I currently have the HTC one x. And while I love the Android platform, I'm just ready for a change. I had the Iphone 3gs for two years before that and enjoyed it while I had it. I don't like the galaxy series either. I usually just use the phone for call txt the occasional email and browsing the Internet. Usually forums. Is there any particular reason I should or shouldn't get the q10. I've never used a bb before and I like the idea of a hw keyboard, I'm also not against the idea of a smaller screen because hopefully it'll give me better battery. Hopefully.
    07-27-13 09:01 AM
    I would recommend the Z10. The native browser is awesome. The screen is larger and better for viewing pages. My wife came over to the Z10 from the HTC Desire, chalk and cheese, she loves the Z10.

Go a white Z10!!!!

There are no major software differences between the Z and Q. I feel the keyboard experience is better with the Z10 and I came from the 9900.

Battery life will not be an issue.
    Last edited by RohrohrohURboat; 07-27-13 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Additional info
    07-27-13 09:31 AM
    Try it if you can for a couple of days but give it a good try.. you may find that the z10/q10 may nicely fit your needs. My advice wrt the q10 or z10: z10 may win you over if you're coming from being familiar with using touchscreens - the keyboard is awesome and the battery while it is good will not be better than the q10 for obvious reasons (small screen, bigger battery). Get the q10 if communication is your main driver; the qwerty keyboard is great and there's nothing better than a BB for this.. for what you sacrifice with screen size (for gaming, videos,etc.) you gain with battery life. It really comes down to what you value the most. I value screen size so I have a z10 and the virtual keyboard for me is the best on the market right now. What you'll find is that the OS is extremely efficient with gesturing once you get use to it. If BB10 had all the mainstrean apps right now.. it would be a force to be reckon with.
    RohrohrohURboat likes this.
    07-27-13 09:40 AM
    Make sure there is a return policy when you buy it but of course you should try something new. The Q10 is definitely something new if you haven't tried a BlackBerry before. If you don't like it, go for the Z which is just another touch screen phone or another HTC but if you feel like checking out something new, try out that keyboard and smaller size.
    07-27-13 09:42 AM
    I'm definitely partial towards the q over the z. I've had large touch screens for a while now. I'm not worried about large screens or games or anything like that. I'll see what the return policy is and give it a go if I can manage it.
    zeteo likes this.
    07-27-13 11:12 AM
    I too am partial to the Q. It is an amazing device.
    07-27-13 11:35 AM
    Just FYI - the browser is really incredible, and is very good at rendering just about any page. Reader mode is very good for reading just the body text on a page and is really good for news. However, for reading forums you'll probably want something like tapatalk (it it's supported by the forums you read), which is an android port and doesn't have good reviews in app world.

All that being said, I really like my Q10. It is nicely sized and gets decent battery life. I think the app situation is not that bad, but you will have to adjust your expectations from Android.

Bob
    07-27-13 12:42 PM