I have had the great opportunity of becoming a Demo Day Representative for BlackBerry to promote the Passport. However, as much as I love the specs of the phone, it is just too wide for me. I currently use a Z10, but I love the new keyboard! I haven't had a keyboard device since the 9810, and would like to come back over.

So I have a design suggestion and wonder what the Crackberry population thinks? The Q10 has a beautiful form factor. Hands down. What if BlackBerry kept the same keyboard look (4 rows of keys), but allowed the capability of the Passport keyboard (swipe and scroll functions). Also, better build quality/materials and more power, and I would convert to a Q10 no problem!

What do you guys think?
    BroncoVAL likes this.
    09-26-14 04:31 PM
    I wish I could do that with the keyboard on my q10 just a small track ball or something between g and h

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 04:39 PM
    That's a good idea. Maybe if the passport is successful we will see a phone like that. After all between 10.3 and 10.3.1 it should be supported well.

Posted via CB10
    Melliejoy likes this.
    09-26-14 05:30 PM
    I wish I could do that with the keyboard on my q10 just a small track ball or something between g and h

Posted via CB10
    This is an awesome idea! A smartphone version of the ThinkPad Trackpoint (the red nub in the keyboard on ThinkPads). They could tuck it in between T,Y,G & H.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 06:02 AM
    I'm assuming the classic is going to have the new touchpad keyboard, seeing as its being released after the passport. I'm probably wrong though, since I haven't done much research on the classic.
    09-28-14 06:24 AM
    I hope all the phones released after the passport will have the same touch capabilities. BlackBerry should OWN this milestone in keyboard technology and implement this on all their future kb devices.

Q10 SQN100-3 | Z30 STA100-2 | 10.2.1.3247 iPhone 4s IOS 7.xx
    09-28-14 06:54 AM
    I totally agree that the touch sensitive keyboard should become standard. I really miss being able to navigate around my phone without leaving finger grease on the screen. And, it opens up a ton of UI options where fine control of a cursor or pointer is required.

It is a 'tools vs toys' thing...

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 10:05 AM
    but it's a touchsreen ,some operations can't be make without fingers. i like it because i think it's more efficient .
    09-28-14 07:31 PM
    I think any pointer device or function around the G,H,T and Y keys would make a Q10 perfect. It's a natural thumb control area for device balance when operating with 1 or 2 hands.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 09:44 PM
    I'm assuming the classic is going to have the new touchpad keyboard, seeing as its being released after the passport. I'm probably wrong though, since I haven't done much research on the classic.
    The classic has a touch pad. The touch sensitive keyboard on top of that would be cool, but an unnecessarily expensive add on.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 09:24 AM