Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Re: Design Suggestion for BB10 N-Series

Quote Originally Posted by Skeevecr View Post
    I find all those TK designs to be very annoying as people rave over them despite them not being even remotely realistic due to their ability to ignore real-world considerations like ergonomics (a very tall screen looks good but would make a device unbalanced since the keyboard part is much lighter) or battery life.
    Not sure that I agree with this. I think that weighting makes a big difference. I love my 9810. When opened - it looks tall, and looks like it might be unbalanced. But it works great, and I am a speed demon typing on it compared to my android (which I need for Google Maps). I think that TK Justice would be great.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by grahamf View Post
    I was referring to the design, not the thickness. If RIM comes out ith something that looks like the TK victory but is as thick as the 9900 I'd love it.
    I'd be happier with an update to the actual 9900 than a tk victory since I would not be compromising the ergonomics of the device (top heavy and no room to hold it below the keyboard) just for the sake of an extra few mm of screen and if those screenshots that leaked have any bearing on reality it would seem to indicate that my chances of being happier with the eventual model are higher than yours.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by leejayh View Post
    Not sure that I agree with this. I think that weighting makes a big difference. I love my 9810. When opened - it looks tall, and looks like it might be unbalanced. But it works great, and I am a speed demon typing on it compared to my android (which I need for Google Maps). I think that TK Justice would be great.
    You are not comparing like with like though, in a 9810 it is basically just an inch or so of screen that gets added to the overall height when you slide it out without other things such as part of the battery being directly below it so you are gaining that height without impacting the centre of gravity which you would if you simply made a taller device, that is one of the big strengths of a slider, if you are happy to accept a device which is a bit thicker than others then you get to minimise your compromises when it comes to screen size and keyboard and why I hope that eventually we will see a bb10 slider to round out the form factors.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Hong View Post
    Bump for this...
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_V View Post
    Respectfully disagree. Phones are getting too thin. I like something I can hold on to. I have a 9900 for calls and sms/everything but Internet and a slab phone for internet. I wish rim wouldn't mess with the smiley keyboard an would make the phone whatever size is necessary so it has enough battery for a real, full day. Thin enough for a pocket is thin enough.
    Totally agree. I've held the Bold 9900 in my hand, and felt the sturdy build of it and the keyboard. If I didn't have my current Android Slider (HTC MyTouch 4G), which is also well built and sturdy, I'd have bought the Bold. The problem with my slider, (aside from the lackluster rubber, flat keyboard) and with most all of HTC phones is the horrendous battery life; I already know the battery on BB's are much better, having used a Torch. Also, I've held an S3 in my hand, sans a case. Although it's a 4.8 inch phone, it's an obscenely thin phone, made of flimsy plastic. Come on, now. I, too, prefer holding something substantial in my hand. Substantial doesn't necessarily mean thick, rather, like I said, sturdy and of PREMIUM quality. However, the pictures that we've all seen of the QWERTY phone, Dev Alpha C or otherwise do NOT look to be what I, and I hope most of you come to expect. We as QWERTY users and original BB loyalists deserve equal time with innovative design, as well as a similar, on par OS experience to the L-Series. I sincerely hope RIM delivers that on Jan. 30th.
    CrackBerry User

Wow, thanks for this. I'd actually purchase your design as is, instead of what we've seen so far. Ir's amazing, even in its most basic form factor, that users can come up with better looking design concepts than what we see from the company's own developers. Good job, @Alex Hong.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    PIN
    2ADA5538

This is the first time i'm really thinking in leaving QWERTY device and switch on the L-series (even if i hate to type on touchscreen... for example i never use mail, text or bbm on my playbook because of it). These new screenshots about the X10 (Dev Alpha C?) are all the opposite of what i'm waiting for in my new BB10 device.
    Now, i'm scared to be disapointed
    French Blacberry addict. Q10.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts

I would love to see the phone have a IR Blaster. The phone could replace all my remotes.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeNop View Post
    This is the first time i'm really thinking in leaving QWERTY device and switch on the L-series (even if i hate to type on touchscreen... for example i never use mail, text or bbm on my playbook because of it).
    I don't think people should think it is a bad thing that they are considering the l-series over the n-series, the vkb is just that good that all current qwerty users should try out the all touch model while they wait for n-series to launch.
    peter9477 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

At this time I'm buying a Z10 - HOWEVER, if they decide to make the X10 look like the Black Matte Porche Design phone, except without the row of buttons so the screen can be bigger, then I'm all for the X10!!!!!111!1!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12