Last night I hooked up an HDMI cable to my Q10 to watch 12 Years a Slave on my TV (scored 12yrs during the recent 99 cent sale in bbb world!) but ran into some problems.

Every 20 minutes or so the sound would start factoring and making scratchy sounds. We double-checked the cable and made sure it was securely place on both ends. The only thing that would reset the sound was pausing the movie for a second and restarting it. This was pretty annoying seeing as how it was a long and poignant film.

Any thoughts on why this happened? Is my cable too long? It's of good quality and about five feet long.

Posted via my amazing Q10
    03-22-14 09:27 PM
    Last night I hooked up an HDMI cable to my Q10 to watch 12 Years a Slave on my TV (scored 12yrs during the recent 99 cent sale in bbb world!) but ran into some problems.

Every 20 minutes or so the sound would start factoring and making scratchy sounds. We double-checked the cable and made sure it was securely place on both ends. The only thing that would reset the sound was pausing the movie for a second and restarting it. This was pretty annoying seeing as how it was a long and poignant film.

Any thoughts on why this happened? Is my cable too long? It's of good quality and about five feet long.

I don't really know why but there is other in here having the same problem, and it sounds like it OS related.
    03-22-14 09:58 PM
    Try using the other HDMI port if you have one, also if there is another device plugged in to a port near it try unplugging it. You could be getting interference.
    03-23-14 12:02 AM
    I just tried listening to a couples songs earlier today through the HDMI port to my Harmon Kardon amp and noticed crackling sound as well. I thought it was because I was using Fastube or something, even though it was in HD. Might be OS related (just like what SIff stated).

Posted via Blackjack Q10
    03-23-14 12:33 AM
    I've tried this too and even turned on airplane mode. Maybe some app is screwing it. But if it's the OS then audio via HDMI is useless.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 01:58 AM
    Huh. I'm on the latest official release from Verizon.

I was hoping for something other than OS related. :-(

03-23-14 09:34 AM
    This has been happening to me too since the last update. Movie plays for 10-15 minutes, then starts to crackle. If I turn off the connection it works again for another 10-15 minutes.

Not sure if it is Z10 or TV set.
    04-02-14 07:43 PM
    I think it's the update. I tested it with a different TV and same problem.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 06:00 PM
    Sure its not the cable? I have 2 cables. Crackling sound on one and no issues when I use the other cable.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 07:25 PM
    Hmmm..
    Airplane mode and different hdmi port on tv.... wolf of wall street... no crackling for 3 hours.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 10:34 PM
    Im having the same problem, i'll have to go back to streaming on ps4 if its not fixed soon.
    05-11-14 04:49 PM
    I been having same problem, it only lasts a few minutes and then stops but extremely annoying. You can't help but notice it

-
    07-04-14 02:25 AM
    Had the same issue. Switched cables and no cracking sound after that.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 02:59 AM
    I have tried 2 different devices (Q10, Z30) with 2 different cables (one Redmere, one not) on 2 different TVs (Vizio, LG) in 2 different states. Has no one else concluded that this is a BlackBerry problem?
    07-27-14 07:11 AM
    Disheartening to find out this is a problem. Just discovered it tonight while playing a high quality song file, via micro hdmi, from my 10.2.1 Q10, through high quality equipment and cable. As a test I played the same file through the 3.5" jack and also heard crackling. Problem also persists with streaming radio. Seems to point to a problem with the native player, which is sad, because this player is already sub-par in every other way. Is there a developer out there missing a golden opportunity for a BB10 media player? Port it, "design it for BB", whatever, We will buy it.
    10-26-14 08:20 PM