Hello all,

I am not the type of smartphone fan who needs all the latest and greatest apps but lately I have come across 2 that would have been beneficial.

In any event the first one was excellent and I was able to download the apk without any issues. The second one wasn't bad but the performance wasn't great and in the end the mobile site had a better layout anyhow. I decided to delete it by long pressing it and clicking the trash can.

I want to make sure that the app is 100% gone from my phone and I was wondering how I would be able to confirm it since I had just downloaded the apk? With Blackberry World and Amazon App store you can see which apps are currently on your device, just wondering if I can do this when downloading Android apps through APK's?

Thanks for the help!

Posted via CB10
    01-27-16 01:10 AM
    Clicking the trash can, like you did, will uninstall the app from your phone even if you installed it via an APK. The APK file itself can remain on your phone as an installation file. To verify, you can go into Device Monitor and see if the app is still there under Storage. Also, if you have an Android file explorer like X-plore, you can see a list of your installed Android apps.

Although if you're on the latest version of the OS, the Android app won't uninstall even though the icon is gone, due to a bug.
    01-27-16 01:44 AM
    Try AppNinja from BBW. It shows you EVERYTHING about your installed apps:
    All apps, only native, only android, where is it installed from, memory used and a lot more. You can search for apps and also delete apps within AppNinja, so really, it is a killer app ;-)

Worth every penny, should be installed on every BB10 device.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-16 01:47 AM
    I want to make sure that the app is 100% gone from my phone and I was wondering how I would be able to confirm it since I had just downloaded the apk? With Blackberry World and Amazon App store you can see which apps are currently on your device, just wondering if I can do this when downloading Android apps through APK's?
    Be aware that there is a bug with latest BB10 OS update (10.3.2.2876) that will not fit with your concerns.
    Appears that when you delete an app only the shortcut is deleted, the app remains installed in the RT.

Please see here for the whole story and soluces : http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...lysis-1058115/
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    01-27-16 03:13 AM
    This is what am looking out for to know how to completely delete app and it's file from my phone. Am tired of deleting the app icon meanwhile the file still remain n occupy space within the phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-16 04:53 AM
    No BlackBerry people here. Right?

Posted via CB10
    01-27-16 07:36 AM
    This is what am looking out for to know how to completely delete app and it's file from my phone. Am tired of deleting the app icon meanwhile the file still remain n occupy space within the phone.

Posted via CB10
    That's a - hopefully temporary - bug.
    The link I posted above contains all you need to workaround.
    Needs some efforts but if you really want to get it sorted, there's no other option AFAIK.

@Rexnegro : CrackBerry is an independant fan-based site, some BlackBerry employees can be around, but as individuals.
    01-27-16 09:07 AM
    You have to use AppMng III which you can download from the Google App Store. Then you will surprisingly see your already deleted Apps apearing again. Just move them to SD card and delete them or delete them directly, just what works best. Hopes this helps.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-16 09:04 AM
    Paul, could you please add your suggestion to the thread listed in post #4 ?
    I believe, if confirmed working, it could be a good addition for other members !

Posted via CB10
    01-29-16 03:18 PM