So, just like like title says has delete from Mailbox and handheld or handheld only option made it way to the Q10 (BB 10.1)?

I have asked the question before in regard to what made the option available on BB 7 and older BB operating system with me getting two different answers: BIS and others said it was never related to BIS.
    icniagara likes this.
    05-15-13 06:29 PM
    I wish someone could shed some light on it as i find it annoying bcuz sometimes u need a mail just dont want it on bb.
    05-15-13 07:51 PM
    Yeah ditto, pretty annoying and time consuming!
    05-15-13 07:53 PM
    only from handheld ! from server if its not sync with your phone you must delete manually (gmail). In (outlook) if it sync all deleted mail from phone will be in deleted folder.
    really annoying.
    05-16-13 08:34 AM
    I think that people complaining about this absence are overlooking the word sync in activesync, it is designed for the mail account to be synched on each device connected to that account.
    chimpingtonUK likes this.
    05-16-13 09:26 AM
    don't be a cheesedick. People have been used to this feature for many years. They still want it. Who cares about the definitely of a sub-word of "activesync"
    05-16-13 09:53 AM
    Delete from Mailbox and handheld or handheld only option was a function of BIS, BIS is no longer available with the BB10 devices. The BB10 devices function similar to you home/work computer with regards to email management, if on your computer you log into your e-mail account and delete an e-mail, does it give you the option of only deleteing it on that computer,or the server, or computer and server, no it deletes it off the server, done, gone. And no BB is NOT going to bring BIS back, get over it.
    Harry_III_UK likes this.
    05-16-13 10:07 AM
    This may be useful or it may not.
    Assume you are using gmail. Then in your gmail folders you can gain access to deleted emails. If you accidentally delete an email on your phone that was important, go to your gmail account and undelete it.
    The delete from server as well as handheld option is really irrelevant nowadays with modern email servers, because "deleted" is just another folder on the server. You can delete from the deleted folder and the mail will really go away (except the copy kept by the DHS) but you need to do this from a desktop/laptop.
    05-16-13 10:16 AM
    don't be a cheesedick. People have been used to this feature for many years. They still want it. Who cares about the definitely of a sub-word of "activesync"
    As I post below, the nature of email has changed and this is why this feature really isn't relevant any more.
    05-16-13 10:17 AM
    This was such a useful option and I used it a lot. I am on day one of the Q10 and while I love lots of things about it I cannot for the life of me see why they dropped this option. In addition I cannot believe that while I can sync to the PC I cannot sync from the Q10. Surely this is fundamental!!!!! It is so basic that I would probably not have bought the phone if I had known this. Why didn't some of the reviewers point this out? I am dependent on Outlook.......
    05-16-13 10:48 AM
    Delete from Mailbox and handheld or handheld only option was a function of BIS, BIS is no longer available with the BB10 devices. The BB10 devices function similar to you home/work computer with regards to email management, if on your computer you log into your e-mail account and delete an e-mail, does it give you the option of only deleteing it on that computer,or the server, or computer and server, no it deletes it off the server, done, gone. And no BB is NOT going to bring BIS back, get over it.
    BIS isn't required for this. I can configure the IMAP software on my linux box to do various types of sync. All it requires is keeping a record of the message ID on the phone with no body and a "deleted on phone" flag.

Of course, any work takes time, and it appears other functionality took precedence over this. I hope they find the time to add it back in.

Posted via CB10
    icniagara likes this.
    05-16-13 12:10 PM
    I like the feature and I will be "getting over it" by moving away from blackberry. Really it does not matter what Blackberry does, as I will just make any decision based on what I can purchase with the features I want when it comes time to purchase a new phone.

But to be serious though, I have a BB7 device with that feature so I am good for 2 years or so along as the device does not fail on me after the warranty runs out.

I hope Blackbery adds this feature to BB10, but if they don't then I will roll with older BB devices as long I can get my hands on working models or my carrier shutdowns its blackberry bis.
    05-16-13 05:20 PM
    Yeah, but at home I have offline storage ability....
    Via pst files and the like.
    :-0

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 07:35 PM
    BIS isn't required for this. I can configure the IMAP software on my linux box to do various types of sync. All it requires is keeping a record of the message ID on the phone with no body and a "deleted on phone" flag.

Of course, any work takes time, and it appears other functionality took precedence over this. I hope they find the time to add it back in.

Posted via CB10
    Well you kind of proved the point. On your Linux box, which is the server, you cant set that up to work. For this to be feasible without BIS, the Google/Yahoo/every other isp server would have to be set up with those rules for their BB users who wanted it. BB is now using the same mail protocols as all the other smartphones, progress at it's finest.
    05-16-13 08:37 PM
    Well you kind of proved the point. On your Linux box, which is the server, you cant set that up to work. For this to be feasible without BIS, the Google/Yahoo/every other isp server would have to be set up with those rules for their BB users who wanted it. BB is now using the same mail protocols as all the other smartphones, progress at it's finest.
    Linux desktop, not server. I'm talking about my email *client*. BIS is not required for this. All the client does is compare changes on each side and decide how to resolve any differences. It's pretty simple to keep the ID of a message and label it synchronised, but not display it to the user and even delete the local copy of the message body. It's not some black art. IMAP is just a communications protocol. It doesn't dictate how you display things to the user. I develop low-level network software for a living - I'm not ignorant of how this stuff works.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 12:14 AM
    What I do is turn syncing to manual. I do it with one email account.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 02:25 AM
    so just to be sure. if i delete a email or read an email from my bb it does not translate that it was read or deleted to my inbox server? And if i do the same on my inbox it wont delete on my bb correct?
    07-07-13 01:29 PM
    This is a question with a 2 part answer. If you go to device settings, accounts, and click on an email account you choose whether to sync messages or not. If you check "yes", whatever action you take on your phone will occur to the entire account meaning if you delete on phone it deletes on tablet or laptop. However, it doesn't delete, it puts it in the trash can online so you could always restore it to your inbox. Now here's part 2. If you select "no" for sync messages, then when you take action on an email on your phone nothing happens to the online account. Deleted phone messages remain in your online inbox. So herein lies the problem. You cannot make the decision for individually received emails. You choose the setting for the entire account.

Posted via BlackBerry Q10. Best damn phone on the planet. This message will self destruct in 10 seconds...
    07-07-13 01:37 PM
    I don't mind the feature. It makes the phone more personal. If you don't need an e-mail on your phone, you surely wouldn't need it on your desktop. Plus, it serves as a reminder to check that e-mail, if you need it.
    07-07-13 02:13 PM
    I don't mind the feature. It makes the phone more personal. If you don't need an e-mail on your phone, you surely wouldn't need it on your desktop. Plus, it serves as a reminder to check that e-mail, if you need it.
    exactly. and if you bought a phone with a keyboard named BlackBerry, you're probably using it for business, so if you deemed the email unnecessary on your phone, it's unnecessary on your computer.

I agree it may clutter the main hub, but hey, I bet most are complaining about emails you can unsubscribe from--so unsubscribe from them.
    07-08-13 02:47 PM
    Wow, I can't agree with this. I receive MANY emails on my phone, especially with attachments, that can only be viewed and updated on my computer.

I know that when I delete the email on my Q10, it is put into the deleted (trash) folder on my computer.

I should not have to move the email from trash to another folder on my computer.

This is the main reason that I miss BIS...the ability to choose where and how I delete messages and manage my email accounts.

Posted via CB10
    torpesco likes this.
    07-08-13 04:41 PM
    Delete on handheld or delete on handheld and mailbox was a function of BIS for consumers.

BIS has gone in BB10 - so if your BB connects to the mailbox (say Gmail) using IMAP then there is no option to do that.

Delete an e-mail from your Q10 - and it has been deleted on your mailbox too after it next syncs.

Harry
    07-08-13 04:52 PM
    Wow, I can't agree with this. I receive MANY emails on my phone, especially with attachments, that can only be viewed and updated on my computer.

I know that when I delete the email on my Q10, it is put into the deleted (trash) folder on my computer.

I should not have to move the email from trash to another folder on my computer.

This is the main reason that I miss BIS...the ability to choose where and how I delete messages and manage my email accounts.

Posted via CB10
    I understand the issue, but a quick workaround is that you can flag/mark as read, I think that would be your best solution right now... It's synced with the account, so there's nothing we can really do except adapt, unless RIM decides to bring the function back.
    07-08-13 05:38 PM
    I understand the issue, but a quick workaround is that you can flag/mark as read, I think that would be your best solution right now... It's synced with the account, so there's nothing we can really do except adapt, unless RIM decides to bring the function back.
    I think a couple of useful threads are these:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...de-bis-786880/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...yncing-777774/

Note what Omnitech says here - which makes sense:

...But 4G LTE web-browsing power would have been severely crippled if web traffic had to be routed, as traditional Blackberries did, through BIS.
    All the best,

Harry
    07-08-13 05:47 PM
    I was thinking that not having this feature would suck too, but for me, it's not so bad because the e-mails I need to see on my PC will eventually be deleted, and those that remain on the phone just move down the list since you can see your e-mails chronologically from recent to older. Not a big deal if older e-mails are just sitting on the phone temporarily as far as I am concerned

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 05:48 PM
34 12