Hi guys,

i just realized today even when i choose delete from hub and server when deleting an email from gmail.
    it stays in my actual gmail. when i logged in on the computer today, i was left with over 200 emails i thought i had deleted.

how do i make sure it's deleted?
    also in emails/contacts basically any where with a list, is there a select all option? found myself having to select over 30+ stuffs manually all the time.

thanks
    03-10-14 06:18 PM
    Are you syncing your email accounts regularly?

Posted via Z10
    03-10-14 06:43 PM
    As far as a "delete all" feature in the Hub just long press on any date and then choose "delete all prior"...

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 07:54 PM
    And yeah there must be an issue with your sync settings or something went wrong when you set up Gmail in the hub...sometimes just deleting the account and adding it again will fix the problem.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 07:59 PM
    Hi guys,

i just realized today even when i choose delete from hub and server when deleting an email from gmail.
    it stays in my actual gmail
    . when i logged in on the computer today, i was left with over 200 emails i thought i had deleted.

how do i make sure it's deleted?
    also in emails/contacts basically any where with a list, is there a select all option? found myself having to select over 30+ stuffs manually all the time.

thanks
    Do you mean that when you delete email from your device, the email messages are actually being archive in Gmail and show in the "All Mail" label? If so, see this article for the settings to change that behaviour. How to prevent deleted Gmail messages from archiving when synced using IMAP | CrackBerry.com Be sure to get the IMAP and label setting exactly as shown, or it doesn't work.

It isn't really an issue. Gmail, by default, wants you to archive rather than delete. When you're using the Gmail web interface, you're overriding Gmail's default behaviour when you delete to trash. From your device you can't.

Hope this helps.
    southlander likes this.
    03-10-14 09:56 PM
    well it's set to sync every 5 minutes, but it doesn't.
    when i click "refresh" manually, it deletes immediately from the server.

Already tried deleting and readding gmail, still same problem =/
    03-10-14 09:57 PM
    Do you mean that when you delete email from your device, the email messages are actually being archive in Gmail and show in the "All Mail" label? If so, see this article for the settings to change that behaviour. How to prevent deleted Gmail messages from archiving when synced using IMAP | CrackBerry.com Be sure to get the IMAP and label setting exactly as shown, or it doesn't work.

It isn't really an issue. Gmail, by default, wants you to archive rather than delete. When you're using the Gmail web interface, you're overriding Gmail's default behaviour when you delete to trash. From your device you can't.

Hope this helps.
    nop that's not what i meant, when i delete an email from the phone i'd like it to be deleted from gmail server as well.
    but when i logon gmail from a browser, it's still there. unless i manually click refresh from phone.
    03-10-14 10:02 PM
    nop that's not what i meant, when i delete an email from the phone i'd like it to be deleted from gmail server as well.
    but when i logon gmail from a browser, it's still there. unless i manually click refresh from phone.
    Sorry to sound like a broken record, but are you certain that "Auto-Expunge off - Wait for the client to update the server." is selected? It sounds like the opposite of the setting you want, but it is the correct one. With this, your sync interval of 5 minutes should trigger the deletion.
    october88 likes this.
    03-10-14 10:22 PM
    Sorry to sound like a broken record, but are you certain that "Auto-Expunge off - Wait for the client to update the server." is selected? It sounds like the opposite of the setting you want, but it is the correct one. With this, your sync interval of 5 minutes should trigger the deletion.
    pardon my noobness, but where's this expunge off located at? can't seem to find it in the gmail settings

thank you
    03-10-14 10:47 PM
    pardon my noobness, but where's this expunge off located at? can't seem to find it in the gmail settings

thank you
    Settings > Forwarding and POP/IMAP. Second option under the IMAP Access category. See below. Click on the image to zoom.

Delete from Hub and Server, but Emails Still There?-imap.jpg
    03-10-14 10:58 PM
    Settings > Forwarding and POP/IMAP. Second option under the IMAP Access category. See below. Click on the image to zoom.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAP.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	148.4 KB 
ID:	254132
    oh thanks a lot!! i spent a lot of time looking for that on my phone lol
    gonna try if it works, will report back
    03-10-14 11:55 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAP.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	148.4 KB 
ID:	254132
    did that, still not working >.<
    emails are still in inbox in gmail, not even in "archive"
    and after changing to "wait for client to update server". the gmail on bb9900 wouldn't work....
    man this is hellya frustrating....
    03-11-14 07:21 AM
    It looks like there are several threads about this on various BB10 forums, including this one that I began myself. It still does not delete emails from both.
    03-11-14 01:17 PM