I have a weird problem today. I connected my Q10 to my computer and it asked for my device password. I put it in and it wouldn't accept it. I try a couple of time and pretty soon I am at try 5/10 and see a warning that at the 10th try my device will be wiped clean. I have then very carefully entered the password again and it has not been accepted. I am very sure that I remember the password correctly. I have had the same password for half a year and there is no way I have forgotten it. I think it is a bug that that has come in and it is not accepting the password. I turned power off and took off the battery and tried again, and it didn't work.

I am at try 7/10 now. What are my options? I have my BlackBerry ID, can that help to reset device password? Administrators at my Company are saying that they can't help. I need help.

SSPPSS
    04-28-16 02:32 PM
    If this is happening on your computer, have you tried disconnecting your phone and unlocking it there?

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    04-28-16 02:38 PM
    There is nothing you can do. If you don't enter the correct password, a wipe will occur. It is unavoidable. After the wipe, you will be asked to enter your BlackBerry ID. If you don't remember that, you will own a brick.
    04-28-16 03:44 PM
    LordCrankypants, Conite,

Thanks for your prompt replies.

After the problem became visible, I disconnected the micro-USB cable and tried the password (didn't work).

I do know my BlackBerry ID (The one I use for logging at BlackBerry site), hopefully that should work. Can I use that on Web to reset the device password?

Am I am totally out of options?

Has anyone seen this issue before?

For the life of me I can't figure out why my password is getting rejected--I checked and entered again and again. This is a password I know very well.
    04-28-16 04:15 PM
    You can't change your device password on anything other than your device.

After the wipe, you will need to use the current BBID of your device. Do not try to change it or delete it online.
    04-28-16 04:28 PM
    Just to confirm - Can I login to BlackBerry.com site with BlackBerry ID and change my device password?

I hear you say no. Can you confirm?
    04-28-16 04:32 PM
    This looks similar to the problem I have had: https://support.t-mobile.com/thread/...art=0&tstart=0
    04-28-16 04:33 PM
    Just to confirm - Can I login to BlackBerry.com site with BlackBerry ID and change my device password?

I hear you say no. Can you confirm?
    You cannot change your device password online.
    04-28-16 04:44 PM
    That is good to know. Thanks.

If I take my phone to neighborhood repair shops, can they help?

This is a company BlackBerry, so can my company reset the device password?
    04-28-16 05:48 PM
    That is good to know. Thanks.

If I take my phone to neighborhood repair shops, can they help?

This is a company BlackBerry, so can my company reset the device password?
    No. BlackBerry can't do it either. There is no way around it.
    04-28-16 05:50 PM