I was really getting grumpy when I couldn't figure out how to copy & paste. Suddenly I found it! You have to highlight what you want to copy. Then you hold your finger on it till a menu appears on the right side of the screen. If you hover your finger over those mysterious icons, they will reveal what they are. One of them was copy, another was paste! It worked! That being said, selecting the text to copy is a bit of a hit or miss chore. I guess it takes practice.
    Now, can someone tell me how to label the pictures I take like I could on my old 9000?
    06-29-13 09:03 PM
    Congratulations, it does take a little adjustment to figure out how to do all of these things you're used to doing the old way. I did move your thread to the right forum though. Gotta love the little things!
    06-29-13 09:24 PM
    The copy/paste is a hard one.
    06-29-13 09:27 PM
    I was really getting grumpy when I couldn't figure out how to copy & paste. Suddenly I found it! You have to highlight what you want to copy. Then you hold your finger on it till a menu appears on the right side of the screen. If you hover your finger over those mysterious icons, they will reveal what they are. One of them was copy, another was paste! It worked! That being said, selecting the text to copy is a bit of a hit or miss chore. I guess it takes practice.
    Now, can someone tell me how to label the pictures I take like I could on my old 9000?
    Way to go! You can always ask the community and we will do our best to help you. Congratulations.
    06-29-13 09:38 PM
    Thanks. I couldn't find where to start the thread!
    06-29-13 10:38 PM
    To answer your question, you have to to rename photos from the File Manager. (another mysterious icon from the overflow menu!). You can't rename from within the Pictures app. PITA.
    OTCHRussell likes this.
    06-29-13 10:48 PM
    Copy and paste on bb10 becomes much easier with practice.
    06-30-13 01:48 AM
    OP, I understand your frustration then elation at finding copy and paste. I realize if I can't find an option I should probably press and hold on a section of the screen and additional menu options should slide right out.

Posted via CB10
    Harry_III_UK likes this.
    06-30-13 02:03 AM
    Thanks. I missed your reply so I asked again. I had a feeling the file manager might be the answer, but I hadn't tried it yet. Will try it now!
    07-08-13 03:45 PM
    Yes, I was able to relabel pictures in the file manager. I also figured out that new pictures would be in the camera file, not pictures. So I had to learn how to move them into the correct picture file!! Lots to learn but enjoy learning it!! Can't do this on the iPhone!!
    Sorry I'm typing so much. It's so much fun to type on this thing!!

Posted via CB10
    ESCON and mexicangangboss like this.
    07-08-13 04:35 PM
    It took a few seconds to figure this one out. I was so lost at first. Copy/past function could use some improvements. It ok once you get it.

Posted via Pilot's Q10
    07-08-13 04:45 PM
    Yes, I was able to relabel pictures in the file manager. I also figured out that new pictures would be in the camera file, not pictures. So I had to learn how to move them into the correct picture file!! Lots to learn but enjoy learning it!! Can't do this on the iPhone!!
    Sorry I'm typing so much. It's so much fun to type on this thing!!

Posted via CB10
    Oh wow, so joyful, you really seem to be in your element! Keep rocking

Posted via Z10
    07-08-13 05:15 PM
    OP, I understand your frustration then elation at finding copy and paste. I realize if I can't find an option I should probably press and hold on a section of the screen and additional menu options should slide right out.

Posted via CB10
    I always do that before I try to look for anything else on how to do anything. :P
    07-08-13 05:28 PM
    Confession: originally same issue here until I stumbled into the overflow options - pure luck, I guess. Simply love discovering new things every day.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 03:40 PM
    Trying to copy text with your finger over the words is a pain, but pulling the dots away from the text before trying to select anything makes the process much easier.

Posted from my T-Mobile Z10, no longer on the Sprint Meh network.
    07-11-13 03:46 PM
    The copy/paste is a hard one.
    Got better with the 10.1 update from AT&T. Circle is bigger and easier to move around and cut and paste in general is better I think. Hopefully 10.2 will solve a lot of these little issues. Is it better with the .4543 leak Lendo?
    07-11-13 04:02 PM
    Confession: originally same issue here until I stumbled into the overflow options - pure luck, I guess. Simply love discovering new things every day.

Posted via CB10
    That's what's cool about a brand new plateform like BB10. Everyday you learn something new. Got to love it!!!
    rudyalexc likes this.
    07-11-13 04:03 PM
    Sorry I'm typing so much. It's so much fun to type on this thing!! Posted via CB10
    Along the same line, with Link closed, you can plug your Q10 or Z10 into your PC, open "my computer" on desktop and find the Blackberry drives. They will show as an external drive and will have both the device and the SD Card showing. Open them up (expand them) and open the file you want and you can drag and drop any file from your PC or dropbox to your device with out syncing anything. For instance, say you want to move some pictures from your desk top to your phone, you can drag the pics or videos from your PC to your SD card with one quick motion. Same goes for work docs, excel spread sheets, pdf's, etc--anything. Then when you go to your file mgr in your device you can further edit them or move them around. Dragging and dropping is the simplest way to move files of any kind to your device and/or SD Card.
    OTCHRussell likes this.
    07-11-13 04:10 PM
    I can't ever get the text to highlight so that I can copy or delete. Very frustrating too.

I tap, hold and hover and nothing happens.

For one new thing I discover that is cool about OS10 I find two things that stink.

Posted via Q10 via CB10 app
    07-11-13 09:50 PM
    That's a very good idea. I didn't realize I could do that by plugging the phone into the computer. What I have done is take out the SD card, put it in an adapter that fits into my computer. , then move files in and out and around that way. I think your way sounds easier.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 04:41 PM
    That's a very good idea. I didn't realize I could do that by plugging the phone into the computer. What I have done is take out the SD card, put it in an adapter that fits into my computer. , then move files in and out and around that way. I think your way sounds easier.

Posted via CB10
    They both work well. I've done the SD card way for music transfers as I was into a large spread sheet and wanted to do the music copy while I was multi-tasking (which I don't do well)-and used a card reader to do the move. It was on my old 9810 but regardless its the same. I learned something new today as well. I haven't had the time to learn how to effectively use the "Remember" App yet but I did realize that for whatever reason, when I did my device switch it copied my "notes" folder from my Outlook 2007 (that was synced daily with my Torch) over to the Remember App. Kind of cool, especially since it doesn't seem to sync my notes (memos) or tasks from Outlook 2007 to the Q10 like it used to with the 9810.So here is a case where I could just edit the Remember folder if it doesn' sync, via the PC files or File manager. Just some interesting fyi stuff. Everyday, I'm learning something new.
    OTCHRussell likes this.
    07-12-13 04:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    As another alternative - turn on WiFi access in BB Link. I don't even plug in to my PC, just use WiFi. It shows both the mSD card and the Devise memory as drives. Easy peasy.
    07-13-13 10:51 AM
    I have used the WIFI to put music on my Q10. So many fun things to learn!! Best phone ever!!

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 01:03 PM