Why cant we delete a text message like an email by simply highlighting the text and pressing the delete key.Emails can do it why not texts. I see no reason why u have to click on "select more" to delete one message. I just find it annoying. They need to simplify some things and thats one of them.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 02:41 PM
    Not sure what you're referring to. Just hold down on the thread and then click the trash can. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 02:55 PM
    Not sure what you're referring to. Just hold down on the thread and then click the trash can. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

Posted via CB10
    That's how it was before the MR update. Pre-update from HUB could hold down any type of message and then hit the trash can to delete. Now since the MR update, that doesn't work. You have to tap to open the text message thread and then once open hit the 3 dots and select "End Chat"...major PITA

Posted via Verizon Q10 from Philly...
    10-07-13 03:22 PM
    That's not entirely the case.. you can trash the message without entering the thread... Once entered however, you have to tap the dots to end the "chat"... Tapping on a single post in the chat enables you to only delete that entry.. Redundant, maybe a little... Avoidable, yes..

From the Z...
    10-07-13 03:41 PM
    Should be able to just press delete and delete in rapid fire, machine gun succession, just like with Bold 9900.

Another example of moments of frustration vs delight.

So many functions are so much slower: try opening compose, or opening a text, or asking the device to recognize a contact..delays, delays, delays. Should be instant, but basically BBY designed this so that the cards don't run very smoothly or quickly.

One would think they would have addressed this up front and or in updates, but we now n=know not to expect much in this regard.
    10-07-13 03:50 PM
    That's not entirely the case.. you can trash the message without entering the thread... Once entered however, you have to tap the dots to end the "chat"... Tapping on a single post in the chat enables you to only delete that entry.. Redundant, maybe a little... Avoidable, yes..

From the Z...
    Not true... to delete indivdual SMS, you must enter the SMS in order to delete it; but you can delete multi-SMS by highlighting, and using select all.
    10-07-13 04:04 PM
    While in the HUB or in the SMS section you can tap and hold the message and it will enable you to trash the entire conversation at once.. unless we're talking two different things..?

From the Z...
    10-07-13 04:13 PM
    Not true... to delete indivdual SMS, you must enter the SMS in order to delete it; but you can delete multi-SMS by highlighting, and using select all.
    Deleting is slow and painful compared to what it should be. Any way you slice it.

So many basic functions are slow. It's not like they didn't have a roadmap or know what to do.

Deleting, texting, emailing, searching for contacts. We're talking BBY 101 here.

And yet they go backwards and all these functions are much slower/worse? I don't get it? We're they trying to ruin the company?
    10-07-13 04:16 PM
    While in the HUB or in the SMS section you can tap and hold the message and it will enable you to trash the entire conversation at once.. unless we're talking two different things..?

From the Z...
    Yes, that's slow. Press. Hold. Push delete. You used to just be able to hold down the delete key and everything in will be deleted in rapid fire succession. No longer. Of course, we all know about the bulk delete problems, which also takes longer and you better not get a message in the process.
    10-07-13 04:25 PM
    Well I'm running the latest offical T-Mobile (Q10SQN100-5/10.1.0.4780) and don't have this issue. Holding down on the thread and clicking on the trash can to delete, or choosing "select more" to selective delete multiple conversations works great.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 04:33 PM
    Well I'm running the latest offical T-Mobile (Q10SQN100-5/10.1.0.4780) and don't have this issue. Holding down on the thread and clicking on the trash can to delete, or choosing "select more" to selective delete multiple conversations works great.

Posted via CB10
    It works. You can't say it works "great" because it's worse than it used to be. So they went backwards on a basic function.

Yes, you can hold down and wait a bit and then hit delete vs just being able to press delete and have it delete in one motion in a fraction of a second. Same for texts as emails.

Bulk delete is broken as designed as is well documented. It works as long as you don't get a new text or email while you are trying to delete and before you press the trash can or delete button. At best, it's slower than it should be and at worst, it's a disaster and you have to repeat the process multiple times, over and over.

Then, there's the delay while it's actually deleting...paralyzing your device in the process.
    10-07-13 04:48 PM
    Yeah I understand the physical keyboard has that advantage, I still feel nostalgic towards it... but the HUB has already improved a lot since launch and it's getting better every upgrade (except for the slow start up after the battery died, which happens to me quite often and is another discussion on its own)..

And I still don't understand what the deal really is.. with the touchscreen there's tapping and holding for options.. that's the way it is with current touchscreen phones...

The only way I see they could speed up this process is utilising the right bezel for swiping in the options and have it readily available.... the gesture system could totally erase the need for a bottom toolbar and have all available options only a swipe away, but that's also another discussion...

From the Z...
    10-07-13 04:49 PM
    That's how it was before the MR update. Pre-update from HUB could hold down any type of message and then hit the trash can to delete. Now since the MR update, that doesn't work. You have to tap to open the text message thread and then once open hit the 3 dots and select "End Chat"...major PITA

Posted via Verizon Q10 from Philly...
    I've never had to do that. It's always been long press, delete from the main Hub.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 04:55 PM
    Yeah I understand the physical keyboard has that advantage, I still feel nostalgic towards it... but the HUB has already improved a lot since launch and it's getting better every upgrade (except for the slow start up after the battery died, which happens to me quite often and is another discussion on its own)..

And I still don't understand what the deal really is.. with the touchscreen there's tapping and holding for options.. that's the way it is with current touchscreen phones...

The only way I see they could speed up this process is utilising the right bezel for swiping in the options and have it readily available.... the gesture system could totally erase the need for a bottom toolbar and have all available options only a swipe away, but that's also another discussion...

From the Z...
    I'm talking about deleting from Q10, although I'm sure many of the delays and structural problems are common.
    10-07-13 04:58 PM
    Same reply to this as well. Just long press, delete.

Deleting a text message is annoying-img_00000772.png

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 04:59 PM
    It works. You can't say it works "great" because it's worse than it used to be. So they went backwards on a basic function.

Yes, you can hold down and wait a bit and then hit delete vs just being able to press delete and have it delete in one motion in a fraction of a second. Same for texts as emails.

Bulk delete is broken as designed as is well documented. It works as long as you don't get a new text or email while you are trying to delete and before you press the trash can or delete button. At best, it's slower than it should be and at worst, it's a disaster and you have to repeat the process multiple times, over and over.

Then, there's the delay while it's actually deleting...paralyzing your device in the process.
    I don't happen to consider the quarter second or so of holding down on the conversation to be "waiting a bit." I also don't have any noticeable delay when deleting and certainly wouldn't describe my device as "paralyzed" during the very short operation. It works great for me, and I probably have more going on in my HUB than most. How do Android and Iphones handle deleting messages? As they are for the most part full touch screen devices, I have to imagine it's a similar operation, although I could be wrong.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 05:08 PM
    Should be able to just press delete and delete in rapid fire, machine gun succession, just like with Bold 9900.

Another example of moments of frustration vs delight.

So many functions are so much slower: try opening compose, or opening a text, or asking the device to recognize a contact..delays, delays, delays. Should be instant, but basically BBY designed this so that the cards don't run very smoothly or quickly.

One would think they would have addressed this up front and or in updates, but we now n=know not to expect much in this regard.
    You can also long press on the date line and delete prior or select multiple entries and delete those in one shot, just like with the 99xx.

The delays portion I'm going to leave alone, that could be one or more of several things. There is no delay on my Z10, it's instant.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 05:08 PM
    I'm sorry I think I missed that somewhere..? I thought we were talking Z HUB here... Now I understand your gripe.. you're missing the keypad... the OS has no way of interpreting your button input without touching the screen to tell it what item the button is supposed to influence.. you need a 9900..! I still think the OS capable of making those chores really easy to handle if BlackBerry would go all in with the gesture system...

From the Z...
    10-07-13 05:09 PM
    I'm sorry I think I missed that somewhere..? I thought we were talking Z HUB here... Now I understand your gripe.. you're missing the keypad... the OS has no way of interpreting your button input without touching the screen to tell it what item the button is supposed to influence.. you need a 9900..! I still think the OS capable of making those chores really easy to handle if BlackBerry would go all in with the gesture system...

From the Z...
    I just backed out and looked, it's in the Q10 section. >.<

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 05:15 PM

Is everything ok at home SoxFan ?

Posted via my CB Q10
    Danny Ocean, quangtran1 and LWKING like this.
    10-07-13 05:37 PM
    Yeah I see that now.. after six months I still don't instinctively look at the sub titles.. if you hadn't said that I wouldn't even think of checking it... should check more often...

From the Z...
    10-07-13 05:37 PM
    You can delete a singke message you sent from the Text Message App ... press an hold your message and trash it, you will be asked to confrim
    doesn;t seem to be possible from inside the HUB App

the whole thread can be deleted when looking at it the message thread ... menu , trash
    10-07-13 05:45 PM
    You can also long press on the date line and delete prior or select multiple entries and delete those in one shot, just like with the 99xx.

The delays portion I'm going to leave alone, that could be one or more of several things. There is no delay on my Z10, it's instant.

Posted via CB10
    I have a keyboard and I understand all those things. You can long press and delete prior and wait. Virtually everything with this device has a lag/delay. That's all. In this day and age of making things faster, they made things slower. Try waiting for the device to delete 30 or 50 emails...delay (that's the paralysis I'm talking about..not waiting for one message to delete after you've pressed delete). Try to bulk highlight 30-50+ messages at a time and pray you don't get a text or an email before you hit delete or all your highlights disappear and you have to start the process again. Welcome to my morning ritual...becomes a game of cat and mouse to see if I can delete enough emails before having to repeat again. Not a fun way to start the day.

Or, press "C" to compose an email, and wait. Or "R" to reply to an email, and wait. The compose email screen will come up, but there's a lag. Or, start typing a contact's name and there's a lag in character recognition (longer than with previous BBY devices).

I will say that browsing is fast. Phew. But we're talking about delete here. It's like the developers didn't think productivity was important in a tool like this...but they had their benchmarks right there.
    10-07-13 05:55 PM
    I have a keyboard and I understand all those things. You can long press and delete prior and wait. Virtually everything with this device has a lag/delay. That's all. In this day and age of making things faster, they made things slower. Try waiting for the device to delete 30 or 50 emails...delay (that's the paralysis I'm talking about..not waiting for one message to delete after you've pressed delete). Try to bulk highlight 30-50+ messages at a time and pray you don't get a text or an email before you hit delete or all your highlights disappear and you have to start the process again. Welcome to my morning ritual...becomes a game of cat and mouse to see if I can delete enough emails before having to repeat again. Not a fun way to start the day.

Or, press "C" to compose an email, and wait. Or "R" to reply to an email, and wait. The compose email screen will come up, but there's a lag. Or, start typing a contact's name and there's a lag in character recognition (longer than with previous BBY devices).

I will say that browsing is fast. Phew. But we're talking about delete here. It's like the developers didn't think productivity was important in a tool like this...but they had their benchmarks right there.
    The Q10 isn't for you and neither is 10.2 or 10.3. You need an iphone.

When you get one please post a link to your imore forum posts

Posted via my CB Q10
    Danny Ocean and SharonRD like this.
    10-07-13 06:29 PM
    no he doesnt. the q10 should be able to do all this and then some

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 06:37 PM
26 12