I hope the Blackberry logo goes down to the bottom of the phone. The LCD display being pushed up a bit.

In this case, you have a smaller phone assuming its feasible. Then carrier logo can be printed at the back of the phone

- Charles
    09-27-12 09:38 PM
    I hope the Blackberry logo goes down to the bottom of the phone. The LCD display being pushed up a bit.

In this case, you have a smaller phone assuming its feasible. Then carrier logo can be printed at the back of the phone

- Charles
    *This is a render, and will not necessarily be what we see at launch.*

Agreed, Blackberry logo should go to the bottom & OLED display pushed up to allow for more bezel room. I'd like for a more square shape since that's what the theme for BB10 devices seems to be(square keyboard, device, etc).
    09-27-12 09:58 PM
    I like the N Series more than the L. But the leaked pics don't show any mouse (optical trackpad) which is worrying.

Also, it would be great to have a robust battery with atleast 400-hour standby (like Curve 8520).

Full HD video recording, LED light, native print/fax, gyroscope, video out, water proof, Adobe Flash support, FM radio, 4G LTE, etc. are some other cool features I expect in N.

Sent from my Curve 8520
    10-03-12 06:50 AM
    Take the TK Victory, make the thinness realistic, make the screen square, and add another centimetre to the chin below the keyboard to make it easier to type.

And put a proper camera with flash on it.
    10-03-12 11:07 AM
    Duplicate the BB9000 keyboard on this build
    elliott436 likes this.
    10-06-12 01:33 AM
    I wish N series to be compact with a volume of just under 50 cu.cm (iPhone 5 - 55 cu.cm). The Bold 9900 has a volume of 79 cu.cm & Curve 8520 has a volume of 90 cu.cm.

Sent from my Curve 8520
    10-09-12 09:18 AM
    I wish N series to be compact with a volume of just under 50 cu.cm (iPhone 5 - 55 cu.cm). The Bold 9900 has a volume of 79 cu.cm & Curve 8520 has a volume of 90 cu.cm.

Sent from my Curve 8520
    Respectfully disagree. Phones are getting too thin. I like something I can hold on to. I have a 9900 for calls and sms/everything but Internet and a slab phone for internet. I wish rim wouldn't mess with the smiley keyboard an would make the phone whatever size is necessary so it has enough battery for a real, full day. Thin enough for a pocket is thin enough.
    Nels and anon(5506951) like this.
    10-09-12 05:11 PM
    Allow zoom in/out during recording of HD video.

Sent from my Curve 8520
    elliott436 likes this.
    10-12-12 04:33 AM
    Respectfully disagree. Phones are getting too thin. I like something I can hold on to. I have a 9900 for calls and sms/everything but Internet and a slab phone for internet. I wish rim wouldn't mess with the smiley keyboard an would make the phone whatever size is necessary so it has enough battery for a real, full day. Thin enough for a pocket is thin enough.

Yes i agree i love the feel and weight of the bold 9900 the keyboard is fantastic they need to keep those same elements.
    10-15-12 08:42 AM
    Allow zoom in/out during recording of HD video.

Sent from my Curve 8520

Another great idea that would be so awesome for that to be possible with the new phones.
    10-15-12 08:44 AM
    And i hope they will support the 64gb micro sd memory cards.
    steven4u2nv likes this.
    10-15-12 08:45 AM
    +1

Sent from my BlackBerry 9000 using Tapatalk
    10-18-12 07:51 AM
    Virtual faxing on a smartphone is possible, it just needs an app that can convert an image into an audio signal and communicate with a fax machine.
    10-22-12 08:35 AM
    Here the one that's in that leaked video.
    Design Suggestion for BB10 N-Series-1.jpg

My thoughts on it are that it looks too similar to the Bold 9900, and too different compared to the L-series.

1) Looking too similar can be a double edged sword. There are people who like the design of the 9900. But making it too similar might make people feel that its still the same ol' RIM. My thoughts are that since its a new platform, there should be a design that's very different from previous handsets. Don't get me wrong, i love the design of the 9900. But look at it this way, some movies are better when they only have 1. Normally the sequels ruin it, and they always seem like just an attempt to leverage on the success of the first film and make more money. To me, leave the 9900 alone. Its the best of the BBOS java based OS.

2) Being the same series of phone and release time close to the L-series, i just feel that it should take on the same design cues. The only separating factor should be that one is a full touch device, the other is a physical keyboard device. If you look at the Galaxy s2 and the Note, then the Galaxy s3 and Note 2, they share similar design cues. Example, the 9790 and 9860. Both have similar design cues, with the difference is only one is touch, one is physical. Same with the 9360 and 9380. However, perhaps the rumoured A-Series might be the one to share similar cues. Who knows.

But nonetheless, i did a little photoshopping and came up with this.

Design Suggestion for BB10 N-Series-2.jpg
    10-22-12 02:50 PM
    What if it followed a similar line as the torch series? That way you could have the same sized screen as the L-series device, at the expense of a slightly chunkier phone; then surely the keyboard wouldn't be so obtrusive to the touch sensitive border (assuming it would in the first place)?

Edit: scratch that, imagine how tall the phone would be?
    Last edited by Weeman5872; 10-22-12 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Lapse in common sense.
    10-22-12 04:26 PM
    another one based on the L-series that i did long time ago with the leaked image
    Design Suggestion for BB10 N-Series-3.jpg
    10-22-12 05:39 PM
    another one based on the L-series that i did long time ago with the leaked image
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	123596
    I actually really like that one. Well done.
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    10-24-12 12:18 PM
    Why is RIM ditching the curved keyboard? Ergonomically better to have it curved...no? I guess this is probably insignificant.
    I can see it allowing the screen to be a hair bigger.
    10-29-12 10:44 AM
    Why is RIM ditching the curved keyboard? Ergonomically better to have it curved...no? I guess this is probably insignificant.
    For two-handed typing, yes; the curved keyboard is better. But with the focus on one-handed typing, the straight keyboard puts the corner keys closer to the central gripping point, making it more ergonomic from that standpoint.
    10-29-12 01:09 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	123596
    This is exactly what I've been saying! RIM needs to see this. Why are they making the N-series exactly the same? I own a 9900 but they have to make it design coherent! Thank you for this design.
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    10-29-12 11:15 PM
    I like the TK Victory design. That would make a very awesome BlackBerry.

Hopefully they do make it, even if it's not the first N-series.
    10-29-12 11:36 PM
    This is exactly what I've been saying! RIM needs to see this. Why are they making the N-series exactly the same? I own a 9900 but they have to make it design coherent! Thank you for this design.
    I think they have two distinct schools of thought with these first two bb10 handhelds, with the L-series it is about moving as far away from their previous touch devices as possible to put more emphasis on the differences that bb10 brings to blackberry, but with the N-series it is about appealing to a specific crowd who already know they want a qwerty bb10 and thus they are building on a design that is already well liked and adding things that would enhance that such as the new display, chipset and of course bb10 itself.
    11-03-12 05:09 PM
    I like the TK Victory design. That would make a very awesome BlackBerry.

Hopefully they do make it, even if it's not the first N-series.
    I find all those TK designs to be very annoying as people rave over them despite them not being even remotely realistic due to their ability to ignore real-world considerations like ergonomics (a very tall screen looks good but would make a device unbalanced since the keyboard part is much lighter) or battery life.
    11-03-12 05:11 PM
    I think the curved keyboard was really more a stylistic touch than an ergonomic benefit.
    11-03-12 05:26 PM
    I find all those TK designs to be very annoying as people rave over them despite them not being even remotely realistic due to their ability to ignore real-world considerations like ergonomics (a very tall screen looks good but would make a device unbalanced since the keyboard part is much lighter) or battery life.
    I was referring to the design, not the thickness. If RIM comes out ith something that looks like the TK victory but is as thick as the 9900 I'd love it.
    11-03-12 08:19 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD