manage to get it fixed?

I couldn't wait long since I needed my data (this problem meant I can't restore from a backup) so after I tried everything and still have the problem (yes, i tried everything suggested in this thread because I managed to find the same suggestions elsewhere), I decided to do a reload with Link which fixed the problem. Hope you don't have to do that.

12-27-14 06:27 PM
    Wow.. you held on really long. Good job. Did you manage to get it fixed?

I couldn't wait long since I needed my data (this problem meant I can't restore from a backup) so after I tried everything and still have the problem (yes, i tried everything suggested in this thread because I managed to find the same suggestions elsewhere), I decided to do a reload with Link which fixed the problem. Hope you don't have to do that.
    Alas, I am unable to fix the problem without also doing a factory reset, so I continue to bide my time. To avoid catastrophic data loss, I periodically back up my phone's data with Ultimate Backup and InTouchApp.
    Last edited by eywong; 12-28-14 at 07:40 AM.
    12-28-14 01:05 AM
    This issue is resolved. On my phone, anyway. I hope it persists. BlackBerry Link and Sachesi can now communicate with my phone via USB again. I even upgraded my phone's software to SR 10.3.1.747 via Sachesi.

Apparently, the phone healed itself on its own. A week ago, while I was composing an e-mail on the phone, a popup stating that I had completed setup of my phone unexpectedly appeared. When I connected my phone to my PC, I didn't get the "you must complete setup" message. A stroke of good fortune? I'm happy.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1154
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-15-15 11:24 AM
    That's good to hear. But also not good because it sounds like it's clearly a bug, not because you neglected to do something.. I couldn't wait as long as you did. Well done!

01-15-15 06:22 PM
    Definitely a bug, I'll be playing around with a new software update today so I'm hoping I won't get this same issue again

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 08:08 AM
    I had the same issue but was able to fix it. I thought I'd share the info here.
    05-13-15 04:20 PM
    I had the same issue but was able to fix it. I thought I'd share the info here.
    I think we all did that (completing setup and connecting to mobile or wi-fi network), thing is we still had the issue after that. Still, thanks for your feedback and the link!

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 08:51 AM
    Just loaded 10.3.2.798 and got the same message when trying to restore after a wipe. The message will only appear once in the hub. If you miss the message, add an account. In my case I added a twitter account and the device connected to BB Link. Definitely a bug.
    06-03-15 12:56 AM
    Nothing seems to be working..

I have BB Q10 with latest OS

I didn't do a hard reset.. Because i have too much stuff in my cellphone and don't wanna go through the annoying process of reinstalling apps and moving stuff back to cellphone..

So anyone who had this complete setup issue resolved do let me know..
    09-16-16 05:13 PM
49 12